What are dead giveaways that you won't like someone

Remove this Banner Ad

For me, a bloke who doesn't like a single sport (Motorsports don't care and probably make me even less interested. Shocking s**t). Or maybe even people who only like a sport like tennis, which is great fun and entertaining to watch when it's a cracker, and I like the game, but only liking tennis and not another team sport... odd. All the biggest things in life can be attributed to sport; emotions, relationships, finding out what kind of person you are... you learn all of that as a kid in Auskick after having to talk to kids you've never met before, at U14s when you're getting flogged every weekend... It teaches you things. Important things.

And I always wonder what they did on Saturdays as kids. I felt extremely guilty not playing footy in year 12 and staying at home on a sunny or piss-cold Saturday. I just felt like a slob. How could your dad not kick you up the arse and tell you to go outside and get some exercise? Even if you're s**t, it's still a good thing to do.

Furthermore, young men who can't drop punt.

This is a serious epidemic. They'll know their footy, they'll be genuine fans and good dudes. You have a kick and you see it: they're not using the classic, up-and-down Tony Lockett hold. "Maybe they're like Jack Gunston?" you hope. Nup. They don't get a nice spin, you're chasing after every ball, and "sorry" becomes as heard as the sound of shoe-on-leather. They had a dad. Where was he?! How can you literally not drop punt?! I reckon it'd be a very cool thing to be a dad and take your boy for a kick whenever you could... I still remember all the parks and drives me and my dad went to and took, him making sure I kicked as much on my left as my right, and they were good times. You can have a chat, have a laugh, talk s**t, and learn to kick the footy.

I seriously think only half of the population of 15-30 year olds who enjoy football actually have the simple skill of a simple drop punt.

Don't get me started on the unco handball too. I'm not Sam Mitchell, not even Luke Hodge is Sam Mitchell, but come on. Embarrassing for all concerned.
Where they kick it and it always *in' spins forward.
2376588-1954620420-bunk..gif

Until I briefly dated someone who actually had celiac disease about four years ago, I'd genuinely never heard of "gluten intolerance". Similar to what that article says, suddenly though it seems like every second person has some sort of food allergy or special dietary requirement these days. Millions of people have been eating food that includes wheat for hundreds of years, but suddenly a disproportionately large number of them think they're allergic or it's bad for them. I'd like to see how many of them have actually had it pinpointed and determined by a doctor that they actually have an allergy to wheat.

There is something that is misdiagnosed (typically mis-self-diagnosed) for gluten intolerance, but I forget what it is. But yeah people need to HTFU. How many kids when you went to school had allergies? I remember the odd bee allergy, maybe one or two who couldn't eat peanuts. I reckon every second kid these days would be "allergic" to something.

I LOL at the people who blindly blame carbs for societal obesity. Pasta, bread etc. have been staples for generations yet we're suddenly a bunch of lardos. Sure, that's the cause...

All their conversation resolve around "mates" of theirs and all the mad s**t they've done

I've started first year uni this year and have just kinda found a new friendship group. But I've noticed I do that a little bit when I refer to mates from high school and I feel like a bit of a knob when I do that, I think it's something I need to actively stop doing in conversation. I'm not necessarily saying 'oh a mate and i did this sick thing on the weekend' but its just general references to things that have happened.

Don't get me started on the unco handball too. I'm not Sam Mitchell, not even Luke Hodge is Sam Mitchell, but come on. Embarrassing for all concerned.
I remember one night before the Grand Final sitting in peak hour traffic along Spencer St watching two guys attempt to handball to each other. It was so frustrating watching them fail at it that I almost got out of my car and walked across the road to show them how to do it properly.

Furthermore, young men who can't drop punt.

This is a serious epidemic. They'll know their footy, they'll be genuine fans and good dudes. You have a kick and you see it: they're not using the classic, up-and-down Tony Lockett hold. "Maybe they're like Jack Gunston?" you hope. Nup. They don't get a nice spin, you're chasing after every ball, and "sorry" becomes as heard as the sound of shoe-on-leather. They had a dad. Where was he?! How can you literally not drop punt?! I reckon it'd be a very cool thing to be a dad and take your boy for a kick whenever you could... I still remember all the parks and drives me and my dad went to and took, him making sure I kicked as much on my left as my right, and they were good times. You can have a chat, have a laugh, talk s**t, and learn to kick the footy.

I seriously think only half of the population of 15-30 year olds who enjoy football actually have the simple skill of a simple drop punt.

So you mean rugby players?

