Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Ufc114-poster-2_medium.jpg

Surprised no thread, yet. Could be a huuuuge fight. If Rampage wins we'll never hear the end of it... I'm hoping Rashad can defeat him but don't know how this will turn out. Both will be keeping on their feet with Jackson having size but no ground game and Evans won't be able to out muscle Jackson on the ground.

It could be a spectacular knockout or a boring 3 rounder ending on a decision imo.

evans wont want it standing. he has slim to no chance of dropping page who has the granite chin. i think he will take the same game plan he had againt thiago silva and shoot whenever he gets an opening.

if we see a focused page i think his td defense will be too strong and will finish it before the 2nd round is thru.

i really wanna see some of rampages gnp and just stand over the cocky frog rain down the fury

I like Rashard more as a person but this is a really tough ask for him. I'll give my tips when it's closer but Rampage looks good here.

I think it will be hard going for Rashad in this one. I think Rampage might get the KO in the 2nd. This isn't the best card, I think it really lost a lot with the withdrawal of Griffin against Lil' Nog.

I think a really good fight on this one could be Cain against Diabate.

Bisping shouldn't have any trouble with Miller.

I wonder with Bisping now being a middleweight if they will match him up against Kendall Grove so the two winners of TUF 3 can go head to head?

Uhhh not really. What's Machida, maybe 6'1? His body is better suited to MW I think, but he's not dwarfed at LHW like he was at HW.

whats all this rashad is a better person bullshit?
i reckon rampage is way more charismatic and funny. rather watch watch ramage doing something funny rather than rashad with his pole up his arse.

i still laugh everytime i see the stand off between rampage and rashad after thejardine fight.
'we gonna have some black on black crime'
best line ive heard inside the ring

and im giving this to rampage late 2nd round knock out on the feet

I still like both guys.

Think Rashad might go the "gameplan for decision" route. No point standing with Rampage IMO. Or maybe he might be going the suprise angle and working hard on kicks. Rampage's weakness seems to be leg kicks. Will be interesting if hes been working on kicks for this fight.

The smacktalk is fun though. Can definitely string together a rematch or two if the fight is entertaining.

Winner to face Shogun, would be great to see Shogun/Page II so on the back of that I'm hoping Page takes it.

i reckon rampage is way more charismatic and funny. rather watch watch ramage doing something funny rather than rashad with his pole up his arse.

i still laugh everytime i see the stand off between rampage and rashad after thejardine fight.

i reckon rashad would be a better dude to hang out with, page seems like a meat head unless you are tight with him. i like page a ton more than evans tho.

"he so cocky, look at him; all cocky. he got some baaad breaff"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evans just seems the more level headed, nicer guy in general going by watching him coach and participate in TUF series. Plus I want the underdog to win...

I still like both guys.

Think Rashad might go the "gameplan for decision" route. No point standing with Rampage IMO. Or maybe he might be going the suprise angle and working hard on kicks. Rampage's weakness seems to be leg kicks. Will be interesting if hes been working on kicks for this fight.

The smacktalk is fun though. Can definitely string together a rematch or two if the fight is entertaining.

Winner to face Shogun, would be great to see Shogun/Page II so on the back of that I'm hoping Page takes it.
I hope Rampage wins this fight, but Shogun will destroy him... again.

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans - not fully confident in this pick, Rampage is the better fighter but is his head fully in it? Watching the Primetime specials you'd say yes but he's done interviews where he's said his manager arranged his return to the UFC and that he sometimes would prefer to be retired and promote his own fights, I'll go with Rampage by TKO anyway
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs Dan Miller - Bisping's far better on the feet and more than capable enough to survive if Miller gets him down, Bisping needs to watch out for the guillotine though if he ever looks for the takedown himself, Wand had it in tight in their fight and Miller's guillotine is really dangerous
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow - probably won't be the pushover many are anticipating as Russow is tough if nothing else, Duffee either by TKO late in the fight or by decision if he gasses out
Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jason Brilz - Little Nog by sub, sucks that Forrest had to pull out as it notably weakens the card
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs John Hathaway - this could be great, Hathaway is one of the few English fighters with decent wrestling and Diego always brings it, leaning towards Sanchez by TKO with some GNP

Spike Prelims
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim - nice fight, Stun Gun is good but Sadollah's impressed me with his stand-up in his last couple of fights, if he can avoid taking heavy elbows if/when Stun Gun puts him on his back he should be able to win enough of the fight in the stand-up to take a decision
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs Dan Lauzon - would have gone with Escudero anyways but the news that Dan's been booted from his brother's gym with only a few weeks to go until the fight merely confirmed my pick, Escudero by sub

Prelims
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe - no idea about Lowe so I'll stick with the safe pick
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Cyrille Diabate - I like Cane a lot but Diabate has some nasty Muay Thai skills (he was giving Shogun fits a few years ago before Shogun took him down and stomped and soccer kicked him to death) and Cane will probably be a bit gunshy after the beating Nog gave him, the Snake by TKO
Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs Joe Brammer - Riley by decision
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen - Jensen by sub, I guess, no idea though

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans - It'll definitely be interesting to see what effect the mind games and ill-feeling between the two has on their fight. I think a focussed Jackson is the better fighter, but Rashad is smart and versatile and has always shown a remarkable ability to get the job done. Maybe a bit of an upset by I think Rashad gets him down and G&Ps a TKO win. I certainly hope I'm right.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs Dan Miller - Another hard one to tip, but I'm going with Miller by sub as he seems to be getting better with every fight.
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow - Duffee bt KO.
Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jason Brilz - Brilz is a talented fighter, but may be a little out of his league here. Little Nog by TKO
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs John Hathaway - Ditto Hathaway. Talented, but out of his league. Hope I'm wrong though.

