Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back to Deer Park Kwame McHarg we are really happy to have you back at the Parkers, I am sure you will be better for the pre season at Port Melbourne, number 29 is looking for a big year......

Is he back for the whole season, or only play games when Kwame McHarg not picked at Port Melbourne in the reserves?

Welcome back to Deer Park Kwame McHarg we are really happy to have you back at the Parkers, I am sure you will be better for the pre season at Port Melbourne, number 29 is looking for a big year......

What happened at Port? Did he just leave or they got rid of him, as there list would have been settled..
It's funny when I was hearing on the WRFL radio that Kwame was being looked at by AFL clubs. Now cmon on, what a load of sh##.

Will await your reply DP Lion..

He would easily have been in Ports reserves side at the very least. Some pretty ordinary players running around at vfl reserves level.

Exactly.

So you would assume 2 Things. That considering his clearance had been approved to the VFL on the WRFL Clearances Link that he had been listed by Port & that if that was the case he would be playing at Port most weeks.

So question would be has he been given the Lemonade ? Or has he just found out what a VFL reserves player is remunerated ?

Unless DP Lion comes on to give details of his OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT he made to all WRFL Bigfooty Diehards it would be safe to presume Kwame is on his way back to be the Big Fish in the small Pond where he will no doubt not have to worry where his next pineapple is coming from. Ain't Life Grand ! Good Luck to him.

Exactly.

So you would assume 2 Things. That considering his clearance had been approved to the VFL on the WRFL Clearances Link that he had been listed by Port & that if that was the case he would be playing at Port most weeks.

So question would be has he been given the Lemonade ? Or has he just found out what a VFL reserves player is remunerated ?

Unless DP Lion comes on to give details of his OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT he made to all WRFL Bigfooty Diehards it would be safe to presume Kwame is on his way back to be the Big Fish in the small Pond where he will no doubt not have to worry where his next pineapple is coming from. Ain't Life Grand ! Good Luck to him.

Let's be serious every single club in the WRFL would love the services of Kwame, given the option of being used up as a top up player or making great coin every single week would be very hard to refuse. Good luck to Deer Park I say.

He would easily have been in Ports reserves side at the very least. Some pretty ordinary players running around at vfl reserves level.

Couple of things I would like to clear up.
1- don't think Kwame would stay to play vfl reserves as thats one of the reasons he left willy. I assume he was told his not guaranteed a senior game or was he playing in their reserves during pre season games.
2- vfl reserves is a good standard of footy and at the better clubs like willy & box hill the majority of players would get a game with any metro or country teams. However some reserves teams probably do have some ordinary players..

It would be any interesting game of footy if willy reserves played deer park on a vfl sized ground. I reckon willy would be to quick..but it would be an interesting contest..

Let's be serious every single club in the WRFL would love the services of Kwame, given the option of being used up as a top up player or making great coin every single week would be very hard to refuse. Good luck to Deer Park I say.

Mate I don't think anyone is questioning his ability at local level.
If he was at Port he would be playing most weeks as they have seniors and reserves so the top up player is not relevant. Chances are they wouldn't let him play during byes and most years both there seniors and reserves have made finals.
The "top up" option is he was playing vfl for someone like Essendon, Richmond, Footsrcay etc..

Avondale playing Spotswood tomorrow at Avondale.
Should be a good contest but a few players missing due to inter league..

I hear Anthony Eames is an assistant coach at Avondale this year..

Kwame made up his own mind and he was not pressured by us to come back, he made up his mind based on the time commitment required to play VFL footy, as someone stated before its the reson he left Willy in the first place, if he was able to commit to the times and schedule of a VFL club like Port Melbourne he would of played Seniors at some point, we are rapt to have him back at Deer Park and the other thing that he missed was he his good mates playing at the club.

