WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did for Caroline springs in div 1 in round 1 this year and they lost their points for the game... but surely all player points need to be sent to the league before round 1 so they can tick off on them.

There was more to that situation it wasn’t a simple point issue. Caro were aware of it and still played the guy

It did for Caroline springs in div 1 in round 1 this year and they lost their points for the game... but surely all player points need to be sent to the league before round 1 so they can tick off on them.

Don't think they were over there points going by the system and what was loaded, they just allocated less points for player(s) than they should have

Don't think they were over there points going by the system and what was loaded, they just allocated less points for player(s) than they should have
Yeah but when the league amended them points to what they should of been they were over the points... it says they played with 49 points?

Yeah but when the league amended them points to what they should of been they were over the points... it says they played with 49 points?

That is correct, they were under or exactly 45 points on the day but that's because they understated points for some players, when it was highlighted and the correct points loaded, they were over the 45 points allowable

Correct, it will only be an issue if they have lied about the amount of points allocated to a player.

Which the right points need to be retrospectively adjusted as per albion v caroline springs.

When caroline springs first put up that same side, it was under the 45, which the league investigated and rightfully took the points and adjusted the players in question to what they should have been.

Now if error has gone undetected for 18 rounds, then in my eyes, thats on the WRFL as much as its on Sanctuary Lakes, as each player should be checked, and 18 rounds is long enough for checks and balances and time to intervene.

There was more to that situation it wasn’t a simple point issue. Caro were aware of it and still played the guy
Ahh ok want to elaborate on what was more to the situation?
Correct, it will only be an issue if they have lied about the amount of points allocated to a player.

Which the right points need to be retrospectively adjusted as per albion v caroline springs.

When caroline springs first put up that same side, it was under the 45, which the league investigated and rightfully took the points and adjusted the players in question to what they should have been.

Now if error has gone undetected for 18 rounds, then in my eyes, thats on the WRFL as much as its on Sanctuary Lakes, as each player should be checked, and 18 rounds is long enough for checks and balances and time to intervene.
What I don’t understand TT is wouldn’t they have put the side up before round 1? Shouldn’t the league check it before the game and get back to them and say they weren’t under the points?

Ahh ok want to elaborate on what was more to the situation?

What I don’t understand TT is wouldn’t they have put the side up before round 1? Shouldn’t the league check it before the game and get back to them and say they weren’t under the points?

The league wouldn't have the time or man power to check over 1000 registered player points before round 1. They should have hired a Uni kid who had good knowledge of the system and paid them to go through each clubs points as players were registered before round 1 and after each player was checked and confirmed, then that players points are locked

The league wouldn't have the time or man power to check over 1000 registered player points before round 1. They should have hired a Uni kid who had good knowledge of the system and paid them to go through each clubs points as players were registered before round 1 and after each player was checked and confirmed, then that players points are locked
As I have written before I have done the points at the start of the year for my club in the past 3 years and the points for established players all you do is deduct a point. For new players you MUST contact the league and get them to adjudicate on what points they are. Very easy and I have kept all correspondence regarding points...……..NO PROBLEMS AT ALL

As I have written before I have done the points at the start of the year for my club in the past 3 years and the points for established players all you do is deduct a point. For new players you MUST contact the league and get them to adjudicate on what points they are. Very easy and I have kept all correspondence regarding points...……..NO PROBLEMS AT ALL

Agree, you can do your own points for new player points and get league to double check.

WRFL have always happy to help, but it's up to clubs dont leave until last minute.

A grey area is best and fairest positions when allocating points, player has to let you know when you ask.

Agree, you can do your own points for new player points and get league to double check.

WRFL have always happy to help, but it's up to clubs dont leave until last minute.

A grey area is best and fairest positions when allocating points, player has to let you know when you ask.
Clubs could easily divulge information in clearance section where you can relay comments

Clubs could easily divulge information in clearance section where you can relay comments

The league should issue the points to every player that applies to a clearance. A part of that clearance is the both the club he is leaving and club he is going to accepts the points that is allocated to that player prior to clearance going through.

If Point Cook Centrals have had games that exceeded the points limit no matter whose error it is, they have broken the rules and should lose the points. Rules are rules you have guidelines and clubs now the points guidelines and will always try to sneak players in under what they should be.

There should be no grey area, be interesting what the league does, I think we all know they like things just to go away with time and not really address the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure and I'm not saying its true but I've been told that to the letter of the law so to speak if you breach the points more then once in season you forfeit all points for the year.
At the end of the day it's cheating.

The league should issue the points to every player that applies to a clearance. A part of that clearance is the both the club he is leaving and club he is going to accepts the points that is allocated to that player prior to clearance going through.

If Point Cook Centrals have had games that exceeded the points limit no matter whose error it is, they have broken the rules and should lose the points. Rules are rules you have guidelines and clubs now the points guidelines and will always try to sneak players in under what they should be.

There should be no grey area, be interesting what the league does, I think we all know they like things just to go away with time and not really address the issue.

I agree, i have no issue with clubs putting forward their lists with what points they think they are to the league. The league then should ratify it, and make any amendments needed. From there its final. This should be done from before round 1 and any new transfer done, player cannot play until wrfl ratify points which can easily be done as they come through.

Come on TT, we're talking WRFL here. Hardly the admin powerhouse of Victorian football.
Always room for improvement. The old mob would want to pull their boots uo too, because they were going backwards at a rate of knots too!

Come on TT, we're talking WRFL here. Hardly the admin powerhouse of Victorian football.

It is a pretty simple process, just need sporting pulse to adjust slightly, when entering a clearance the club should need to enter what they think the player is worth, the club clearing the player a part of approval needs to be the points, then the league signs off on it. It is locked and loaded no grey and you can't save your team sheet if over the allocated points.

Tips for the last round!
What a year it’s been, very even comp this year.
Lavo by 30
Suns by 120
Centrals by 20
Tarneit by 10

Thoughts on this year!
CENTRALS. Wow what a great year wouldn’t of picked them finishing this high on,Team of the year in my mind. Great recruiting will win the flag.

Suns & Tarneit! Great years, have done what is expected of them bar the Suns last few games.

BrayCrook. What a great year they have had , recruited well , probably won’t win a final but looking good to build on for next year.

Heights! Disappointment from making finals last, hasn’t been a great year!

Lavo. Wooden spooners the last 2 years to great improvers this year. Hearing great things on/off field.

Glen Ordinary. Terrible first half but great second half of the year, building for next year.

Norf Sunshine, biggest disappointment of the year, cruelled by injury. Will need a big off season/Recruitment

Centrals for the flag.
Tarneit Bridesmaids again.

Point Cook have had this issue from day one this year it seems a legitimate error.

Strange that people only started to look into it after they started playing really well.

17 rounds in they should be allowed to play on it’s a league problem to pass the buck back to clubs is not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back