W.Bulldogs vs Gold Coast @Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae, Bontempelli, Libba, Hrovat, Hunter, Stringer. Dogs are really building. They desperately need that big key forward (or two) though. Good win. Suns looked cooked. Last week seems to have really taken it out of them.

Macrae, Bontempelli, Libba, Hrovat, Hunter, Stringer. Dogs are really building. They desperately need that big key forward (or two) though. Good win. Suns looked cooked. Last week seems to have really taken it out of them.

You don't think playing in the rain against Geelong last week took it out of us? We are simply a better coached team than them.

Extremely happy with the win - great performances from most of our young guns.

GC did look knackered in the last quarter, don't think we would run over them like that normally and maybe would have come to rue our poor decision making and execution second quarter. But overall good signs once again.

You don't think playing in the rain against Geelong last week took it out of us? We are simply a better coached team than them.

Chill out champ! I was giving your boys a rap (wrap?). Learn how to take a compliment.

And no, I don't think playing the Cats in the rain is as exhausting as playing the Pies in the humidity of the Gold Coast with no rotations in the last.

Bulldogs or the Suns ?

Bulldogs chances are iffy, i think the Suns will be in the final 8 come finals time..... i just want them to finish 7th-8th.

I meant Suns, Dogs have no chance at 6 wins now. But it is looking good for them for the future, a few more good drafts, not so much picking up players like Crameri.

I think Suns will be battling it out for 7th or 8th now, assuming the wheels don't fall off. If they lose to the Lions next week they are in strife.

Never won a game without Ablett the Suns, have they come on as much as everyone thinks or is Gaz just that ****ing good?

Never won a game without Ablett the Suns, have they come on as much as everyone thinks or is Gaz just that ******* good?

Young sides often struggle towards the end of the season. Prestia's from was on the decline for a few weeks now, he was red hot before.

I expressed in other posts that I felt they would be vulnerable this week and next week in particular as they try to adjust to the change.

Chill out champ! I was giving your boys a rap (wrap?). Learn how to take a compliment.

And no, I don't think playing the Cats in the rain is as exhausting as playing the Pies in the humidity of the Gold Coast with no rotations in the last.

It was a comment not attitude, but I don't agree with the humidity comment, that's there home game advantage.

Tipped the Hawks last night, then got swayed by the talk of the Crows' forward line exposing them, got on the Crows.

Had the Bullies locked in today, ummed and aahed a bit, then thought it being played in Cairns might trouble them, they win going away.

Lesson learned: Doesn't pay to be schizophrenic in your tipping, leave that to the comp this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young sides often struggle towards the end of the season. Prestia's from was on the decline for a few weeks now, he was red hot before.

I expressed in other posts that I felt they would be vulnerable this week and next week in particular as they try to adjust to the change.

I might be wrong, but I think the Dogs fielded a younger side than the Suns.

Also, why didn't we get the bye next week, like GCS have, we have to play another game, having been up there, and then get a break, doesn't seem fair

Not quite. We have more older guys, so our average age went up. We had an average of 23 years 11 months, Suns had 22 years 11 months.
Someone put up a stat that our youngest 16 was younger than their youngest 16, but I don't think there needs to be some kind of competition :p.

Regardless, we fielded a very young side. I think it may have even been the youngest we've put out there all year.

Would be interesting to have a look.

I counted 13 players with less than 50 games experience for us out there.

Dogs average age of the team that played was 23 years 11 months, Gold Coast was 22 years 11 months. Dogs had average games of 62.2 and Suns 48.1 so you were more experienced.

Dogs average age of the team that played was 23 years 11 months, Gold Coast was 22 years 11 months. Dogs had average games of 62.2 and Suns 48.1 so you were more experienced.
Boyd, Morris, and Murphy three of the oldest players out there skewers things a bit.

Boyd, Morris, and Murphy three of the oldest players out there skewers things a bit.

Old players generally skew things. :p We have an average age this weekend of 26.1 and 107 games, that is what you want to have around 25-26 and 100+ games. Being too young is not very good really, it just says you are going to be off it for a while.

Dogs median games - 41
Gold Coast median games - 53.5
We had the more inexperienced team out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back