Good on him for giving it a go and having the maturity to understand what he could commit to and more importantly what he couldn't in terms of time, he does also run a business so i am sure that would of have had some bearing on his final decision

Kwame made up his own mind and he was not pressured by us to come back, he made up his mind based on the time commitment required to play VFL footy, as someone stated before its the reson he left Willy in the first place, if he was able to commit to the times and schedule of a VFL club like Port Melbourne he would of played Seniors at some point, we are rapt to have him back at Deer Park and the other thing that he missed was he his good mates playing at the club.

Good on him for giving it a go and having the maturity to understand what he could commit to and more importantly what he couldn't in terms of time, he does also run a business so i am sure that would of have had some bearing on his final decision

This is great for Deer Park and the WRFL as Kwame is a damn good player at local level.
So I assume Deer Park put some 2015 budget money aside knowing he was most likely coming back. I Know his on good coin so wouldn't be able to pull this sort of coin out at the last minute..
I hope you guys are banking some dollars and bringing some younger guys into the team as I have good mail that GA is moving on next year. Some of his group like Barling, Ayres, Shylo etc have moved on and next year Stewart and co could move on to their next chapter..

All the best for the season but don't think you need it as the Premieship cup is already engraved with Deer Park. Lol

This is great for Deer Park and the WRFL as Kwame is a damn good player at local level.
So I assume Deer Park put some 2015 budget money aside knowing he was most likely coming back. I Know his on good coin so wouldn't be able to pull this sort of coin out at the last minute..
I hope you guys are banking some dollars and bringing some younger guys into the team as I have good mail that GA is moving on next year. Some of his group like Barling, Ayres, Shylo etc have moved on and next year Stewart and co could move on to their next chapter..

All the best for the season but don't think you need it as the Premieship cup is already engraved with Deer Park. Lol

No space for complanecy as a club dont want to count our chickens before they hatch Turbo, we have some great younger players coming through the ranks in the Seniors this season and more exciting we believe we are going to have a very exciting group of under 18's this season, all the players you mentioned above are entitled to play anywhere they want its their call to play where they want and were great servants of the club. and would be welcome back at any point in the future.

You obviously know more than us at Deer Park if you think GA is going anywhere anytime soon....

No space for complanecy as a club dont want to count our chickens before they hatch Turbo, we have some great younger players coming through the ranks in the Seniors this season and more exciting we believe we are going to have a very exciting group of under 18's this season, all the players you mentioned above are entitled to play anywhere they want its their call to play where they want and were great servants of the club. and would be welcome back at any point in the future.

You obviously know more than us at Deer Park if you think GA is going anywhere anytime soon....

Cheers DP Lion,
That's great news about the younger players coming through.
If I'm correct you guys have invested time into "all" your junior grades over the last few years and building a future down there. Seems like the place has been turned around.
There is some competion with Burnside & Caroline Springs not to far away but the area of Deer Park needs a junior club as I'm sure there are kids around..

I think this is the standard for a lot of clubs to follow. I would be interested to hear if leagues ask clubs like yours for the model you used as it should be forwarded to other clubs that are in the position you were some years ago.
In the EDFL Marby did a similar thing where they were struggling for juniors now have a good junior base and really should be congratulated on this.
To many clubs only look at the seniors but forget where it all starts..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Avondale playing Spotswood tomorrow at Avondale.
Should be a good contest but a few players missing due to inter league..

I hear Anthony Eames is an assistant coach at Avondale this year..

My source told me at qrt time it was all Avondale Heights and Spotty looked very ordinary. Not sure who Spotty had out but Avondale had 5 playing interleague including Rose & Galea. Could Spotty struggle this year??

My source told me at qrt time it was all Avondale Heights and Spotty looked very ordinary. Not sure who Spotty had out but Avondale had 5 playing interleague including Rose & Galea. Could Spotty struggle this year??[/QUOTE]

The Comp will struggle while DP are as good as they are. Werribee could push DP a little and Spotty will still be a shitload better than the rest even though they have lost a fair few. Outside those 3 for Div 1 the depth of competition is deplorable.

