Club Legend
Jul 11, 2005
Never Never Land
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
GEELONG
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2285&offset=0

The UFC may stage its first Australian show in February 2010 with Sydney being the likely host venue, Fighters Only has been told.

UFC president Dana White recently spoke of the company's intention to head down under, and an Australian source tells us that the Acer Arena in Sydney has been contacted about a February booking.

The Arena - formerly known as the Sydney SuperDome - has a maximum capacity of 21,000 and is one of Australia's leading venues.

Among the high-profile events in regularly plays host to are the MTV Australia music awards and concerts by some of the biggest names in showbusiness.

A number of Australian fighters have appeared in the UFC over the years, including Elvis Sinosic, George Sotiropoulos and Brad Morris.

Although MMA has not taken off here yet, I still think it would be a great show. You see the crowds at the Australian Cage Fighting Championships get quite into it, so you'd think a big UFC show would have a decent atmosphere.

No decent AU fighters to make the bill, but that's not going to stop UFC 99 in Germany. One thing you got to love about Dana and the Silvas' is they do more than anyone else to promote MMA to the world. I'd go for sure.

george sotiropoulos has been waiting for a ppv debut... he'd get on the undercard. other than that... what's mark hunt doing nowadays? (yeah, we'd have to do that thing where we claim anyone from the oceania region as australian)

i'd love to see it happen - but i doubt it... these rumours have been around for years.

george sotiropoulos has been waiting for a ppv debut... he'd get on the undercard. other than that... what's mark hunt doing nowadays? (yeah, we'd have to do that thing where we claim anyone from the oceania region as australian)

i'd love to see it happen - but i doubt it... these rumours have been around for years.

George has been on a few cards but keeps getting injured. On the card of 101 to fight Rob Emerson

sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AsZw6LC2mw2uL36FzjJTMmk9Eo14

" is on the verge of bringing a fight card in February to Sydney, Australia"

Article has been put up on yahoo only a couple of hours ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he say where?

Hey man. Dana would not say in which state it was going to be in. I quickly advised him that Melbourne was the sporting capitol, however he responded with "but is'nt MMA in cages banned in that state?", which leads me to beleive it will be in Sydney.

Regardless, i dont care which state, i will be there for the whole event.

UFC100 was seriously something amazing to experience.

Hey man. Dana would not say in which state it was going to be in. I quickly advised him that Melbourne was the sporting capitol, however he responded with "but is'nt MMA in cages banned in that state?", which leads me to beleive it will be in Sydney.

Regardless, i dont care which state, i will be there for the whole event.

UFC100 was seriously something amazing to experience.

1. Put your video up onto youtube and link it here i want to see a) how ugly you are and b) dana fuggin white telling us himself that ufc will be here in 2010.

2. Did you meet him at the expo? Who else did you meet? Did you bang holly madison or either of the other ring girls at the after party? :) (joke)

1. Put your video up onto youtube and link it here i want to see a) how ugly you are and b) dana fuggin white telling us himself that ufc will be here in 2010.

2. Did you meet him at the expo? Who else did you meet? Did you bang holly madison or either of the other ring girls at the after party? :) (joke)

Ok mate... I will get onto that for you.

I met endless amounts of fighters. Fair few big names. Randy, Chuck, Royce Gracie, Wandy being the high lights, however like i mentioned in the other thread, people, like Shane Carwin, Forrest, Machida, Guida were absolutely exception.

Shane Carwin seriously chatted to me for 15-20 mins and in the end i left so i could track down some of the other fighters.

P.S. Sadly, behind Randy and Wandy, Kimbo "I've proven nothing yet" Slice was one of the biggest attactions.

Ok this looks like it's on the 'five ounces of pain' website is saying UFC 110 or 111 will be held at ACER Arena in sydney in feb 2010 that is only 4 months away. This is bloody awesome I am there I thought if they were coming it would be a UFN but it seems it'll be a big show with all the good stuff.

Wand in Aus. CRAZY!!!

Waits for the 'human cockfighting' newspaper reports.

Be cool if the UFC was actually called UHC.

"Ultimate Human Cockfighting" has a nice ring to it ;)

I would only watch if they had metal spurs attached to their feet.:)

I reckon it will be a rumour fest over the coming month or 2 as to the proposed line up.

Any chance of Elvis Sinosic as a colour commentator again?

Looking forward to this.
It's a shame VIC don't have MMA in a cage, the 'No Holds Barred fighting' in a ring sucks, & causes more problems than anything.

But hey, thank Justin Merlino (Minister for Sport) for thinking of the safety of fighters....the knob.

True, watching a ring combat is better for the spectator, but I reckon there is more interference in a ring vs cage.
But like you said there's pro's & con's for both. :)

Wand and Sexyama FTW!

[youtube]NSaYvtJSQXg[/youtube]

I love how Wand is such a sweet and funny guy outside of the octagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back