Western Region Football League team (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Region Football League team

cold pies said:
i didn't play when we played them i was injured but it's no secret that zavalas ans juegen are their main two play makers, also taleb has been very good for a long time and ravalli can really hurt you if you give him space, up forward obviously pat davis and jimmy condos are important players for them

Fairly obvious names, maybe WRFLfan or the ROCK can give me some match ups. I played with Juegan a few years back at willy and the boy can play, I was pretty good mates with him back then. I wouldn't be supprised if he was a chance for the comp b&f, he has been Parksides best all year so far.

bronco27 said:
hey travvy you say in one line lets move on and then four lines down the track you bring up the same old s hit who gives a f uck which league is better this site is about wrfl so lets keep it at that if you want to talk up each others league start up a new thread so you can argue to your blue in the face it's not going to change what the other bloke thinks cheers.
p.s. I notice a few sunshine players at colts v's st albans game was that the coaches idea or was it just a couple of mates who did there own thing.
Having a massive issue when you bag his precsious GV, your a registered WRFL player now so it doesnt matter get on with that mate and like Cold Pies said chin up

sunline 11 said:
Fairly obvious names, maybe WRFLfan or the ROCK can give me some match ups. I played with Juegan a few years back at willy and the boy can play, I was pretty good mates with him back then. I wouldn't be supprised if he was a chance for the comp b&f, he has been Parksides best all year so far.

you guys are the top side shouldn't they be matching up you guys, haven't seen a hoppers v parks game but the rumour has they always target a hoppers player physically ie paul carson in round 5, is this true or just innuendo, also heard from a source that some phone calls had been made to the footy club regarding this weeks game can you confirm or deny this

WRFLfan said:
Having a massive issue when you bag his precsious GV, your a registered WRFL player now so it doesnt matter get on with that mate and like Cold Pies said chin up

good point fanman, if you love the comp so much go play in it

cold pies said:
you guys are the top side shouldn't they be matching up you guys, haven't seen a hoppers v parks game but the rumour has they always target a hoppers player physically ie paul carson in round 5, is this true or just innuendo, also heard from a source that some phone calls had been made to the footy club regarding this weeks game can you confirm or deny this

We are on top, but remember we got beat fairly convincingly last time we met, therefor we will be matching them up. I wouldn't say Sav targeted P.Carson in rd5, it was just a hip and shoulder that was a little late. Parkside are a tough side, there's no denying them of that, I can tell you there's nothing more I enjoy than a tough game. On the phone call thing please elaberate?:confused: I've got know idea what you are talking about.

sunline 11 said:
We are on top, but remember we got beat fairly convincingly last time we met, therefor we will be matching them up. I wouldn't say Sav targeted P.Carson in rd5, it was just a hip and shoulder that was a little late. Parkside are a tough side, there's no denying them of that, I can tell you there's nothing more I enjoy than a tough game. On the phone call thing please elaberate?:confused: I've got know idea what you are talking about.

Apparently Condos and Davis just stand still and get the boys up the ground to bomb it up to the them. Not much movement in their forward 50 by all reports from the boys who went and had a look on the weekend. As soon as no.44 went onto Condos, Condos didn't kick a goal. A pity he already had 13 up until 3 quarter time. You should be right to play on him Sun?

sunline 11 said:

i heard from a source of mine that some phone calls had been made to the hoppers footy club suggesting p carson would be receiving similar treatment this week, like i said i never seen you play each other so i don't know what happened last but if these alleged phone calls did take place surely it's just a tactic to throw off, also would have to be individuals acting outside the club guidelines

this is good boys. People are obviously struggling for talking points (league comparisons), talk about re-inventing the wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one, div one players, who would be the Div two equivalent.

Here are a few to consider:
Davis (Parkside)- Rozenweig (Orden)
Condos (Parkside)- Gretto (Heights)
Massis (Colts)- Cavanagh (Albanvale)
Taylor (Hoppers)- Curmi (Albanvale)
Arena (St Albans)- Williams (Nth Footscray)
Rock07 (colts)- Lane (West Foots)

i am not saying these blokes are in the same class, but do these div 2 blokes play in their division like how the div one blokes play in theirs??

