AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

If JVR is in Maric is in
If Spargo is in, then Im in. Im aware im not on a AFL list but im better at football then Spargo
If Chandler is in then Petrucelle/Jones/anyone who resembles one of Eagles small forwards is in also

You really have

Rivers
Pickett
Sparrow
Bowey
McEvee
Petty

Just a heap of role players outside of Pickett whose got star quality. If you offered me all 6 I wouldnt give you Harley Reid for example
Spargo was on of our best players in a final this year.

anyway, what's your obsession with players being stars? I'm not saying those 6 are stars but what they are is proven AFL players. Petty is a gun, Rivers is a gun and McVee is on track to be a gun. Sparrow and Bowey are role players.

GoEaglesGoSGIO

now name West coasts top 9 under 25 and how many games they played this year. Go on do it.
Bar Oscar Allen and Bailey Williams every single one got injured. Also leaving Harley Reid out is a bit uhh silly at best given we are disvussing 2023. The u25 im playing based on the 9 you included

Brady Hough
Ryan Maric
Oscar Allen
Bailley Williams
Reuben Ginbey
Elijah Hewett
Harley Reid
Jarmaine Jones
Jack Petrucelle
Tyler Brockman
Noah Long

Given Charlie Spargos addition though im inclined to add Chesser and Culley for exanple as the superior players

Spargo was on of our best players in a final this year.

anyway, what's your obsession with players being stars? I'm not saying those 6 are stars but what they are is proven AFL players. Petty is a gun, Rivers is a gun and McVee is on track to be a gun. Sparrow and Bowey are role players.
Umm he is shithouse. If he is best 22 in finals your not winning anything

Petrucelle as good as chandler? dreaming. How many games this year did Petruccelle kick more than 1 goal? Answer: 0 😱

Chandler kicked 3 goals, 5 times

Not winning anything? Except for the 2021 granny where he kicked the first goal 😆
Petrucelle played in the shittest team in the AFL and played mostly midfield/high half forward. Different players but I think if we offered Petch for Chandler in a straight swap Demons rip our arms off. Chandlers just a HFF they wish could help int he midfield but cant since he lacks the talent

Petrucelle played in the shittest team in the AFL and played mostly midfield/high half forward. Different players but I think if we offered Petch for Chandler in a straight swap Demons rip our arms off. Chandlers just a HFF they wish could help int he midfield but cant since he lacks the talent
haha, dees wouldn't swap Chandler for Petrucelle.

lol so Cyril rioli lacked talent because he didn't play much midfield time? lol. strange argument. Dees don't need chandler through the middle. what are you on about?

Bar Oscar Allen and Bailey Williams every single one got injured. Also leaving Harley Reid out is a bit uhh silly at best given we are disvussing 2023. The u25 im playing based on the 9 you included

Brady Hough
Ryan Maric
Oscar Allen
Bailley Williams
Reuben Ginbey
Elijah Hewett
Harley Reid
Jarmaine Jones
Jack Petrucelle
Tyler Brockman
Noah Long

Given Charlie Spargos addition though im inclined to add Chesser and Culley for exanple as the superior players
what a horrendous list of names to build your future on. Should've split the pick.

Petrucelle, Long, Brockman, Hough and Maric. yikes

because we go best available with the early picks.

Were they really the 'best available'? Not saying they don't have talent but it'd be interesting to know if any other clubs would've taken them at those picks.

Windsor rise high in the order on Melbourne's interest in him, as he no doubt fills a need for outside run after Melbourne's recent de-listings.

Tholstrup's an interesting one but he can play straight away I suppose.

gawns got like 4 years left. Still killing it.

31 years old and has had 2x knee recos. Naitanui was AA(alongside Gawn) just 2 seasons before he retired. The end comes quickly and ruckmen take a long time to development from when they're drafted.

Melbourne will need to trade one in to complement the younger blokes once Gawn's gone.

we picked up Jefferson with our first rounder last year. it's important that he develops.

You'd be hoping so but that's just one of a few positions that needs a player developing in a KPP role.

what a horrendous list of names to build your future on. Should've split the pick.

