WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was strange... they just set up a match - Rock & Roman vs Seth & Cody - that due to injury and circumstance, I don't think can happen before WM.

The good news for Perth is there might be a chamber match to face Rollins after all.

I do wonder if this was the plan all along or they've had change plans due to the backlash.

If they changed plans, holy s**t - they knocked it out of the park.

Went both the family and corporate angle, and Dwayne leaning into the reaction.

WWE is so much better when they lean into real life.

Apart from Bianca and Becky, that was pretty good.

I’ve missed the rest of it can someone summarise what’s happened? Rocky go heel and join Roman and Cody is taking on Roman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve missed the rest of it can someone summarise what’s happened? Rocky go heel and join Roman and Cody is taking on Roman?

Roman 'chose' Rock.

Rock insulted the crowd, put a bloodline family tree on the screen, shook hands with Roman.

Cody interrupted, and chose Roman for Mania. Roman interrupted him and insulted Dusty. Cody said his grand father and the high chief would be ashamed of them. Rock said if you talk about his family you talk about mine and slapped him.

Seth pranced about like an idiot and did nothing the whole time.

They cut to Triple H backstage, the Rock interrupted him speaking down to him while Triple H told him that he's out of line.

They're leaning full into board member Rock as a member of the bloodline, and it's pretty ******* good.

If they changed plans, holy s**t - they knocked it out of the park.

Went both the family and corporate angle, and Dwayne leaning into the reaction.

WWE is so much better when they lean into real life.

Apart from Bianca and Becky, that was pretty good.

What am I missing here...

They give zero explanation as to how this whole debacle started in the first place. I'm one of the ones that assumed work from the start, but it makes absolutely zero sense.

They give zero explanation as to how this whole debacle started in the first place. I'm one of the ones that assumed work from the start, but it makes absolutely zero sense.

I predicted a work too. Cody's indecision and mentioning not at Mania made no sense, but they've made the best out of some odd decisions.

I think they set that up easily.

Rock, who is a board member, sold Cody on the idea that he was going to take down Roman and the bloodline, that he thought all of this was against the legacy of his family in private. Cody, who has tried to be strategic to bring down the bloodline after losing to it (and not Roman) last year was convinced.

Rock thought that Cody was out of the picture, and revealed that he in fact is doing it as a celebration / furtherance of the blood line.

Cody saw that, realised he'd been had, and came to his senses.

Absolutely turned this one. They knew they had too. Eat s**t Rock.

Eat s**t Rock? He's going to come out of this adding to his legacy. The bloodline stuff was faltering, he's put it on steroids in an instant.

I think they set that up easily.

Rock, who is a board member, sold Cody on the idea that he was going to take down Roman and the bloodline, that he thought all of this was against the legacy of his family in private. Cody, who has tried to be strategic to bring down the bloodline after losing to it (and not Roman) last year was convinced.

Rock thought that Cody was out of the picture, and revealed that he in fact is doing it as a celebration / furtherance of the blood line.

Cody saw that, realised he'd been had, and came to his senses.

That makes Cody seem like a total rube to me...

Like yeah good that the right outcome has occured, I just don't see how it is good storytelling.

Cody chose Roman, Rock will put himself in the match abusing his board powers to stick it to Cody, they'll sell it as a borderline handicap match. During the match the egos will clash, Rock and Roman will fall out, Rock hits the rock bottom, cody gets the pin on Roman.

Cody wins in the biggest match possible, and Rock / Roman one on one is set up for later on.

I predicted a work too. Cody's indecision and mentioning not at Mania made no sense, but they've made the best out of some odd decisions.

Yeah, fair enough. Right outcome, I just don't really understand the praise for doing the most obvious thing possible in the most unnecessary and illogical manner! 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back