Any thoughts obe???

sunline who will you play on this week do you know yet, also one other player to watch out for is dorward he is a good player for them
sorry you weren't happy with the fairly obvious names i threw up before but they play through their better players

Travvy43 said:
this is good boys. People are obviously struggling for talking points (league comparisons), talk about re-inventing the wheel.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one, div one players, who would be the Div two equivalent.

Here are a few to consider:
Davis (Parkside)- Rozenweig (Orden)
Condos (Parkside)- Gretto (Heights)
Massis (Colts)- Cavanagh (Albanvale)
Taylor (Hoppers)- Curmi (Albanvale)
Arena (St Albans)- Williams (Nth Footscray)
Rock07 (colts)- Lane (West Foots)

i am not saying these blokes are in the same class, but do these div 2 blokes play in their division like how the div one blokes play in theirs??

Any thoughts obe???

nice try on starting a new topic but this is a shocker:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

This to the Rock07
[Well said, would have to totally agree with the bit about why we train and touching the ball on a Sat, its all of ours goal to get as many kicks and etc as you can while being a team player.
With the bit about your players having a crack as well as doing a job you have done this constently and always have faith in your players and leave match ups even if they get beat a little bit you show faith and leave them there and large % of the time your player repays your trust and rewards you, its a great aspect to you coaching and very gusty by you and Johnny Ellis

Skut17 said:
Apparently Condos and Davis just stand still and get the boys up the ground to bomb it up to the them. Not much movement in their forward 50 by all reports from the boys who went and had a look on the weekend. As soon as no.44 went onto Condos, Condos didn't kick a goal. A pity he already had 13 up until 3 quarter time. You should be right to play on him Sun?

I think they're doing that because they're not 100% fit, Scary thought with condos kicking 13 on 1 leg. If he's on 1 leg I should be rite to play on him.

chopsewie said:
Well done mate three out of twenty must have been hard to get a game that year mate i think you understand what im talking about 35 25 15 its all the same champ a flogging and in 04 oand m vs gv i was in the oand m side and broke my hand the week before after smashing someone to the likes of duckgoose that was when it started turning around because the oand m had such a rivalry with the gv i know the gv is good footy its just different footy very free flowing where metro is a little harder no stats here mate im to busy some of us study history where blokes like myself create it
Love that sh it love the history one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sunline 11 said:
I think they're doing that because they're not 100% fit, Scary thought with condos kicking 13 on 1 leg. If he's on 1 leg I should be rite to play on him.

good player condos but lets not forget where yarraville are on the ladder either

cold pies said:
i heard from a source of mine that some phone calls had been made to the hoppers footy club suggesting p carson would be receiving similar treatment this week, like i said i never seen you play each other so i don't know what happened last but if these alleged phone calls did take place surely it's just a tactic to throw off, also would have to be individuals acting outside the club guidelines

I haven't heard of any phone calls, but if there was one I'd say it would be from an ex player who is mates with the boys, just sh1t stiring.

cold pies said:
sunline who will you play on this week do you know yet, also one other player to watch out for is dorward he is a good player for them
sorry you weren't happy with the fairly obvious names i threw up before but they play through their better players

Fair call they do play through their obvious name's. Don't know yet cold pies, I played on Cook last start.

sunline 11 said:
I haven't heard of any phone calls, but if there was one I'd say it would be from an ex player who is mates with the boys, just sh1t stiring.

massive game this one, if hoppers win sunshine could take 3rd spot then play parks a week later that would interesting, if hoppers lose they would lose top spot then play colts the week after
round 16 will be a huge round of footy will finalise all positions just about

sunline 11 said:
I like what you've done there Travvy43, you must have just as much time on your hands as me!.

Just want to take a like at a season deffining round. Round 16 is the one that will more than likely shape the top 5. An absolute cracker of a round.

