When do I stop being angry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year was heart-breaking and this year is worse.

The cumulative disappointment of the s**t we have served up against *, Collingwood, GC, Geelong, Adelaide, Brisbane and Carlton (especially * and the last two) has got me to the point where I don't want to discuss, read or hear about my football team.

I have stayed away from this board and the football press/media since last Friday's horror as I just don't feel like participating in the discussion any more. Hope it changes soon, but it's going to take a bit to get past the trauma. It took wins against Freo and Sydney to get me over the * loss.

I am still angry. But more than that, I'm beleaguered. How much topsy turvy can we take?

I know the AFL's stated aim is 'uncertainty of outcomes' And if that is the case, then North Melbourne is the greatest football team in the history of the AFL/VFL. Because neither me, Nostradamus or the all seeing, all knowing Illuminati Eye have any idea what they will dish up; not only across matches, but also within them and within passages of play. I graphed each individual player's performances across the season and quarter by quarter. It looks like the Himalayas. It's all enough to jangle the most even tempered supporters nerves (i.e. mine)

I got the email this week from the club advertising the Syd Barker. I know it's a noreply email address, but I replied with one sentence. "I'll turn up when the team do"

Good thing we've got two weeks to stew on it! Give us more time to fire up for Geelong. But I've already loaded up with £5000 on GWS in Round 20. They say money can't buy you love. But my £50000 collect will buy me the 'Eternal Sunshine' therapy I need to forget this bipolar cocktease of a season.

So yes. Still angry.
I'm dreading the GWS game was to be the only game I would get to see live this year....my instinct tells me not to attend as I cant afford the time locked up in a Canberra slammer.

The mental fragility of this group is staggering.

Yep. Makes you want to head down to Arden Street with a table and these.

Shell-Game-FEATURED.jpg

I've probably stopped being angry. I'm hoping that either this year or next, Brad and the team prove doubters like myself wrong, and start to consistently play to their potential; that every player in every game plays like the jumper means something to them. However, if this doesn't happen, and the same old mistakes continue to be made, and the same old tired lines continue to be trotted out, then I will be very angry.

When we start playing consistently just like Hawthorn did tonight.

When we start playing consistently just like Hawthorn did tonight.

Consistent message :)

Gee the hawks ground out a win when they could have turned up their toes.

I want to see North play like that.

Consistent message :)

Gee the hawks ground out a win when they could have turned up their toes.

I want to see North play like that.

Yeah. Was still nice to see Buddy giving Gibson the runaround though. Boy that takes me back.

Listening to sen earlier, they were comparing the two types of coaches between leppa and voss and how the team responds to each coach. Voss seemed to be a coach that was more suited to a developed group who was on the rise, while leppa had a more calming and patient presence which the team appeared to respond to better.

I found it interesting because I consider scott to be a coach who lies in the middle of the two.

Which me made me wonder, does that make him the perfect fit? Or does a coach or an assistant coach with more finals experience (get the job done mentality)need to be introduced?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to sen earlier, they were comparing the two types of coaches between leppa and voss and how the team responds to each coach. Voss seemed to be a coach that was more suited to a developed group who was on the rise, while leppa had a more calming and patient presence which the team appeared to respond to better.

Interesting idea. But were they just guessing at these interpretations? Or had someone had experience with both of those guys?

Interesting idea. But were they just guessing at these interpretations? Or had someone had experience with both of those guys?

To be honest it seemed like they had experience because they were discussing the coaches past and there and how Leppa had a good gig at richmond with developing/ taking care of the youth there. It was Rohan Connolly, however, they did talk about how in 98' Matthews came into a really strong and developed team and got the job done. That's why I was wondering if there might be any similarities

Im tipping a very angry crowd Saturday night, a pro-north crowd with violent blood running through our veins. Im pumped for it actually.
And watch the festival of the red after the game if we lose....

Key to being a North supporter - have no expectations and expect to lose - then you wont feel as bad when it happens
I thought we as a club had passed that stage in our development but our expectations have not been matched by reality.

Must admit the (non) effort against Carlton has finally made me pretty apathetic.

Not excited about the Geelong game. Truth be known I kinda wish I wasn't so into because sometimes you don't even look forward to the games when the team takes the piss in terms of showing some heart.
This is exactly how i feel - i put so much emotional energy into each weekend game and after being burnt so many times im just over it. I would rather be in the bottom 8 and give a consistent effort than be in the top and serve up piss weak rubbish every second week.

Must admit the (non) effort against Carlton has finally made me pretty apathetic.

Not excited about the Geelong game. Truth be known I kinda wish I wasn't so into because sometimes you don't even look forward to the games when the team takes the piss in terms of showing some heart.

Yep, same. Went to last night's game with no expectation and apart from the Comedy Capers umpiring in that second qtr stretch, I didn't even get fired up. I'm not sure if I'm numb or have just become apathetic about football.

+ 1. They have completely sucked the passion out of me this year

+2. I wanted 50 metres from St James Bartel just before the half time siren and a free against him when he blindturned into a tackle. apart from that, I've become a theatregoer.

I'm sure the umpires have a nude photo of the bloke licking an icy pole and eating a banana on the walls of their training rooms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back