UFC to Sydney is 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I hear a "Bisping's a w***er" chant?

:D

was too funny after that chant died a lone voice started "silvas a w***er" only to have drinks thrown at him.

plenty of ausie chants goin on made for incredible atmosphere.

best heckle of the naight had to be "your mum is a terrible cook". dont know who it was directed at but it was stellar!

At the airport waiting to fly back to Tulla. Was a fantastic weekend away with the boys. UFC was awesome yesterday. Absolutely awesome. Had wicked seats too!

The catering at the event was a disgrace. Understaffed and under prepared.

could see him getting another big test - a florian or a guida i reckon.

George Sotiropolous put on a clinic today, his bjj was way too good for Joe Stevenson. The question is: how would he go against someone like Kenny Florian?

Joe Daddy was actually pretty good on the ground imo, many other fighters would of been subbed in the 1st round. George's standup was what was most impressive.

Florian would be too good imo. Someone like Tyson Griffin would be a good fight.

could see him getting another big test - a florian or a guida i reckon.

I thing Guida is finished at getting a chance at the tital but it would be a good fight, it seems you have to beat him to get a tital shot.

Now that he is past Stevenson I think it might go:

Get past Guida (he seems to be the next of the best these days), then Florian or Sanchez then a tital shot if he wins. Of the two I think he would do better against Florian & it would be great to see two who are good at BJJ go at it.

Would love to see it Guida then BJ because if he was to lose then it will take time to build towards another shot. That being said if no one else steps up they might still give him a go but its not likely to happen as if he can't beat Sanchez or Florian BJ will kill him.

Sanchez is going back to 170 so that's out.

Florian and Gomi will duke it out, the loser of that is a possibility, but I'd prefer a decent striker or wrestler. Griffin is a good one, as is Sherk or Maynard. As for a striker, Sam Stout would be a good test. I wouldn't like to see Sotiropolous against Guida.

Guida would be a prick to fight, unbelievable cardio (you'd reckon he was on drugs) and just a tough bloke. Id like to think George would be too good but you never know, the fighters with weird styles like that it's hard to see what will happen sometimes.

Sanchez is going back to 170 so that's out.

Florian and Gomi will duke it out, the loser of that is a possibility, but I'd prefer a decent striker or wrestler. Griffin is a good one, as is Sherk or Maynard. As for a striker, Sam Stout would be a good test. I wouldn't like to see Sotiropolous against Guida.

Is that because he is a straight out wrestler with epic cardio or that he won't really indicate where Sots is at? I was thinking the same thing as he has the ability to make people look bad due to his take downs & G&P.

Not really a test of out & out skill & ability, rather he can test the heart & mental strength of a fighter.

His fight against Sanchez was crazy, his will to compete is second to none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think George should push for a fight against either Florian or Maynard. A possible victory would automatically make him a contender. A Guida fight would do nothing for him.And lets not forget George is allready 32, he should not be wasting any time.

I think it's too soon for George to be fighting Florian. I rate Florian as the number 2 lightweight in the world (better than Aoki and Alvarez) and he finished Stevenson and Guida without breaking a sweat. Give George a couple more fights first. Maynard is definitely an option as is Guida. Frankie Edgar down the road (provided he loses to BJ) is a possibility. Sam Stout was very impressive in his last fight and a George vs Joe Lauzon battle has been talked about on the net over the last few days. And don't forget about Sean Sherk.

Plenty of options out there before Florian and Gomi.

I think George should push for a fight against either Florian or Maynard. A possible victory would automatically make him a contender. A Guida fight would do nothing for him.And lets not forget George is allready 32, he should not be wasting any time.

Agree wholeheartedly. George should push for the best fighter he can. Loser of Florien Gomi or even the loser of Edgar Penn (ok, Edgar)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back