Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Parkside still hanging on or has the ship sailed?
Ship has sailed down the Maribyrnong doors will officially be closed on Monday if Big Bob doesn't agree to them going down to division 3.
Over 50 members attended meeting was good to see gordan casey,big jack endwarda,ace dalton,mark komp,macca macsweeny in attendance plenty had a say but issue is lack of players willing to play division 1 and no coach. Have lost 17 from last years flag,with some on 2 year contracts they are waiting for club to fold so they can move on.
Ben and Dave to meet wrfl over last couple of days to give league our options.

Ship has sailed down the Maribyrnong doors will officially be closed on Monday if Big Bob doesn't agree to them going down to division 3.
Over 50 members attended meeting was good to see gordan casey,big jack endwarda,ace dalton,mark komp,macca macsweeny in attendance plenty had a say but issue is lack of players willing to play division 1 and no coach. Have lost 17 from last years flag,with some on 2 year contracts they are waiting for club to fold so they can move on.

Sad news my friend..all the best..

So if Parkside can't survive what's the future hold for other sides in the area??

Awful news mate

Spent a few years in the EDFL good league good team

Went and watched Albion today left at 3 qt score was west Preston 178 to 17 looks like them and colts to fight out last spot

Haha best thing about big footy. w***ers who just make up lies... Was watching the same game and Albion did get defeated by a better side 4.13-37 to 17.15-127. But seemed like a very good hit out. #striaghtupliar. Lol

Haha best thing about big footy. ******s who just make up lies... Was watching the same game and Albion did get defeated by a better side 4.13-37 to 17.15-127. But seemed like a very good hit out. #striaghtupliar. Lol

Mate relax, the scores were pretty similar so no need to bag him.
Anyway maybe West Preston might go ok this year in the NFL and let's face it Albion might struggle. That's realality.. Let's keep this big footy forum going without abusing people..

Mate relax, the scores were pretty similar so no need to bag him.
Anyway maybe West Preston might go ok this year in the NFL and let's face it Albion might struggle. That's realality.. Let's keep this big footy forum going without abusing people..

Of we, good comp and they should be top 4, but Lol bag him? Just stating facs? Why bother blatantly lying for... 160 at 3qtr compared to 90 @ the end probably isn't quiet similar is it??

Of we, good comp and they should be top 4, but Lol bag him? Just stating facs? Why bother blatantly lying for... 160 at 3qtr compared to 90 @ the end probably isn't quiet similar is it??

Superfit,
How are the Albion boys looking anyway? Will they be competitive? Kelm is a big loss and have you picked up anyone to cover him..
If no one goes up for Parkside this would mean no-one will be relegated or are they going to have 2 teams less in 2016. If no one is getting relegated it's a smart move to play some kids and try and set up for 2016. GA might move on from Deer Park next year and you all back to normal..

Superfit,
How are the Albion boys looking anyway? Will they be competitive? Kelm is a big loss and have you picked up anyone to cover him..
If no one goes up for Parkside this would mean no-one will be relegated or are they going to have 2 teams less in 2016. If no one is getting relegated it's a smart move to play some kids and try and set up for 2016. GA might move on from Deer Park next year and you all back to normal..

Yeah mate, not to sure how there numbers are but looked like they had a lot of young kids 19-23 at a guess, in both the 2s and 1s so should be really fit n competitive. Obviously deer park make it hard for everyone but definitely seemed to have some quality footballers and batina up forward should straighten them up well.

Hopefully it should be a fairly competitive season all round in the WRFL... Well from spot 3 and down anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Parkside still hanging on or has the ship sailed?
The magpies have been granted there wish heading to divi 3 .
Before everyone gets on there high horse we have lost 17 players from last years flag and only 16 training last night a meeting will be held tommorow night 7pm at club rooms regarding moving forward.

The magpies have been granted there wish heading to divi 3 .
Before everyone gets on there high horse we have lost 17 players from last years flag and only 16 training last night a meeting will be held tommorow night 7pm at club rooms regarding moving forward.

Does this mean use will be fielding 2 sides or just a strong senior team?

I don't know how strong it will be.
Which players will realistically want to come back to play 3rd division.

Owe yeah probably not many however even if 7 players were to stick around who would have played div1 seniors this year then that would make them extremely strong div3 wouldn't it

Owe yeah probably not many however even if 7 players were to stick around who would have played div1 seniors this year then that would make them extremely strong div3 wouldn't it

If someone is up to div1 level then very much doubt they would consider, let alone play div3 standard..

I'm guessing they have some reserves players still wanting to play there and it's a way the club can stay afloat for 12mths. They will be hoping to rebuild for 2016. It's still not going to be an easy task to stay alive in 2016. They will need people helping help, sponsors, coach and a min of 25 new players..

If someone is up to div1 level then very much doubt they would consider, let alone play div3 standard..

I know of at least one player who had signed a 2 year deal with Parkside that wants to leave and was waiting for the club to fold to be able to be cleared to his next club without any problems

With Parkside in their current situation will they play hardball with these guys as I'm sure there will be a few and their new clubs??

I know of at least one player who had signed a 2 year deal with Parkside that wants to leave and was waiting for the club to fold to be able to be cleared to his next club without any problems

With Parkside in their current situation will they play hardball with these guys as I'm sure there will be a few and their new clubs??

I'm guessing they would be able to get a clearance to any WRFL div1 & div2 club (being higher) and other leagues.
They could use the argument of my club was about to fold and I've been training at club XX and I wish to be cleared on the basis.

Also I would think the WRFL would have requested the names of players that have committed to Parkside playing div3. They would need assurances they have a side (and coach) otherwise it would be embarrassing if they go into div3 then struggle for numbers or fold during the season..

Deer park lost to kyneton by 20 points today, apparantly half a twos outfit, hope so they looked short, and ran off there feet. Great Game still.

Deer park lost to kyneton by 20 points today, apparantly half a twos outfit, hope so they looked short, and ran off there feet. Great Game still.

Raginardon

It was a great game and we have to pay respect to Kyneton they played well and was very hard at the contest, the game was played in great conditions and I think we are honestyly a little light on for size on the day and maybe a little under done as opposed to 12 months ago, I know speaking to Kyneton they were very impressed with our efforts considering it was our first hit out and the amount of players missing the game, bit harsh to say we were run off our feet and they kicked the last 4 goals of the game and we lead most of the day but well done to Kyneton and thanks to all the supporters from both sides that went to watch the game

Welcome back to Deer Park Kwame McHarg we are really happy to have you back at the Parkers, I am sure you will be better for the pre season at Port Melbourne, number 29 is looking for a big year......

Does this need an official announcement ??? Sure the rest of the competition are thrilled.

He gets a clearance to the VFL which would say he has been listed at Port and now he is back playing in a declining Suburban Football Competition o_O For what End :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back