Toast Welcome To Freo Ollie Murphy (pick 41 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard fella!

Last edited:

We were due for an Ollie
us8f27.gif

Welcome Ollie - sorry I cried out * when we picked you. It’s not you it’s me. It’s Freo needing forwards. I’m sure you’ll be awesome for us.

Welcome.

Why was Ollie left on the shelf so long? Reminds me of Dustin Fletcher with stronger mits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why was Ollie left on the shelf so long? Reminds me of Dustin Fletcher with stronger mits.

Rumours are he ran an extremely slow 20m at the combine and also tested poorly for agility. Not surprising for a 200cm player, but not ideal for a KPD.

Looks like a good aerialist and kick, and played all his junior footy (except the last year) as a forward/ruck, so who knows where we see his future.

With Davies probably projecting to be more of a second tall, this is a really great pickup for our list imo

I don't rate Davies so here's hoping he can be our tall back.

Will be good hopefully to take Pearce spot in the future

I'm really happy we picked Ollie up. In terms of young talent, I think this was the biggest gap on our list as we didn't have a long term replacement for Pearce.

Davies, Draper and Murphy is great young KPD depth and will pair nicely with Amiss, Treacy and Jackson/McDonald as they all mature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back