Universal Love What to think about now footy has gone..

Remove this Banner Ad

Then what?
Hopefully with that sort of money, we would have invested some of it in agriculture, water, power and education so that they learn to become self sufficient.

We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.
Mao Zedong
“Don't give a child a fish but show him how to fish”
Mao Tse-tung

And how do you get that money to those who need it? Some of the world's poorer countries have governments that are completely corrupt (or no genuine government at all). A lot more than just money is required to fix poverty.

I think part of the solution lies in the rich countries investing in technologies that can assist the poor countries. Bill Gates's foundation spends a great deal on developing cheaper malaria medications etc.

And how do you get that money to those who need it? Some of the world's poorer countries have governments that are completely corrupt (or no genuine government at all). A lot more than just money is required to fix poverty.

I think part of the solution lies in the rich countries investing in technologies that can assist the poor countries. Bill Gates's foundation spends a great deal on developing cheaper malaria medications etc.

I'd be happy for all those billionaires to take their $$$ to the poorest countries and dish it out themselves. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak. The poor get the $$$ and the rich get to see how much their %$#& stinks:confused:

correct, but those billionaires deserve to be billionaires.
Donald Trump?
Seriously.
The fact he is a legitimate chance for President is absolute proof that the Illuminati are trolling middle America, that middle America is not as educated as they like to think and that "Sydney" is the wanna be ***** capital of the world.

World poverty has dropped to a level where “only” 700 million people are below the extreme poverty line of $1-90 a day.

http://cnnphilippines.com/business/...elow-10-percent-2015-world-bank-forecast.html

This means that this list of top 100 billionaires...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewi...-of-the-500-richest-people-in-the-world-2015/

could keep the first list of 700 million people fed and housed for at least the next 3 years…..

and we’d still have at least 1500 billionaires left on the planet….

So much wealth transferred to so few over the past 20 years. It's pure evil.

As for the Vatican, Anthony Quinn decided to sell off the Vatican treasures when he was pope.:thumbsu:

I'm thinking about a lot of things: trade week, next season, poets long dead, Himself's retirement, next year's holiday to Ireland, Spain and Turkey, a new sofa (no one here was any help whatsoever - you know who you are), Swanny and the bikies (maybe), Nathan's peace of mind, the fact that the world is a terrible state of chassis, and I can't do very much about it :(, and all the things I should be doing but don't.

Interesting thread.

Seeing your avatar reminds me of the delight of watching all Clint's movies again.
Gran Torino for the Win Snag.
He even sings at at the end....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

correct, but those billionaires deserve to be billionaires.

you make a good point. I'll have to reconsider.... how about if we exterminate the 700 million ...solve the problem and give the money saved on feeding those losers to millionaires so that they can become billionaires?

For A Few Dollars More will always be my favorite but Gran Torino is spot on as well!
Unforgiven is a great movie too.
Not many bad movies out there with Chuck Ripplejaw in em.

Hopefully with that sort of money, we would have invested some of it in agriculture, water, power and education so that they learn to become self sufficient.

We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.
Mao Zedong
Mao Tse-tung

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he yells GET THE %^$# OUT OF MY FISHING HOLE!!!

Mao Zedong
Mao Tse-tung
People have been talking this way for years (invest in infrastructure etc).
How many hundreds of millions have been invested over the past 30-40 years...where does it all go?
Greedy businessmen & corrupt Govenments skim off the top. The trickle down never seems to work.
Sometimes a basket case is a basket case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back