WRFL Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that some people are just lazy and just cant be bothered with football training. but if you cant get there you cant get there family and work come first before football and most coaches understand that. and i get your point of tradies not working til late because it gets dark early but thats a bit crap most nights i work til 5-5.30 and if im working the other side of town fat chance of me getting there. so everyone has different circumstances.

Absolutely but all I’m saying is there are no more reasons now to not make training then there were 20 years ago and to suggest work is the main reason is moronic.

The numbers for nearly every age group has dropped off drastically. Under 18s is nearly dead. When I was at that age lost teams had minimum 2 and sometimes three under 18s teams.

We all had school and commitments back then but we made training nearly every night coz if you didn’t you didn’t get a game.

We live in a different society now and regardless what anyone think people are not what they used to be

Of course there are going to be people that make excuses not to train, that's always going to happen no matter what.

The thing is the hours that people are physically at work may have decreased slightly (though that is still under debate) the hours that people are expected to put into work outside of the workplace has increased dramatically.

Your whole argument was how people have more time now to play sports when in actual fact people are so much more time poor these days than in '1992' and that's an undisputed fact.

Lol the good damn stats tell you that your “undisputed” fact is bullshit.

Time poor is a catchphrase for lazy and I’m not getting paid to do it so why should I? Today’s society in a nut shell.

You can think what you want but I’ve been a part of the excuses for the last 5 years and the majority are utter bullshit, they just can’t be bothered and that isn’t time poor.

Absolutely but all I’m saying is there are no more reasons now to not make training then there were 20 years ago and to suggest work is the main reason is moronic.

The numbers for nearly every age group has dropped off drastically. Under 18s is nearly dead. When I was at that age lost teams had minimum 2 and sometimes three under 18s teams.

We all had school and commitments back then but we made training nearly every night coz if you didn’t you didn’t get a game.

We live in a different society now and regardless what anyone think people are not what they used to be
100 percent footy in the wrfl has dropped significantly most kids would rather just stay home and play playstation.

Lol the good damn stats tell you that your “undisputed” fact is bullshit.

Time poor is a catchphrase for lazy and I’m not getting paid to do it so why should I? Today’s society in a nut shell.

You can think what you want but I’ve been a part of the excuses for the last 5 years and the majority are utter bullshit, they just can’t be bothered and that isn’t time poor.
Those stats are based on employer information not employee. Most awards allow for a maximum 38 hour work week but you'll find a hell of a lot of employers expect more than that from employees.

No employer is going to say that their employees work 45+ hours a week because then they will get reamed by fair work if that were the case.

I work a standard 45 hour work week with an expectation of answering numerous digital enquiries/messages whether it be email, phone or social.

Not to mention tradies are constantly choosing to work Saturdays for overtime which hinders their ability to play footy because they need to earn the cash.

Those stats are based on employer information not employee. Most awards allow for a maximum 38 hour work week but you'll find a hell of a lot of employers expect more than that from employees.

No employer is going to say that their employees work 45+ hours a week because then they will get reamed by fair work if that were the case.

I work a standard 45 hour work week with an expectation of answering numerous digital enquiries/messages whether it be email, phone or social.

Not to mention tradies are constantly choosing to work Saturdays for overtime which hinders their ability to play footy because they need to earn the cash.

Lol yeah ok mate

I’m a tradie I know who works when and most job sites are graveyards at 4pm on week days and 12 on Saturdays.

You may be different but there aren’t a lot of white collar workers running around local footy.

I don’t know what world you live in but most tradies are covered by CFMEU rules and it doesn’t matter if their employees want them to work longer it doesn’t happen unless the worker decides to. If you think employers are forcing hours on CFMEU members then you truly are naive.

So keep making excuses you actually can’t see you are the epitome of the problem.

Anyway good luck to you this year for the Titans

Lol yeah ok mate

I’m a tradie I know who works when and most job sites are graveyards at 4pm on week days and 12 on Saturdays.

You may be different but there aren’t a lot of white collar workers running around local footy.

