Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
New coach of St Albans is a strange choice. Coached a div2 team in the EFL to 2 wooden spoons and got in the news for making players run around the park naked 1 training night. Not sure moving on there recent coach with a few rounds left in the 2015 season was real smart considering they couldn't make finals. At least let him see out the year and treat him with some respect. I thought he deserved it..
It's possible this decision might have made prospective coaches a bit hesitant. Also with Deer Park looking strong again and no relegation will some clubs play youth to build for the future??

Last time i checked the EFL club in question has had 2 coaches in the last year leave the post, both gave marching orders BEFORE season end . They are languishing at the bottom haven't won many games in the last 4 years do you think its the coaches fault? Hard to coach a team when you have no cattle especially when they were in EFL div 1, appears to be some issues behind the scenes that we are not privy too, doesn't seem like a stable environment from the outside looking in, and players looking elsewhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...relegation-fight/story-fnglemo4-1227480280696

Last time i checked the EFL club in question has had 2 coaches in the last year leave the post, both gave marching orders BEFORE season end . They are languishing at the bottom haven't won many games in the last 4 years do you think its the coaches fault? Hard to coach a team when you have no cattle especially when they were in EFL div 1, appears to be some issues behind the scenes that we are not privy too, doesn't seem like a stable environment from the outside looking in, and players looking elsewhere.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...relegation-fight/story-fnglemo4-1227480280696
So that makes it OK for him to make 17 yo kids run nude around a footy ground as punishment???
Hopefully he doesn't do that at the Goat herders because no one would want to see those bodies running around starkers!!!

So that makes it OK for him to make 17 yo kids run nude around a footy ground as punishment???
Hopefully he doesn't do that at the Goat herders because no one would want to see those bodies running around starkers!!!

Earlier this year concerns were raised over allegations that Eastern Football League players were made to run around an oval naked as punishment for poor performance. An investigation since concluded the East Burwood Rams players decided to run the nude lap after they lost a game of indoor Olympics. League chief executive Phil Murton said some in the group choose not to participate. The men involved were fined $1000 to be donated to beyondblue and required by the club to undertake community service.

Straight from the below link

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/sport-club-pranks-can-become-sex-crimes-20141017-117lat.html

Earlier this year concerns were raised over allegations that Eastern Football League players were made to run around an oval naked as punishment for poor performance. An investigation since concluded the East Burwood Rams players decided to run the nude lap after they lost a game of indoor Olympics. League chief executive Phil Murton said some in the group choose not to participate. The men involved were fined $1000 to be donated to beyondblue and required by the club to undertake community service.

Straight from the below link

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/sport-club-pranks-can-become-sex-crimes-20141017-117lat.html
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!!! :)
It's always the coaches fault on a Big Footy forum :)

Headed down to the League presentation night, great turnout and a good night a deserved Barry Priest Medal for Wade Skipper.
Not a fan how Bully stated in front of the audience that Werribee Districts s**t themselves, is the bloke fair dinkum have abit of respect for the opposing club choice of words were very poor. A leader amongst men was another quote, give us a spell mate. Just another reason to dislike Deer Park.

Headed down to the League presentation night, great turnout and a good night a deserved Barry Priest Medal for Wade Skipper.
Not a fan how Bully stated in front of the audience that Werribee Districts s**t themselves, is the bloke fair dinkum have abit of respect for the opposing club choice of words were very poor. A leader amongst men was another quote, give us a spell mate. Just another reason to dislike Deer Park.

You're kidding?
Anyone can be successful when you've got the capacity to recruit an all star team of sorts.
A true test for him will come if he ever decides to have a crack at coaching a club that isn't verging on unbackable favourite..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If true and highly likely, Bullen will have his head removed next season. He is a arrogant maggot who has been provided (kind estimate) 3 x times more then any other coach to spend. He defends Van REIT ten weeks after the bloke king hits a kid (when the kids family agreed not to charge) in the media, should have let it sleep.

I hope he cops a Van REIT special, no wonder Gareth Daley smashed him after lied to the bloke.

Stop whinging only telling the truth about game,what did you want him to say Werribee galliant in defeat

If true and highly likely, Bullen will have his head removed next season. He is a arrogant maggot who has been provided (kind estimate) 3 x times more then any other coach to spend. He defends Van REIT ten weeks after the bloke king hits a kid (when the kids family agreed not to charge) in the media, should have let it sleep.

I hope he cops a Van REIT special, no wonder Gareth Daley smashed him after lied to the bloke.
3 time premiership coach unlike you how's the throat you choker

Stop whinging only telling the truth about game,what did you want him to say Werribee galliant in defeat
There's such thing as having class and respecting the opposition.
Any premiership coach could come out and talk s**t after the fact, you'll find most are smarter than that however..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree it's a good move by Port Colts but to have a bye AGAIN in the top division just shows the WRFL has become a bit of a joke really. It's early (unlike Parkside decision) so I'm not sure why they don't ask if another club wants to go up.
They did ask

2 x divisions of 12 would be better but I understand why they want 3 divisions.
They need to be strong in their insistence that teams are relegated and promoted based on ladder position. When the hesitate and show no leadership like they have done in previous years in causes inconsistency.

You're kidding?
Anyone can be successful when you've got the capacity to recruit an all star team of sorts.
A true test for him will come if he ever decides to have a crack at coaching a club that isn't verging on unbackable favourite..

Sunbury Roos???
Do you have a solid source. As i can back this up

All I ever read on this forum are people sooking about Deer Park. Abbers killed Greenvale in our comp who I might add are a stronger club than who Deer Park thrashed but we all push in our comp on to catch the leader.
It looks like the Deer Park reign is not waning , so instead of complaining about them set yourself to catch them.

The points system will do that, but I am less convinced about the salary cap because there are so many ways around it (e.g. sponsor directly paying excess over the officially documented figure, understating gate receipts in your financials with the difference finding its way to the gun player(s) - untraceable - and the old Melbourne Storm 'two books' policy).

The reality is that there were always 2 - 4 clubs each year spending money on 3 - 5 quality players to get them within a sniff of a premiership. Deer Park are spending CRAZY money on 15 players not 5 or 6.
The other clubs are just wasting their money by trying to compete in the recruiting stakes.
On the other hand developing youth and getting senior games into young bodies will help in the future.
Also having a strong reserves team is key to future success. Having Fevola running around in the comp may sway a few players to join the league as it is a bit of a drawcard to play against the bloke. He will bring a carnival atmosphere to the league. Hopefully he will play some away games so not only Deer Park make money from canteen and beer sales.

I can't see DP giving their major rivals a financial leg up personally.

Deer Park are playing within the rules and I can't see the league being able to stop them even with points and salary cap.
It will be pretty hard for the league to tell a club that they have to let go players who have played in 3 or 4 premierships at the club.
Even signing Fevola isn't an issue considering he has been out of the game so long so he will be on limited points.
I personally think its pretty poor form only having Fev play home games as the beer sales will be through the roof when he plays.

Deer Park are playing within the rules and I can't see the league being able to stop them even with points and salary cap.
It will be pretty hard for the league to tell a club that they have to let go players who have played in 3 or 4 premierships at the club.
Even signing Fevola isn't an issue considering he has been out of the game so long so he will be on limited points.
I personally think its pretty poor form only having Fev play home games as the beer sales will be through the roof when he plays.

Why would visiting teams bother to turn up to games at Deer Park knowing that everything you spend money on is funding them, especially if they don't bring all their toys with them to away games to give you a chance to make some coin. Better off having them in the VFL instead striving to play better football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back