2nds VFL Round 19 - Geelong v Collingwood, Simonds Stadium, 11:00AM Saturday 16 August

Remove this Banner Ad

3.12 in the first half was it? Should've been 5-6 goals up at 1/2 time.

Need Werribee to beat Sandringham to have a chance of playing finals. Sandy are 8 points up at 1/4 time though.

or Werribee to lose both this week & next week [unlikely against Frankston]
Of course the biggest problem will be Geelong actually winning Friday night.Lose that and it's Aretha Franklin singing.

Geelong Cats 1.1 3.12 9.14 12.15 (87)
Collingwood 3.2 6.2 8.4 16.5 (101)

GOALS:
Geelong Cats: McFarlane 3 Walker 3 Hartman 2 Brown Luxford Herbison Hollmer
Collingwood: White 4 Ferguson 2 Matheson 2 Karnezis 2 Moloney Allan Williams Lynch Martin Mooney

BEST:
Geelong Cats: Hartman Herbison Kolodjashnij Gleeson Stringer Sully
Collingwood: Gray White Armstrong Ramsay Ferguson Gault

GOALS:
Geelong Cats: McFarlane 3 Walker 3 Hartman 2 Brown Luxford Herbison Hollmer
Collingwood: White 4 Ferguson 2 Matheson 2 Karnezis 2 Moloney Allan Williams Lynch Martin Mooney
BEST:
Geelong Cats: Hartman Herbison Kolodjashnij Gleeson Stringer Sully
Collingwood: Gray White Armstrong Ramsay Ferguson Gault

Good to see young recruits in the besties again.
I have liked what I have seen of Kolodjashnij and I personally think that he could play both ends.
And that other bloke who was pick 77 is doing ok too.

5d5xdz.jpg

Another Hartman BoG? Nice. Geez there is going to be kids pressing next year, surely some seniors are going to get dislodged.

Who played on White? Hamling?

In the last quarter it was Hamling , he was just out gunned. It reminded me of the Werribe game when in the last Daw was just to big , too strong.
Over all I though he was one of our better players but come the last quarter , the ball coming in the odds staked against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure we can say that , he seems to miss quite a few these days
Maybe I should've said Brown (2012/2013 version) would've kicked them?
I agree- it's almost as if he is trying too hard. Not sure if he's had an injury or changed his kicking action but he doesn't seem to be as accurate as he once was.
Here are his goal kicking stats from the past 3 years:
2014 (13 games): kicked 19.24
2013 (17 games): kicked 10.1
2012 (18 games): kicked 36.18

Josh Walker's stats over the same period:
2014 (13 games): kicked 22.9
2013 (14 games): kicked 31.25
2012 (15 games): kicked 22.15

Last edited:
Brad Hartman once again with a more than solid performance to continue to press his case for AFL football.

30 touches, 11 clearances, six inside 50s and seven tackles

Brad Hartman once again with a more than solid performance to continue to press his case for AFL football.

30 touches, 11 clearances, six inside 50s and seven tackles

Naaah. He's a hack and we should have put him on the rookie list.

I wrote in another thread if SJ does not play bring Hartman in.

Not that Bews and Thurlow do not deserve more senior exposure but they are not mids. Hartman is also a tackler and finals need tacklers, chasers, runners and ball getters. Hartman has surprised me but he has the runs on the board at the right time of the year. Could be a great sub in the weeks to come.

So for me -

Ins - Bartel, Murdoch and Hartman.

Outs - Bews, Thurlow and Smedts.

The more runners we have against the Hawks (that can still get the ball) - the more we stretch the Hawks IMO.

Naaah. He's a hack and we should have put him on the rookie list.
Whacking the hive Rabs…. Whacking the hive…

And yes, I said he should have gone to the Rookie list. Yes I was wrong. I owe you a beer…..
I never said he was no good but just too far back ( back then anyway) and the sliest spot could have been used differently….

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back