Traded Vince to Dees for Sylvia Compo Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I think we've perhaps paid slightly overs for Vince but he is worth more than our 3rd rounder so it's not too bad. We definitely need more experience in the midfield which is an added bonus.

One thing is for certain, I much prefer our trading compared to last season :rainbow:

Hmm some dodgy trading by Roos and co IMO. Surprised.

Win-win.

23 might be overpriced but Sylvia for Vince is great and that's the real deal for us.

Crows fans must be happy to get back into the draft and a couple of decent SA mids in that range - Dumont, Dunstan. Never know if Crouch slips and you get the bash brothers rolling.

When you consider it was essentially Colin for Vince I think most would see it as a win

I think we've perhaps paid slightly overs for Vince but he is worth more than our 3rd rounder so it's not too bad. We definitely need more experience in the midfield which is an added bonus.

One thing is for certain, I much prefer our trading compared to last season :rainbow:

I cringe every time i read that line, not because I think we've been paid too much but because it fills a critical need the Dees need now

What % chance would have pick 23 produced a ready to go mid from rd 1 2014?

The sad fact is players in general don't want to come to the MFC and play in a poor side. We all know the Dees need mature bodies in the middle now.

I think it's a great deal - if we get 3 years out of Vince it's a win for the Dees and I do hope the Crows get a decent player in return.

Vince allows us to develop some young mids and not throw them to the wolves (like a toumpas or Morton for argument sake) over the next few years - I am a big fan of this trade

Dodgy trading :rolleyes:

It's Sylvia for Vince
I would have taken that before Sylvia left. The draft pick number does not matter one bit

Separate transactions and I'd take Sylvia before Vince any day.

Looking at Melbourne's list though, they do need experience so were happy to pay overs IMO.

Sad to see Vince go, but I understand the reasons for it. Annoying he had to leave for the Crows to get a decent draft pick, so I hope it turns out to be someone good. Vince should help Melbourne and will hopefully take a bit of the load off the shoulders of their younger players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Separate transactions and I'd take Sylvia before Vince any day.

Looking at Melbourne's list though, they do need experience so were happy to pay overs IMO.

Wow am a little surprised by that comment, nothing wrong with it just suprised

I must admit I haven't been a close observer of Vince's career but I would have safely assumed Vince has achieved more then Sylvia..

Don't get me wrong Sylvia is a solid talent but fades in and out even when the dees were up and about

Draft picks outside of the Top 10 are grossly overrated IMO and Paul Roos clearly thinks the same.

We're getting what we need for a pick that is a lottery at best.

I'll take 3-4 years and 60-70 games of serviceable, B-grade level footy from a hardened body then trying our luck with that pick.

Draft picks outside of the Top 10 are grossly overrated IMO and Paul Roos clearly thinks the same.

We're getting what we need for a pick that is a lottery at best.

I'll take 3-4 years and 60-70 games of serviceable, B-grade level footy from a hardened body then trying our luck with that pick.

Please tell me your new username will be Vinsaint

Paul Roos is inserting a spine into MFC as we speak, good work Melbourne, you might not be a joke next year.....:thumbsu:

really good ins, imo (Vince, Tyson, Michie)

Vince a good servant at Adelaide for awhile now, Michie b&f in the WAFL on a strong freo list, Tyson could be anything if he stays injury free.....at least you're going forwards

If your team stinks you're basically negligent if you don't try to offload your FAs.

It's just more blue sky list manager

Turning a known quantity into a draft pick who could be a pile of poo.

Use the cap space and get a player in. Footballers like money. Mitch Clark agrees.

I must admit I haven't been a close observer of Vince's career but I would have safely assumed Vince has achieved more then Sylvia..

Vince probably has achieved more. Got nothing to do with last season and/or the future though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back