WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet none of this will determine when creative pulls the pin.

I get why you hate it and the reasons are valid, but there are plenty out there who will be happy to see Reigns continue on.
I have no horse in this race, just playing devil's advocate to those who are so sure Reigns must lose the title.

Absolutely.

I understand the reasoning behind people’s opinion too.

But I think I’d be more than fine if Reigns kept the championship longer. It’s such an essential part of his current character. He’s clearly their biggest draw, and although he’s only there on a semi regular basis, I couldn’t imagine the aura or big time feel when he appears would be anything like it is, if he was to be on every week.

We have the work horse champion in Rollins, who does the house show loops and is on every TV. Funnily enough people were crying out for him to drop the belt too, so there’s no winning either way.

I think they’ve done such a good job of re-establishing prestige & importance around the mid card titles, that the world championships aren’t required to be defended or showcased as much now, which adds even more importance to them.

Top end of the roster is as stacked as it’s ever been as well, so it’s not as if the talent has suffered in my opinion.

After all that, I’m still rooting for Cody to finish the story at WrestleMania however. How he’s managed be the white meat babyface and make it work so well in an era of anti-hero’s and anti-authority babyfaces is remarkable.

Most sense to me would be:
  • Punk or Cody wins Rumble, other wins EC
  • Punk v Seth night 1 @ WM - Seth retains and Priest finally cashes in to win it.
  • Cody v Reigns night 1 @ WM - Cody looks like he's about to get screwed again, Rock's music hits and he comes and lays the Smackdown on the Bloodline, Cody gets the win.

Sets up so much for the next year....
  • Seth takes a break for a bit
  • Cody's the top guy
  • Next chapter of the Bloodline story can then come and go with Reigns/Rock verbal sparring on a part time basis to build to whenever Rock is ready without any belt being held hostage; then play out the rest of Jimmy/Solo vs Jay without it being contingent on being Reigns' lackeys for his title reign all the time
  • And will add, what nobody's really brought up, the Judgment Day part of the title scene - Priest is champ, Rhea can retain at WM vs Becky (assuming she wins EC, with whoever Rumble wins taking Io Sky) and they can be champ vs champ for control of JD for a while.
  • Punk is also lurking in the background, offended over missing out, can do angles with the JD or Cody, McIntyre can get in there too, plenty of options.

Just seems stupid to blow their wad and do Rock v Reigns while the belt is still in the mix. Save it for later, and Cody should not beat anyone other than Reigns at WM given the build. Him vs Orton would be such a wet fart even with their history. They can use that for post-WM anyway.

Rumble winner takes Rollins title?

Would WWE fans care if Okada debuted and made the final 3/4 of the Rumble? I have no feel whatsoever for the general WWE fan's feelings on Japan.

Would WWE fans care if Okada debuted and made the final 3/4 of the Rumble? I have no feel whatsoever for the general WWE fan's feelings on Japan.

Mainstream fans would likely be confused, as he's not well known in the US outside of a brief run in TNA a decade ago, and a couple of appearances in AEW.
Hardcore fans may mark out though. Personally I'd love to see him in WWE but I think it's too close to WM season for Okada to take a prime Rumble finish, especially with the line-up and potential winners available.

Though I can hear Michael Cole hyping him now - "OMG he's here! The most wanted free agent in the world of sports entertainment is here! Okada has won multiple world championships in Japan and now he's here in WWE!

Wouldn't surprise me if he's straight into the main event picture though. WWE have been treating Japanese talent very well recently. Nakamura recent feuds with Rollins and Rhodes in the upper card. Iyo Sky the WWE champion. Even Tozawa got a win on Raw.

I know of him. But couldn't tell you what he looked like. I've never seen anything he has done

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Well he’s under contract until end of January so kind of a moot point. But as a very basic generalised view, hardcore WWE fans only care about WWE.

Well he’s under contract until end of January so kind of a moot point. But as a very basic generalised view, hardcore WWE fans only care about WWE.

I'm not sure the article on NJPW's website was interpreted very well, but it seemed to suggest that he'd be working into Feb - so there's a compromise there that allows him to work the Rumble while still doing a couple of NJPW Strong dates in Feb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWE's fan profile is very different to probably most organisations. Aimed at a wider/younger demographic. Unless you're the 25-40 yo bracket that is on forums, watches shows religiously - you aren't going to be aware of how to access NJPW. Even here imagine there's a few that have NJPW world.

Anyway - I would love Okada in WWE, anything that changes the talent profile and slightly the style of wrestling there is a good thing. Same with Ospreay.

Like Ospreay, won't be unhappy if he goes to AEW either as it will be easier to see him, as it's been great having AEW added to Kayo. People shouldn't be unhappy where people go, as long as you have access to watch them.

If Seth can rehab it you can still save the Seth Punk mania match. He doesn’t need to defend at Rumble and doesn’t need to defend at Chamber.

If they lose Seth for chamber just make Roman defend his title so there is at least one title match.

If the knee won’t be good to go in time for the Rumble perhaps they could have Cody win it and choose Roman

Drew wins the chamber match for the championship that Seth vacates.

If Seth can rehab it you can still save the Seth Punk mania match. He doesn’t need to defend at Rumble and doesn’t need to defend at Chamber.

If they lose Seth for chamber just make Roman defend his title so there is at least one title match.

If the knee won’t be good to go in time for the Rumble perhaps they could have Cody win it and choose Roman

Drew wins the chamber match for the championship that Seth vacates.
good luck with that.

they could always have a 1 month feud where the Rumble winner defends their title match. But chances are Rhea is defending her title.

Wow Pete Dunne is back, I can't wait for people to act like he's a completely different person when they book him the same way they've booked him for the last year.

He's been Pete Dunne for over a year in every aspect except name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back