What are dead giveaways that you won't like someone

Remove this Banner Ad

'Things in life you just don't understand' thread.

Seriously how hard is handballing and kicking? I freely admit my footy skills are a bit more John Butcher than they are Gary Ablett but aren't handballing and kicking just things you learn when you're in primary school?

If you can't stand 20-30m away from someone and exchange drop punts back and forth you need to hand back one of Dr Cox's man cards.

There are guys that get paid to play footy who can't kick and handball.

I'm in my mid-20s, and I had a kick of the footy with a mate recently for the first time since primary school. I'd literally not touched a football in about 13-14 years until recently. Most of my kicks went about 30-35m at absolute most, and about 15m sideways from their intended target. I can't kick anything apart from a wonky tumble punt to save myself. I played basketball and did athletics all through my teens, and spent my lunchtimes at high school playing basketball mainly.

If kicking the footy isn't something you still do regularly, there's no shame in being a poor kick IMO. Same could be said of any skill really. If you don't regularly practice it, it's pretty easy for it to deteriorate, especially if you weren't particularly good at it in the first place.

I'm in my mid-20s, and I had a kick of the footy with a mate recently for the first time since primary school. I'd literally not touched a football in about 13-14 years until recently. Most of my kicks went about 30-35m at absolute most, and about 15m sideways from their intended target. I can't kick anything apart from a wonky tumble punt to save myself. I played basketball and did athletics all through my teens, and spent my lunchtimes at high school playing basketball mainly.

If kicking the footy isn't something you still do regularly, there's no shame in being a poor kick IMO. Same could be said of any skill really. If you don't regularly practice it, it's pretty easy for it to deteriorate, especially if you weren't particularly good at it in the first place.

You should still be able to kick a drop punt, form wise. Even if you kick it backwards over your head.

The people who meet and for whatever reason you instantly know they think they are better than you. The amount of thick'eads I have met where that is that undeniable sense that said idiot thinks he's higher than me on some sort of imaginary social ladder is quite high.

Then there's a cool crowd. Great mate, you're young, good looking, you have this whole cool image thing going on and I can see your whole life is about trying hard to be cool and impressing others. It doesn't impress me and I don't wish I was you. I give you the respect and keep my body language in check as to not show my indifference towards you, so please don't ooze your imaginary superior complex in my presence.

I have a mate who was mates with an NRL player. When I met this guy his body language was appalling. Talked down to me and was generally dismissive. Said meat head is now in jail.

Deal Breakers

- Religious people
- Body builder types
- Dumb arses
- The working class
- vanilla types who think they are in the know but their favourite band is U2, favourite TV show is CSI etc. They just go in for all the generic stuff and have no clue there's a world of quality underneath the surface.

All those demographics, just **** off away from me.

Deal Breakers

- Religious people
- Body builder types
- Dumb arses
- The working class
- vanilla types who think they are in the know but their favourite band is U2, favourite TV show is CSI etc. They just go in for all the generic stuff and have no clue there's a world of quality underneath the surface.

All those demographics, just **** off away from me.
The people who meet and for whatever reason you instantly know they think they are better than you. The amount of thick'eads I have met where that is that undeniable sense that said idiot thinks he's higher than me on some sort of imaginary social ladder is quite high.
:rolleyes: There's a little bit if cognitive dissonance going on here methinks.

Because I've never really played footy beyond an occasional lunchtime kick in primary school? Not that hard to understand I wouldn't have thought...

This is like reading algebra multiplied by hieroglyphics. I don't even

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:rolleyes: There's a little bit if cognitive dissonance going on here methinks.
When I say working class I mean people with a chip on the shoulders. An attitude rather than anyone who grew up in a s**t suburb with not much money.

When I say working class I mean people with a chip on the shoulders. An attitude rather than anyone who grew up in a s**t suburb with not much money.

Why wouldn't working people who are still poor have a chip on their shoulders?

Isn't a job meant to be a ticket out of poverty?

They know nothing about football (soccer) but love telling me how crap the game is and how it's a non contact sport for pussys. Usually whilst drinking a beam and coke.

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.:D

Anyone who has ever started a soapbox rant with "As a parent..."
**** yeah, this. What annoys me is when there's a case of child neglect, pedophilia etc and they start communicating their outrage with this, like because you aren't a parent you can't be as outraged as they are.

*inb4 you'll understand when you have kids
Agree with all of this, just because you've managed to have unprotected sex doesn't mean your opinion is any more valid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back