I don’t know what world you live in but most tradies are covered by CFMEU rules and it doesn’t matter if their employees want them to work longer it doesn’t happen unless the worker decides to. If you think employers are forcing hours on CFMEU members then you truly are naive.

So keep making excuses you actually can’t see you are the epitome of the problem.

Anyway good luck to you this year for the Titans
You do realise there are a heap of players that aren't tradies, right?

You then also have ones that are studying at uni with weird timetables, it's not like back in the day where everyone was done by 5 at the latest.

How can I be a part of the problem when I'm forced to work until at least 6pm some nights? This is exactly the point, what am I supposed to do? Quit and just play footy? Hahah

Obviously some people are going to make up shit excuses but they are usually easy to pick. You can't deny that the time commitment for footy is difficult for some due to outside factors out of their control.

You do realise there are a heap of players that aren't tradies, right?

You then also have ones that are studying at uni with weird timetables, it's not like back in the day where everyone was done by 5 at the latest.

How can I be a part of the problem when I'm forced to work until at least 6pm some nights? This is exactly the point, what am I supposed to do? Quit and just play footy? Hahah

Obviously some people are going to make up shit excuses but they are usually easy to pick. You can't deny that the time commitment for footy is difficult for some due to outside factors out of their control.

I know this might be difficult for you to believe but if what you say is true you are not the norm for footy players.

The vast majority of local players are tradies or blur collar workers not white collar or tech heads.

We also have a lot more part time workers around these days so there FOR THE MAJORITY is no more excuses to not train than there were 20 years ago.

Go ask Elso how many Chippies, brick layers and such tell him they are working late in mid June when it’s raining and dark at 5pm. How many teachers have parent teacher meeting EVERY WEEK. How many people tell him thy are still at work yet they are all over social media.

So no mate the time poor excuse is utter bullshit for the majority

Footy has dropped off at every age group so are out trying to tell me 10 year olds are time poor also? Lol

I know this might be difficult for you to believe but if what you say is true you are not the norm for footy players.

The vast majority of local players are tradies or blur collar workers not white collar or tech heads.

We also have a lot more part time workers around these days so there FOR THE MAJORITY is no more excuses to not train than there were 20 years ago.

Go ask Elso how many Chippies, brick layers and such tell him they are working late in mid June when it’s raining and dark at 5pm. How many teachers have parent teacher meeting EVERY WEEK. How many people tell him thy are still at work yet they are all over social media.

So no mate the time poor excuse is utter bullshit for the majority

Footy has dropped off at every age group so are out trying to tell me 10 year olds are time poor also? Lol
Footy has dropped off a heap, I'm not disputing thay but juniors are nott down to being time poor, there are just more options now. It's kids wanting to play different sports including soccer. Kids wanting to play basketball, these sports have seen a huge influx of kids playing.

Seniors though I would suggest it's people being time poor/ prioritising things such as work & family over footy. What I'm saying is that cutting down a preseason would more than likely bring a lot of those people back. Personally I'm fine with the length of preseason but of course there are people that it affects negatively more than me.

Footy has dropped off a heap, I'm not disputing thay but juniors are nott down to being time poor, there are just more options now. It's kids wanting to play different sports including soccer. Kids wanting to play basketball, these sports have seen a huge influx of kids playing.

Seniors though I would suggest it's people being time poor/ prioritising things such as work & family over footy. What I'm saying is that cutting down a preseason would more than likely bring a lot of those people back. Personally I'm fine with the length of preseason but of course there are people that it affects negatively more than me.

Sorry but if kids want to get paid for footy then pre season is part of the gig and it’s not like half the blokes turn up anyway.

Here’s an idea if you want to prioritise fort nite over footy don’t ask for coin and turn up in Feb and play for free.

Other than that stop making pissy excuses such a “time poor” and do what blokes have been doing for a century and train for 3 hours a week or don’t train at all and just play for the love of the game and not selfishly expect money to play 15th level footy

Sorry but if kids want to get paid for footy then pre season is part of the gig and it’s not like half the blokes turn up anyway.

Here’s an idea if you want to prioritise fort nite over footy don’t ask for coin and turn up in Feb and play for free.

