Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Bench signed at Albion for 2016. Great to see him stay at his home club. Now Josh is a gun player and if they have can recruit a few others Josh will be a handful for opposition sides. Rumours they have Kelm back so that's another great get.

No that's incorrect once they play ones they are three points if under 40 Jnr games
I think your incorrect there as all the under 19 sides are affliated with the senior club at 17 they would be under 19s at 18 they would be under 19s and by 19 they would be 1 point? 3 years severed at the club decreasing 1 point every year severed?

I think your incorrect there as all the under 19 sides are affliated with the senior club at 17 they would be under 19s at 18 they would be under 19s and by 19 they would be 1 point? 3 years severed at the club decreasing 1 point every year severed?
Not if they come across as a top age player but if clubs need to contract players at under19 level then I guess it's the times where in

I know this is a footy forum but see Travis Dean (Werribee Districts) made 81not out for Victoria on debut. Hope he gets his 100.
Now Travis is a gun cricketer who hopefully plays for Aust one day, as has the ability to go this far. I know it's a big call but even at 13-14 (and maybe younger) he was always going to go far. Very well mannered, respectful kid from a good cricketing family.

I know this is a footy forum but see Travis Dean (Werribee Districts) made 81not out for Victoria on debut. Hope he gets his 100.
Now Travis is a gun cricketer who hopefully plays for Aust one day, as has the ability to go this far. I know it's a big call but even at 13-14 (and maybe younger) he was always going to go far. Very well mannered, respectful kid from a good cricketing family.
First shield cricketer in history to make two centuries on debut, what an absolute gun. Brother won the Wrfl medal last year I would rate these boys as one of the most talented families in the west if not the best.

Albion have signed Kelm, Bench, both Taylor brothers and Jeremy Mills (apparently came third in league bnf for north Bendigo - not sure if true?).. Some really great signings there.

With these 5 gun recruits and having only lost one player, would like everyone's thoughts on where the Cats will be next year?
Mills a very good pick up, will go well, hard at it type.
Good lift for Albion

Albion have signed Kelm, Bench, both Taylor brothers and Jeremy Mills (apparently came third in league bnf for north Bendigo - not sure if true?).. Some really great signings there.

With these 5 gun recruits and having only lost one player, would like everyone's thoughts on where the Cats will be next year?

Albion are coming from a long way back from 2015 season, looks like the list improved so will win a lot more games in 2016, may push for finals

I see DP have added some more players to their list. Jason Kennedy from Heidelberg can seriously play and will dominate across half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see DP have added some more players to their list. Jason Kennedy from Heidelberg can seriously play and will dominate across half back.

Your joking , moneybags strikes again...My spies tell me he is after Warnock from Carlton as lives with Ryan Houlihan.Shannon Bynres signed as well there.Seems the point system doesn't work they will still dominate.

Why would DP move to another league??
They might get some competition then and that would go against the egos down there.
A lot of people down there at the moment with a strut and big mouths that were not sighted 5-6 years ago, let's see how many are still on board once the money man moves on
He won't stay after this season, McGoldrick said once they win 4 senior division flags in a row he doesn't care what happens.. Good president

League been a shambles for years Deer Park spending heaps to win a $100 drinking cup why would clubs waste money trying to compete
Wrfl cannot fix problem AFL vic can drop points to 40 and see how they go My prediction deer park to win flag by more this year than last

yep deer park for mine again

Deer Park can't keep winning it, eventually they will be beaten! Byrnes and Fev are great pickups but how many players does DP have coming through their 18s/reserves?? Their reserves team struggled this year which shows a sign of weakness.. How many home grown players in their premiership..? Stewart, Bullen, Summers and co aren't getting any younger and with a bad luck of injuries at the wrong time of year who knows - the best list doesn't always the flag!! If clubs give up then the league will definitely be a shambles! I think people need to stop sooking and start making changes within their clubs to have a crack!!

Last edited:
The friends and family of former West Footscray player Lucas "Chickie" Mcghie are holding a fundraiser at Spotswood football club on Sunday 29th November starting at 12.00 as he fights his battle with Stage Four Hodgkins Lymphoma. If anyone is interested in helping and also having a good day out, tickets are $50 for three hours of beer, wine and soft drink. There are also raffles and auctions including a trip to Bali for four people. Contact Jeremy Bond on 0420772129, Callum Urch on 0418750447, Anders Welsh on 0458131366 or Kalon McGhie on 0401848330. Please also spread the word around if you can. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back