Not liking someone for having low self-confidence is a bit bizarre. It's usually something totally out of their control, usually through genuine circumstances where you should be empathetic. I don't know anyone who's had everything go right voluntarily decide they want to hunch their back, mumble, not talk to girls, and be scared of conversation. Whether it's being overweight as a kid or having parents who never said you were any good, there's always a valid reason why someone doesn't feel good in who they are.

Contrastingly, people who leeched off this were some of the worst campaigners I ever knew. They'd pick on them as easy targets. Almost always, they turned out to be the most bland, dumb, untalented people I knew and know. And quite often used this lack of any specialty to push themselves over people who had s**t self-confidence.

In some ways, having no self-confidence is a pretty debilitating thing. Its effects on your social life, meeting girls, doing well at uni or a job, it's genuinely massive. It can creep into everything and stunt you. It's a bit like saying you won't like someone who has depression because they're never up for much.

Agree on the clothes though. I personally find it most bizarre at uni. Sure, if you're studying sports science you're allowed to dress like a phys ed teacher in the uncool New Balances and shorts in August. But when you're doing something seemingly 'artistic' (their words, not mine...) then shouldn't curating your outfit be a part of that? There's nothing vain or dumb about that at all, either. I just find it a bit weird.

People who post complete s**t

I remember one night before the Grand Final sitting in peak hour traffic along Spencer St watching two guys attempt to handball to each other. It was so frustrating watching them fail at it that I almost got out of my car and walked across the road to show them how to do it properly.

'Things in life you just don't understand' thread.

Seriously how hard is handballing and kicking? I freely admit my footy skills are a bit more John Butcher than they are Gary Ablett but aren't handballing and kicking just things you learn when you're in primary school?

If you can't stand 20-30m away from someone and exchange drop punts back and forth you need to hand back one of Dr Cox's man cards.

LOL.

Do you still give your team a standing ovation when they lose finals?
Don't worry, I probably feel more embarrassed about that then any other fan. The fact Freo fans still think we'll win the flag in 2015 is on the same tier of doe-eyed optimism. Then again, considering supporters do a Mexican Wave when we reach a Grand Final, maybe that's a good thing...

No they just leave the stadium before the final siren goes.
Hmm yeah. Eagles supporters actually know Fremantle supporters. And of all the faults Freo has, this really isn't one of them. Then again, you use this forum to boost your ego via online flirting, so I shouldn't expect much from ya

I forgot, Eagles supporters.

Boring, right wing, obsessed with money, generally douchebags... shittest club and supporters in Australian sport

That's pretty much how the whole country views Perth in general.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who is pettyand will pull peopleup on the slightest of sh&*. Not talking about a reasonable request or arguing a point but those who nit pick because they get some joy out of it or want to assert their dominance over some bull&* social hieracrchy

I forgot, Eagles supporters.

Boring, right wing, obsessed with money, generally douchebags... shittest club and supporters in Australian sport

I understand buddy, I'd be angry too if my team wore purple and still had a vacant trophy cabinet almost 10 years after entering the comp

Last edited:
'Things in life you just don't understand' thread.

Seriously how hard is handballing and kicking? I freely admit my footy skills are a bit more John Butcher than they are Gary Ablett but aren't handballing and kicking just things you learn when you're in primary school?

If you can't stand 20-30m away from someone and exchange drop punts back and forth you need to hand back one of Dr Cox's man cards.

Id like to ask these same questions to Zac Dawson one day

Those people who talk loudly (borderline yell) when they're just trying to get their point across - I can hear you dickhead.

Women that don't understand we don't give a f*** about the event we've been dragged too and we just want to check the SuperCoach/Footy scores on our phone every few minutes.

-"Hi I'm a vegan"
- Going on a contiki tour of Europe somehow makes them educated about history, culture etc...
- People, who when you are talking to them, are only thinking about what they are going to say next
- People overly attached to their mobile phones

-"Hi I'm a vegan"
- Going on a contiki tour of Europe somehow makes them educated about history, culture etc...
- People, who when you are talking to them, are only thinking about what they are going to say next
- People overly attached to their mobile phones

that is like 70% of the population............particularly annoying when they walk straight at you whilst staring at their screen.

So I was good mates with this guy at uni. Over time we lost contact, as you do. I ran into him in the street a few months back, the first time I'd seen him in ten years. The conversation started the usual way: "G'day mate, how are you going? What have you been up to?"

Within 30 seconds of the conversation starting he managed to "casually" bring up the fact that he owned a ferrari. Wanka.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back