WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth vs Drew and Preist cashes in and wins the title
No. Priest cashes in on whoever wins between Rock/Roman/Rhodes and wins the title. The former 2 can go away and the latter go do something else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is zero reason to have Roman hold a title just to beat one guy in title reign length (which isn't actually the same belt anyway). I could see it if it was for the longest reign ever, but it's for 2nd spot. Big ****ing deal.

Rock vs Reigns is money and doesn't (and shouldn't) have the title involved at all. That can go with Cody for new storylines (post WM can continue for a few months with the Bloodline before he moves on and the focus then shifts to Rock vs Roman). It's just a McGuffin anyway and the "Tribal Chief" battle replaces that.

Would be awful to continue Cody's "story" for a whole other year, that needs to move on, even if he does fizzle but I bet he won't, they have built a top guy whether haters want to accept it or not.

Plus Roman and Rock then become even bigger attractions for an entire year. Appear when they want or when needed (if more poop comes out). So much money to be made.

The Bloodline story still has a long way to go, Roman losing the title isn't only part 1.

I'm not normally one to fantasy book but lets have a crack.

Today they set up Rock/Roman v Cody/Seth. Who knows if that actually happens but it's set up.

At Mania I think its Cody v Roman with the Rock as the special ref (or a triple threat if they really need to but I reckon a ref spot works best). In the build up rock will be on Romans side. Roman will be all cocky going into the match as always. I expect the Rock to ref the match straight down the middle. No shenanigans until the inevitable Solo run in in which case Rock puts a stop to that right there by Rock Bottoming solo in the ring. More shenanigans happen but importantly Cody goes over as clean as possible in this situation.

Cody gets his moment. Rock V Roman is set up for next year. Everyone is happy.

The legitimate reason will be that Rock will feel screwed over by this decision and turn on Cody at WM costing him the World Title.

Rock vs Roman was going to be a Roman win. That is not changing now that Cody is involved. The streak will continue as Roman gets closer to Hogan’s record.
Hogan doesn't have a record though, that's the silliest thing about this whole thing, he sits 3rd of all time, wow good job Reigns you came 3rd.

The only record is Sammartino's, anything else is irrelevant. Rock screws over Reigns at WrestleMania after Solo tries intefering again, Rhodes wins, this is the payoff to long storytelling, Reigns winning is objectively the wrong call.

There's no world where Reigns retaining is the correct outcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back