News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldve been Clarko. But not now. Probably not ever.
I haven’t seen an Allan Jeans statue anywhere around the club and frankly his coaching record (3 flags and 3 runners up in 9 seasons) compares quite favourably to Clarkson’s (4 flags and 1 runner up in 17 seasons)

Can the world move on from statues? Before the cancel wave I’ll bet most people never even noticed them
I agree. Holograms would be far more eye catching and more with the times.

Just imagine a Clarko playing a guitar hologram as you approach the Kennedy Centre. Our own players would likely call in sick just to avoid it 😂
I was thinking his one would be right up at the KCC itself. Setup to appear as if he was punching a hole in the wall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give how long this has taken anyone know if plans have been updated and/or still leading the pack as a facility?

there seem to be lots of club updating facilities...im curious to know if our plans are still game leading.
By the time it’s built we’ll need to renovate it

give how long this has taken anyone know if plans have been updated and/or still leading the pack as a facility?

there seem to be lots of club updating facilities...im curious to know if our plans are still game leading.
The actual building doesn’t need to be high tech, it’s the fit out that needs to be.

That won’t start happening until late this year, early next
So plenty of time to keep up to date with technology.

The actual building doesn’t need to be high tech, it’s the fit out that needs to be.

That won’t start happening until late this year, early next
So plenty of time to keep up to date with technology.
Have you seen the floor plans, and how little space we have dedicated towards technology?

I never understood the message clubs often say about facilities being out of date and needing to move/rebuild. What they really mean to say is too small. This will not be a problem at KCC.

At Glenferrie the weights room was tiny only a few players could work out in there at a time. There was nowhere to put rehab pools/icebaths etc.. Waverley has an oval, and a pretty decent sized building for offices, gym etc.. What it doesn't have is 1. privacy, 2. parking, 3. large highball facility. 4. multiple grounds. 5. full control of venue.

Out of date, simply means don't have new equiptment. A building can't really be out of date.

What we will have that others don't is owning a huge plot of land and the facilities. There will be no heritage listing on the building. There will be no houses with balconies overlooking the training ground etc..

Although it's a bit disapointing that our original plan of 100% owned is not going to be the case as there are community facilities. how that plays out we don't know but local teams playing on the AFLW oval, people walking their dogs through centre etc.. how much access the public gets for it's funding will be interesting. The initial goal was to be able to lock the gates and have completely closed door full ground training.

Have you seen the floor plans, and how little space we have dedicated towards technology?
You’ve seen the floor plans?

Latest projection.

1709080352000.png

By high tech I’m talking about the latest & greatest equipment for anything & everything, not just computer technology.

But floor space for computer technology would not need to be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back