Warner queries South Africa swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If people want to defend warner well thats their right but comparing what he said to smith's comments on johnson is just silly.

When bowlers feasting on the lower order becomes a punishable offense in cricket then you can compare the two accusations.

I didn't pay much attention to Warner's allegations until South Africa replied.
They certainly aren't doing themselves any favors, they look very guilty.

Should we pull up stumps and come home? I think we should, just on principal.

I didn't pay much attention to Warner's allegations until South Africa replied.
They certainly aren't doing themselves any favors, they look very guilty.

Should we pull up stumps and come home? I think we should, just on principal.
Indeed, I think we should. Nothing says 'integrity' and 'respect for the game' like throwing a tanty and going home.

After the last test would quite like our batsmen especially to just stfu and worry about themselves. If Warner has a problem with Sth Africa breaking rules then he should take it to the umpires, not the media.

I thought there was something in their contract that prevented players from making comment through inappropriate channels. If he's been fined 15% of his match payment, then that must be the case. If so, then why do players continue to do it? There are some things I will just never understand.

Ignoring for a moment whether Warner should have made that comment, I haven't been watching the Tests so I can't comment, but is there any substance in Warner's allegations?

Of course. But at the end of the day, he's there to make runs for his country and he's doing that consistently. Personally I don't think his off-field personality and opinions are all that relevant, but he's clearly getting under the opposition's skin on and off the pitch. A double win, really, if you're an Aussie fan.

Apart from Steyn running through the middle order like soft butter and Australia getting belted of course.

The boys on SEN this morning came at it from a slightly different angle which I thought was interesting.
If the South Africans are in fact doing this, could it be money well spent?
The authorities will keep a closer eye on them (particularly AB) when he has the ball in his gloves.
anything that slightly raises the eyebrows of the match referee the Proteas could be sent a please explain.

Apart from Steyn running through the middle order like soft butter and Australia getting belted of course.
Pretty sure Steyn's perfectly capable of doing that in any conditions, should it happen again, well I don't know about anyone else but I would attribute it more to Steyn's talent than a few choice and s**t-stirring words from Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slats mentioned the Davey and Candice romance once or thrice during the Ashes.

I have an amazing ability to turn off my hearing when slats is rambling

Last edited:
If people want to defend warner well thats their right but comparing what he said to smith's comments on johnson is just silly.

When bowlers feasting on the lower order becomes a punishable offense in cricket then you can compare the two accusations.

It's almost as if this South African side doesn't have a history of ball tampering.

Why do you reckon they got Faf a special pair of cricket pants with zippers and do you honestly think he only wore it once?

I missed that one. I have to read woman's day more often!
You don't even have to do that, just watch the Cricket Show next summer!
Oh, and make sure you have a bucket on hand.

It's almost as if this South African side doesn't have a history of ball tampering.

Why do you reckon they got Faf a special pair of cricket pants with zippers and do you honestly think he only wore it once?

I have no idea how they got it to reverse and whether it was legal or not, i wasn't ruling out the possibility they did something dodgy as i just don't know.

I just don't see how what smith said about mitch has to do with accusing somebody of cheating though?

If on the upcoming uae tour warner says ajmal can't take wickets unless the track is a turner would people say thats the same thing as warner calling ajmal a chucker?

I thought there was something in their contract that prevented players from making comment through inappropriate channels. If he's been fined 15% of his match payment, then that must be the case. If so, then why do players continue to do it? There are some things I will just never understand.

Ignoring for a moment whether Warner should have made that comment, I haven't been watching the Tests so I can't comment, but is there any substance in Warner's allegations?

No - there is nothing in it at all, there was footage of AB rolling the ball in his gloves - once - if that's what he's pinning his hopes on then in the words of the immortal Daryl Kerrigan "He's dreaming" The South Africans worked towards a very clever plan, meticulously handled the ball and then when it started to reverse all hell broke loose. It was one of the best planned and executed moves i've seen in test cricket for a long time and that's gone largely unnoticed due to all the associated bullshit around it.

I have no idea how they got it to reverse and whether it was legal or not, i wasn't ruling out the possibility they did something dodgy as i just don't know.

I just don't see how what smith said about mitch has to do with accusing somebody of cheating though?

If on the upcoming uae tour warner says ajmal can't take wickets unless the track is a turner would people say thats the same thing as warner calling ajmal a chucker?

It's more to do with that they've both gone down the route of saying something controversial to deflect media attention away from a poor performance.

It's more to do with that they've both gone down the route of saying something controversial to deflect media attention away from a poor performance.

The difference being Smith considered and thought what he said in a deliberate manner to deflect attention. Warner just uttered whatever was floating through his mind at that minute. One was planned, one was not.

lol this place would go into meltdown if Warner ever got a chance to captain Australia.
He ticks all the boxes, doesn't he?
From NSW - tick

He's a shoe-in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back