Spike Prelims
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim - Amir's been highly impressive in his last two stoushes, so I couldn't possibly tip against him here.
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs Dan Lauzon -
would have gone with Escudero anyways but the news that Dan's been booted from his brother's gym with only a few weeks to go until the fight merely confirmed my pick, Escudero by sub

Prelims
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe - Guillard's been in good form lately.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Cyrille Diabate - Diabate by KO.
Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs Joe Brammer - Riley by decision
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen - No eye deer.

If Rashad and Rampage put on a fight half as good as they dis each other, then it should be one hell of a fight.

Think Rampage will take it by decision.

in the main event, its simple... if the fight stays upright, Rampage has Rashad covered, purely with power...

thats if Rashad gets a big head, if he decides to 'lay and pray' or wrestle Rampage, he should have a comfortable win...

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans - Rampage is on a mission. He looks more focused and prepared than ever. I think Rashad is extremely over-rated. I don't think it'll go to the ground because Rampage has the wrestling background to match Rashad and his Rolles Gracie McDojo bjj black belt. Once Thiago started to bang with him, Rashad was in trouble. I think Rampage has the superior stand up and will be patient enough to put Rashad to sleep when he sees an opening.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs Dan Miller - Bisping's stand up is much better than Miller's and his ground game is more than competent. Hopefully we see a more aggressive Bisping this time because I think that was his downfall against Wand and Hendo - not going after his opponents. It's frustrating because he's got a lot of talent and superior cardio to most fighters. If Bisping loses I think he should consider moving camps for a while, possibly somewhere in the US like Greg Jackson, AKA, Dellagrotte.
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow - What little we've seen of Duffee has been very impressive. Who knows? You'd think he'll finish with a KO. The guy's only 24 so hopefully he can be another force in the heavyweight division.
Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jason Brilz - Lil Nog by sub but I think this could be the upset of the night i.e. Lil Nog vs Sokojigaboo.
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs John Hathaway - Diego via homicide. I fear for Hathaway's life in this one.

Spike Prelims
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim - Amir by decision but he needs to finish Kim by TKO. Amir looks better with every fight and I love watching his classic Muay Thai style break down his opponents. I think he's competent enough on the ground and watch for Amir to use plenty of elbows and knees in the clinch.
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs Dan Lauzon - Efrain by decision.

Prelims
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe - I like Lowe for an early TKO stoppage.
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Cyrille Diabate - Cane to bounce back with a TKO
Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs Joe Brammer - No idea. They're both s**t which means this'll be a 3 round fight of the night brawl.
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen - The younger Forbes by TKO.

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans - I really don't know on this one. If Evans is to win it will probably be a really boring fight so I'm kind of hoping Rampage wins. Evans cannot get into a striking match unless he's worked big time on his leg kicks. He's not going to knock Rampage out and we all know Rampage can knock him out. If he can consistantly get Rampage on his back he'll be fine, I just don't think he'll stay conscious for 15 minutes.
Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs Dan Miller - I think Bisping will pick Miller apart on the feet. He won't have to worry about Miller's explosiveness like he did against Wandy, which should make him a lot more comfortable. Sucks that Millers likely to get his third loss on the trot, he's a great fighter.
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow - Duffee will either knock Russow out or we'll all be disappointed and Russow will win a decision. I'll go with the more exciting option. Great test for Duffee either way.
Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jason Brilz - I think Little Nog would've handled Forrest pretty easily and this will be no contest. TKO 1st.
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs John Hathaway - Hathaway is super talented but this might be a bit too much too early.

Spike Prelims
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim - I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. Amir will keep active on his back and win the striking to get the decision.
Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs Dan Lauzon - Lauzon's s**t and seems like a dick. Should be an easy win for Escudero.

Prelims
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe -
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Cyrille Diabate - Rough rebound fight for Cane. He looking like a future star then he puts in a terrible performance against Little Nog and now he has to face a world class striker. I still think he can get the win, likely by sub. I wouldn't be surprised to see a KO, even for Cane.
Lightweight bout: Aaron Riley vs Joe Brammer -
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen - I wikied Forbes to see how he's been going and was surprised to see he's only 25. That TUF season seems like so long ago. Anyway, no idea for this one.

Main Card
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs Rashad Evans - Tipping Page. Tough one but I think Rashad is undersized for a LHW, he's fast, but I think Page has better technical boxing, and probably will be able to stop Rashad's takedown. The big question is his 1 year layoff and cardio. Be an interesting fight, very hard to tip, but I'll take Rampage purely because I want to see him vs Shogun again.

Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs Dan Miller - Bisping is more well rounded, and unless he gets sloppy like he did vs Elvis back at UFC 70, he should handily take out Miller. TKO or D.
Heavyweight bout: Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow - Duffee is far overhyped, but still should take out Russow. Don't be suprised if it goes to decision though.
Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Jason Brilz - Diet Nog easy.
Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs John Hathaway - Diego is a better competitor overall. Should be a good fight though.

Spike Prelims
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs Dong Hyun Kim - Stun Gun will take this by D or Sub. Sodallah has improved, but DHK is a great judoka, solid striker and has nasty GnP. Unless this stays on its feet for the entire fight, I'd say Stun Gun takes it.

Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs Dan Lauzon - Dans had personal troubles leading up to this fight, he's not gonig to be in the right frame of mind. Plus, unless it goes to the ground which will be difficult, Escudero should have him covered.

Prelims
Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs Waylon Lowe - Melvin, TKO
Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs Cyrille Diabate - Good to see the Snake have a tilt in the UFC, but Cane will do him no favours. Cyrille is better technically, but I think will be bullied by Power and agression that Cane brings to the fight. TKO or D.
Middleweight bout: Jesse Forbes vs Ryan Jensen - Jensen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back