PARKSIDE V SUNSHINE (battle for double chance, top 3)
COLTS V HOPPERS (battle for top spot, no 1)
SPOTTY V STALBANS (battle for 5th place)
ALBION V YARRAVILLE (yarraville must win to not finish on botom of the ladder, as altona has the automatic 4 points).
ALTONA BYE

What are people's thought's.

Yes big round cold pies, This is what i came up with last week.

sunline 11 said:
Yes big round cold pies, This is what i came up with last week.
Heres are some question l thought would be intresting to get peoples answers:

Who will the flag;
Who will it be against;
Herb Pascall winner;
Who will win the Priest;
Who will win the goal kicking;
Team you hate the most;
Player most capable of turning a game;
Hardest opponent;
Player you would like at your club;

And throw up any other questions you think would make intresting reading, l know Travvy would have some

Who will the flag; Port Colts
Who will it be against; Sunshine
Herb Pascall winner; Jullier
Who will win the Priest; Juegan, Jullier, Rusty Douglas
Who will win the goal kicking; Clarke in a canter
Team you hate the most; Spotty
Player most capable of turning a game; Seb Arena has still got it, and of course Winters
Hardest opponent; Cook from Parkside, Keenan Spotty
Player you would like at your club; Juegan, absolute gun!
Toughest player; Zavalas, Ben Davis, Massis, Dell
Team most likely to have an impact next year; Altona have improved all year

13-CABS said:
Who will the flag; Port Colts
Who will it be against; Sunshine
Herb Pascall winner; Jullier
Who will win the Priest; Juegan, Jullier, Rusty Douglas
Who will win the goal kicking; Clarke in a canter
Player most capable of turning a game; Seb Arena has still got it, and of course Winters
Hardest opponent; Cook from Parkside, Keenan Spotty
Player you would like at your club; Juegan, absolute gun!
Toughest player; Zavalas, Ben Davis, Massis, Dell
Team most likely to have an impact next year; Altona have improved all year
You blokes rate that Rusty pretty highly is he hard at it or does he just get a stack of touches or both
Seb Arena good footballer but a bit over rated plays better as forward

WRFLfan said:
Heres are some question l thought would be intresting to get peoples answers:

Who will win the flag; HOPPERS
Who will it be against; COLTS
Herb Pascall winner; D. CARSON
Who will win the Priest; NATHAN JUEGAN
Who will win the goal kicking; ROCK
Team you hate the most; HATE IS A STRONG WORD
Player most capable of turning a game; CAMALERI
Hardest opponent; ROCK
Player you would like at your club; NATHAN JUEGAN

I like it fanman.

Who will the flag; Colts
Who will it be against; Parkside
Herb Pascall winner; Twoomey
Who will win the Priest; Jullier
Who will win the goal kicking; Clarke
Player most capable of turning a game; Cook
Hardest opponent; Don't play this year, but I reckon JD from Parkside (previous experiences)
Player you would like at your club; Jullier

Jullier is a gun. Best ruckman in the comp by a country mile.

cmat26 said:
Who will the flag; Colts
Who will it be against; Hoppers
Herb Pascall winner; Julier/Massis
Team you hate the most; Hoppers
Player most capable of turning a game;I know its early but Caddy would have take that honour
Hardest opponent; Taylor (Hoppers)is hard at it /Taleb always a battle
Player you would like at your club; Fitzpatrick the younger one good CHB

Julier very hard worker and when watching him play you can tell he has a basketball background

WRFLfan said:
cmat26 said:
Who will the flag; Colts
Who will it be against; Hoppers
Herb Pascall winner; Julier/Massis
Team you hate the most; Hoppers
Player most capable of turning a game;I know its early but Caddy would have take that honour
Hardest opponent; Taylor (Hoppers)is hard at it /Taleb always a battle
Player you would like at your club; Fitzpatrick the younger one good CHB

Julier very hard worker and when watching him play you can tell he has a basketball background
Maybe Sunline 11 you could start us off with a team of the year now everyone has seen all the teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back