Petrucelle, Long, Brockman, Hough and Maric. yikes
This just proves you're clueless as to our list.

Melbourne should look to WCE prior to 2021 as what not to do when drafting for the future. Looks like they're going all in on another flag(after 2 years of straight sets exits) just in time to capitulate when Tassie enter the fray.

Not a great deal to get excited about in the youth stakes for Melbourne, in all honesty.

Were they really the 'best available'? Not saying they don't have talent but it'd be interesting to know if any other clubs would've taken them at those picks.

Windsor rise high in the order on Melbourne's interest in him, as he no doubt fills a need for outside run after Melbourne's recent de-listings.

Tholstrup's an interesting one but he can play straight away I suppose.

31 years old and has had 2x knee recos. Naitanui was AA(alongside Gawn) just 2 seasons before he retired. The end comes quickly and ruckmen take a long time to development from when they're drafted.

Melbourne will need to trade one in to complement the younger blokes once Gawn's gone.

You'd be hoping so but that's just one of a few positions that needs a player developing in a KPP role.

I think melbourne took best available yes. We need more key position stocks than mids if we were being picky but we need both.

Lol did you really just compare Natanui to Gawn. Gawn actually looks after his body. Nic Nat was fat. Yes, Gawn has had 2 knee reco's. How many years ago was that? 6 All-Australians since then.

This just proves you're clueless as to our list.

Melbourne should look to WCE prior to 2021 as what not to do when drafting for the future. Looks like they're going all in on another flag(after 2 years of straight sets exits) just in time to capitulate when Tassie enter the fray.

Not a great deal to get excited about in the youth stakes for Melbourne, in all honesty.
lol, we just picked up 2 first rounders in this draft. :) Obviously we'd like a Hewitt or Reid but what do you expect. we're a top 4 team and you're the worst club in the land so of course you'll get access to the elite talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think melbourne took best available yes. We need more key position stocks than mids if we were being picky but we need both.

Lol did you really just compare Natanui to Gawn. Gawn actually looks after his body. Nic Nat was fat. Yes, Gawn has had 2 knee reco's. How many years ago was that? 6 All-Australians since then.
Good for him.

I'm just saying don't be surprised if Gawn suddenly falls off a cliff in the next couple of seasons.

lol, we just picked up 2 first rounders in this draft. :) Obviously we'd like a Hewitt or Reid but what do you expect. we're a top 4 team and you're the worst club in the land so of course you'll get access to the elite talent.
Cool.

Just so you know, pick 1 has won as many AAs/Brownlows as pick 40, so I think you're obsessing a bit too much over picking up a couple of first rounders that your club appeared to reach for.

I'll happily take the clear best kid in the draft over a couple of middling picks in the first round, thanks.

So would your own list manager, considering he offered up every first rounder Melbourne had available just to make a play for Reid.

Cool.

Just so you know, pick 1 has won as many AAs/Brownlows as pick 40, so I think you're obsessing a bit too much over picking up a couple of first rounders that your club appeared to reach for.

I'll happily take the clear best kid in the draft over a couple of middling picks in the first round, thanks.

So would your own list manager, considering he offered up every first rounder Melbourne had available just to make a play for Reid.
'appeared to reach for' hahahaha. why? because you read a couple of mock drafts on Bigfooty. lol.

Windsor was going to get taken by GWS straight after us but sure. :)

Everyone had him pick 20-30
no they didn't. get your facts straight and do some research. I'd say Cal Twomey is as accurate as they come.

"Where does he go? Has been linked to Greater Western Sydney as an option with its first pick, with Essendon, Melbourne and Adelaide also likely to consider. If he got to St Kilda's pick at No.13 it would be hard to see him not taken, but is likely to be snapped up by then"

"Windsor had already been creeping up draft boards but he solidified his place as a potential pick right around the top 10 with his starring performances at the Draft Combine"

great, what a waste that was to watch. Didn't even mention where they rated Windsor. They may have rated him at pick 3 for all we know...
Umm, no. They were always going with Gotherd, which was the point of that video.

Weird that they did it in the reverse order and didn't take Leake first but I guess they were concerned someone else would reach for Gotherd first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back