Other than that stop making pissy excuses such a “time poor” and do what blokes have been doing for a century and train for 3 hours a week or don’t train at all and just play for the love of the game and not selfishly expect money to play 15th level footy
Oh I completely agree with you in regards to paid players no doubt, if you're getting paid then absolutely there's that expectation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when wasn’t pre season as long?

My first pre season at Altona in 1992 was just as long and ten times harder than anything they do now. They flogged us, kids theses days would not cop that level of training.

The reality is kids theses days are entitled and like work they expect more money for less work.

Not sure where people think they work more now a normal working week has gone from 40-36.

The excuses above are an example of why players turn up less now.
I too got flogged in my first senior training season but we where not expected to turn up until start of February you missed my whole point its about the lenght of time we are asking our footballers to commit too

Since when wasn’t pre season as long?

My first pre season at Altona in 1992 was just as long and ten times harder than anything they do now. They flogged us, kids theses days would not cop that level of training.

The reality is kids theses days are entitled and like work they expect more money for less work.

Not sure where people think they work more now a normal working week has gone from 40-36.

The excuses above are an example of why players turn up less now.

All this posts needs to add is "Back in my day"

God i hate blokes in their early 40s assuming they know everything about today's generation. Why do you assume that the way things were done in the early 90s was the best way of doing things? i bet you love dribbling rubbish on the sidelines of games, telling anyone that will listen about how soft this generation is and how they used to "flog you" at training back in the day. TBH i think you hate the fact that nobody cares about what you used to do.

That's great you played for the love of it and i know plenty of blokes that still do. But why would you commit to 8+ hours a week of footy when you can be spending that time with family or working on a Saturday?

God i hate blokes in their early 40s assuming they know everything about today's generation. Why do you assume that the way things were done in the early 90s was the best way of doing things? i bet you love dribbling rubbish on the sidelines of games, telling anyone that will listen about how soft this generation is and how they used to "flog you" at training back in the day. TBH i think you hate the fact that nobody cares about what you used to do.

That's great you played for the love of it and i know plenty of blokes that still do. But why would you commit to 8+ hours a week of footy when you can be spending that time with family or working on a Saturday?
Yibbida yibbida that’s all folks

That's great you played for the love of it and i know plenty of blokes that still do. But why would you commit to 8+ hours a week of footy when you can be spending that time with family or working on a Sarday?
PS FU!k TRAINNG I don’t give a FUIK WHAT TIME I FINISH

That's great you played for the love of it and i know plenty of blokes that still do. But why would you commit to 8+ hours a week of footy when you can be
spending that time with family or working on a Saturday?

Hahaha hilarious

God I wish I was 20 and knew everything.

Keep making excuses while footy dies slowly because people are different now and try to pretend they are more important and “time poor” than on the past. And I’m not assuming I’ve spent 5 years listening to 20 somethings make crap excuses as to why they can’t train but can play on saturdays when $$$$ is involved, so nice try at attempting to be clever.

Good luck this year starting at 12 in div 3 in your 20s, I’m sure you must be rapt thats the pinnacle of your footy :)

Last edited:
So ummmmm Round 1 is this week.

Glenorden continue to pick up more players and I hear Kym Taylor to Albanvale. Surely Kym is the pickup of the year, easily the best player in the division.

It’s going to be a very even comp this season all bar north sunny I feel as though any team could knock over anyone.

I see Michael Kennedy has lodged a clearance from tarneit to Laverton. Along with Murphy and Lindsey. They are handy 1 point players for them.

Also Kym Taylor leaving Albion to go albanvale. Albion in a bad way with 35 clearances lodged

I see Michael Kennedy has lodged a clearance from tarneit to Laverton. Along with Murphy and Lindsey. They are handy 1 point players for them.

Also Kym Taylor leaving Albion to go albanvale. Albion in a bad way with 35 clearances lodged
Jason Whitling last years B&F has also changed his mind on playing this year and just started coming to training. Hes a PT by trade so will be fit as a fiddle. The Magpies are looking strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back