Understand the situation. When Marby had the $$ in the EDFL the other clubs were still paying well so the gap difference in budgets was not as big in comparison to Deer Park vs the rest.
However in some of my other posts I will say Deer Park have been pro active in getting sponsors and keeping them. Yes GA has provided money but they have worked behind the scenes to my knowledge. Remember they have done it tough some years back when they spent a few years in div2. Also a lot of older ex players back involved..
This is the difference between Deer Park and Parkside as the situations are very similar but years apart.

I was there until half time. Spotty very ordinary in the first quarter. Slightly better in the second. Avondale Heights small players were destroying them. Reece Miles mst have had 3 or 4 goals at half time for AH.

Understand the situation. When Marby had the $$ in the EDFL the other clubs were still paying well so the gap difference in budgets was not as big in comparison to Deer Park vs the rest.
However in some of my other posts I will say Deer Park have been pro active in getting sponsors and keeping them. Yes GA has provided money but they have worked behind the scenes to my knowledge. Remember they have done it tough some years back when they spent a few years in div2. Also a lot of older ex players back involved..
This is the difference between Deer Park and Parkside as the situations are very similar but years apart.

I am not having a crack at Deer Park. Good Luck to them as the old saying goes you make your own luck. All I was saying is the state of the comp says Spotty could be a mere shadow of the side they once were and still be the best of a bad bunch. Werribee the exception.

90$ v 1000$=no brainier

I posted this on the NFL thread with regards to getting people back into footy clubs. Thought I would share my views.

Running footy clubs these days is a bloody tough gig even with a lot of helpers..
I know this is only a small thing but I mentioned on another league thread that I have noticed an increase in beer prices at local footy. Stubby of draught now $4:80. Now I always buy from the clubs but to me this is a bit steep. Does this encourage supporters to bring there own beer, sit on the boundary line and then leave straight after the game? Need to get them into the club and entice them to be involved.

Ideas - Throw on some free finger food at 6:30 so if people have kids they can eat something. Put the lights on so kids can kick a footy as that's what we used to do back in the day. Need to get families back into club footy..
Fri / Sat night $5 kids meals..

Anyway it's just a small thing I've picked up on in local footy in all leagues.

You think kwame is only on a $1000, ur kidding.. Would be closer to $1500

Yeah Bushman, your on the mark and maybe higher if you include his sign on. I don't wish to speculate but I have a fair idea.
I know your not saying anything negative but as a broad comment on money paid to players, I say if you have the money you have the right to spend it. But in the end he did preform well and give his all.. The worse thing is paying big money (or any money) to players who don't perform. That drives me mad!!

Have a good year mate and like your contributions on big footy.

Is there a procedure for clubs to loan players (clubs who have a surplus reserves players) to other clubs, for short periods (eg max of 4 games or could be just 1 game, I would make sure the player doesn't play against there own home club, and would not be able to play finals at there loaned club), this would be of benefit to both clubs and the player involved. It would be quite simple to organise the loaning of players, however the paperwork, maybe a little bit more involved.

I am unsure of how it work with clearances particularly after 01 July each year.

Clubs may not wish to loan players fearing they will lose those players, but if players aren't getting games they will move on at the end of the season most
likely.

I think there are more positives than negatives for all involved.

clubs will not do it. they would like the blokes who missed out on the reserves to so something on match day like run the water, team runner etc. Come mid year if you have a team of injured players so you be struggling yourself to fill a team.

clubs will not do it. they would like the blokes who missed out on the reserves to so something on match day like run the water, team runner etc. Come mid year if you have a team of injured players so you be struggling yourself to fill a team.

If you knew the players who were missing out you should try and get them across with a promise of a regular game. The club there at might not like it but if they were in the same position they would probably do it to. Can only ask as I would rather play footy than run water..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back