WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have said this before, but there's just too much WWE programming on these days IMO.

I think there just needs to be less WWE on television in general, because it makes it less "special" and "exclusive" when there's 7-8 hours of programming every single week, plus all the extra content on the WWE Network to. I'd look at getting rid of Main Event and Superstars ,and trimming that extra hour off of Raw before anything else. If that means less directionless midcarders on the roster, so be it. WWE is the elite. You shouldn't have guys there just "making a paycheck", appearing on TV once a month and filling out house show cards.

I agree with getting rid of Main Event and Superstars but I like the 3 hour episodes of RAW. There just needs to be more/longer matches and less promos.

I may have said this before, but there's just too much WWE programming on these days IMO.

I think there just needs to be less WWE on television in general, because it makes it less "special" and "exclusive" when there's 7-8 hours of programming every single week, plus all the extra content on the WWE Network to. I'd look at getting rid of Main Event and Superstars ,and trimming that extra hour off of Raw before anything else. If that means less directionless midcarders on the roster, so be it. WWE is the elite. You shouldn't have guys there just "making a paycheck", appearing on TV once a month and filling out house show cards.
I'd probably get rid of Main Event and Superstars, but they aren't going anywhere. Keep RAW and SD the same as they are. Perhaps RAW and SD could take some notes from NXT since they fit more storyline driven matches in one hour than RAW+SD can manage in 5.

Don't know about anyone else, but I hated the old Shield's themes at first, but they've definitely grown on me.

In true WWE style, something cryptic was just incredibly lame and irrelevant :p

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-transformed-superstar-transformations

BqaQ8.gif

I'd probably get rid of Main Event and Superstars, but they aren't going anywhere. Keep RAW and SD the same as they are. Perhaps RAW and SD could take some notes from NXT since they fit more storyline driven matches in one hour than RAW+SD can manage in 5.
superstars is a waste.

main event?
I don't know.
There's points I think it's more relevant than Smackdown.

WWE has signed international Superstar Fergal Devitt to its NXT division. He will report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, today, WWE.com has confirmed.

“This is something I’ve been looking forward to since I was maybe four or five years old,” Devitt told WWE.com last week, while preparing for the trip in his home country of Ireland. “I grew up watching wrestling my whole life, so to get the chance to step in the ring that I’ve watched on TV so many times is a dream come true.”

Prior to signing with WWE, Devitt was widely considered one of the most highly touted free agents in sports-entertainment. Hailing from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland, his path to NXT and WWE has been circuitous: Initially trained in England, Devitt honed his craft in the U.K. and U.S. independent scenes before entering the notoriously disciplined dojos of New Japan Pro Wrestling. He also competed in Mexico, though it was in New Japan that he rose to greatest prominence, under the name Prince Devitt.

During his eight-year tenure there, Devitt captured the group’s prestigious IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship three times, and he won New Japan’s Best of the Super Juniors tournament — the same tournament won by the likes of WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero — twice, in 2010 and 2013. Devitt went undefeated in last year’s edition of the round-robin tournament.

Now, he’s excited to move on to the next stage of his career, in WWE. A self-described “chameleon in the ring,” Devitt prides himself on adapting to his surroundings wherever he goes. Despite the anticipation that’s surrounded his signing, he’s quick to note it’ll be “back to square one” when he gets to the WWE Performance Center.

10 things you didn't know about the WWE Performance Center

“I don’t consider myself anywhere close to the finished product, so I’m looking forward to this challenge and learning a new style,” he said.

This won’t be Devitt’s first time at the Performance Center. He visited the facility months ago, during which time he met the coaching staff. The Center, which recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, exceeded Devitt’s already-high expectations.

IMG_6637.jpg

“I’ve seen a lot of different training schools and dojos, and the sheer level of professionalism at the Performance Center and the state-of-the-art facility just knocked me for a six. It really blew me away,” he said.

Though perhaps an unknown quantity to many WWE fans, Devitt is a familiar face to several members of the NXT locker room, most notably NXT Champion Adrian Neville, whom Devitt wrestled in Japan, and newcomer Becky Lynch, whom he helped train. He’s anxious to have the chance to get in the ring again with Neville, as well as Sami Zayn, who he said “stands out.”

“We kinda missed each other, played crisscross, but never had a chance to lock up on the independent circuit, so that’d be something I’d really look forward to,” Devitt said of Zayn.

On the main roster, Devitt said there’s one absolute goal: “The target would be John Cena, because if you’re wrestling John Cena, you’re in the main event.” Still, he’d also like to tie up or team up with fellow Irishman Sheamus. Devitt and Sheamus started their careers in Ireland around the same time, but because they worked for competing organizations, they never battled, only knew each other by reputation.

Devitt’s signing, meanwhile, represents WWE's second major acquisition of an international talent in recent weeks. During WWE’s tour of Japan earlier this month, Hulk Hogan presided over the ceremonial contract signing of Japanese competitor Kenta.

Watch Kenta's signing | Kenta talks to Renee Young

“I think it’s definitely a good thing and the company’s obviously looking forward,” Devitt said of WWE’s current talent recruitment. “It’s bringing in some well-traveled performers, so I think for NXT, it’s a good thing.”

It’s just that worldly experience that Devitt credited with readying him for the demanding rigor of WWE’s proving ground.

“It’s helped me and my confidence, both in and out of the ring,” Devitt said of his travels. “I never feel out of my depth of experience. I’ve been put into a lot of situations that could be stressful. That’s really helped me mature, both as a performer and as a man.”

Whether the WWE Universe will ever see Devitt sporting some of the flashier elements that made him stand out in Japan — the Chris Jericho-esque light-up ring jacket or sprawling, comic book-inspired body-paint designs — remains to be seen.

“I’ve always got a couple of tricks up my sleeve, so I’m going to come up with something new before then,” he said. “But yeah, look out for the light-up jacket, look out for the body paint. Look out for a new Devitt.”
http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-signs-fergal-devitt-26515616

KENTA, Devitt and hopefully Steen will be signing soon. NXT is about to get even better than it already was!

Steen is almost a certainty, he's wrestling his final matches, one of which is against Jerry Lawler. Jerry cut a promo referencing that Steen was about to "hit the big time". The Young Bucks also made mention that it was time for Steen to go and "help out Generico".

Really hope Steen and Devitt get to keep their names.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the vibe I'm getting from Xavier, it definitely looks like that's what they're trying to achieve with his character. Especially if he's going to keep emphasising the X in Xavier. He's pretty decent on the mic, speaks with confidence, I'm interested to see where they go from here.

String is s**t. Lol what 50 year old wears face paint? What a weirdo.

String if given the chance would molest you. Afterwards whilst you are crying he would threaten your life and also will kill any beloved pets.

No string don't go into my brothers room :cry: you will yell, he'll turn to you and say "e92 you little bitch I warn you now, if you tell anyone what I did to you I'll murder you and your brother and molest you again, take these words on".

IS THIS WAT YOU WANT E92?

String if given the chance would molest you. Afterwards whilst you are crying he would threaten your life and also will kill any beloved pets.

No string don't go into my brothers room :cry: you will yell, he'll turn to you and say "e92 you little bitch I warn you now, if you tell anyone what I did to you I'll murder you and your brother and molest you again, take these words on".

IS THIS WAT YOU WANT E92?

50036.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back