Draft Watcher Young Talent Time - A 2012 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I stand by my rating of Thurlow. :)

All I wanted to see from the Tasmanian side this year was Thurlow in the midfield, and they didn't give it to me. All I got was him playing as a loose man. So I took out my frustration with the coaches on Thurlow himself.

As a side note, I was sitting with the Tasmanian team just prior to their demolition by Vic Metro in Round 2 of the U18 Championships. I knew I should have offered them advice.

Yeah I called it before the champs that our state team lacked depth, and it was really only Thurlow and Lonergan that were standouts. I was thinking we were going to have a shocking champs. Surprised we didn't get smashed by the div 2 teams. Pretty happy with a couple of the other lesser lights though, like Jeffery, Walsh, and Hibberd. There is hope for next year, some pretty good players coming through.

Anyway, I'll never criticise a good mock drafter in seriousness. It is bloody hard, and my mock draft was attrocious. All I am going to do next year is stick to what I can do best, which is rating the Tas prospects and not think too much about how good mainland players are or what clubs might be looking for in a draft. I simply won't spend enough time watching mainlanders, and I only really care about the Tassie guys anyway. And clubs are fickle :)

Chris25, how do you rate the players who missed out on being drafted? What order would you put them in for the Rookie Draft?

And congratulations on your St.Kilda picks, you never got any right, but you were fairly close with our first three.

Hey Chris, I'm surprised you don't have Josh Saunders (Geelong Falcons) in your mock....Was he considered?

Essendon and St Kilda are very keen.
That was some good mail you had there mate. :thumbsu:

Glad we got him, we could do with that sort of speed, especially now that we've lost Cripps and Gram.

I've started a thread on him on the Players Board, on the St Kilda board. Do you know anything else that might be of interest for me to post there, like what his background is? I get the feeling from what I've read that he might come from more of an athletics background, or something, as his club commented that he was "coming from a long way back" and that his understanding of the game increased "immensely" this year, so I take it he hasn't been in in the system very long?

Hey Chris, pretty accurate with your selections for us, how do you think we did?

I'm not sure about St Kilda. Individually, I like the players they got. But there is just something about them together, that I don't. I think it's more overall balance than anything else - Nathan Wright was a good pick, and should help out to replace Goddard and Gram. But I'm not sure they filled other holes.

Spencer White was a favourite of mine, but I'm not sure he isn't just a younger Tom Lee rather than something completely different. They could end up having some quite similar KPFs, not that that is necessarily a bad thing of course. And Lewis Pierce is a long way off, although admittedly was my pick of the raw ruck prospects.

The most interesting one was Brodie Murdoch, who the Saints have said is a half back/wing. I'm not sure he quite has the athleticism that his brother does, and I do still see him as more of a third tall forward as opposed to a Goddard/Gram style player.

I don't know if any of that makes sense, because I do like their picks - just maybe not as a whole. I perhaps would have gone for a KPD instead of White, and maybe taken a KPF instead of Murdoch. But hey, I'm not a professional so I'll trust their judgement. And I am a fan of drafting best available, so I can't criticise too much.

Chris25, how do you rate the players who missed out on being drafted? What order would you put them in for the Rookie Draft?

Obviously Sam Colquhoun is my favourite of those who missed. Banfield, Boston, Lienert, Rodda and Wilkins are probably next on my list.

KPP wise, I like Liam Flaherty, Alex Howson, Josh Porter and Mason Middleton. The one who intrigues me is Simon Deery, a 19 year old capable of playing at both ends. I wouldn't mind Fremantle taking him as a rookie.

Bet you're happy with Simpson, Chris25! Stoked that the Suns passed on him for Lonergan. :D Perfect draft for both Suns and Freo!

Very happy! I've always considered him a top 10 player, so am very pleased to get him. Our outside runners are starting to rival those up at the Suns now.

Lonergan will be a star and a fan favourite, really hard player and exactly what the suns needed.

Hi Chris, Just wondering what your thoughts are on Kamdyn McIntosh - NOW
I have read your write up about him and you didnt seem too impressed with where he was at, Also I see Kamdyn as a big bodied midfielder that has great endurance and will develop his inside game more at AFL level as he is only 4 years into playing footy.

Also Sam Lowrie !! why do you believe the clubs have passed on him & what does he need to do to develope his game further, Do you believe it was his leg that may have dettered the clubs

And I stand by my rating of Thurlow. :)

All I wanted to see from the Tasmanian side this year was Thurlow in the midfield, and they didn't give it to me. All I got was him playing as a loose man. So I took out my frustration with the coaches on Thurlow himself.

As a side note, I was sitting with the Tasmanian team just prior to their demolition by Vic Metro in Round 2 of the U18 Championships. I knew I should have offered them advice.

Chris, in your opinion, do you think that Thurlow has the ability to play a significant role in the midfield or do you see him more as a running HBFer? Ability wise how do you compare him with some of the players taken around him ie Garner, Simpson, Broomhead? Appreciate your input.

Judging by your write up we picked up the best inside contested ball winner, best KPF and best KPD in the draft. Hopefully your right :)

Would really love to hear your opinion on kent, Jones and Telrich from a MFC perspective thanks Chris, thanks for the whole year just these 3 players seem to be a bit left field or less hyped type picks

Spencer White was a favourite of mine, but I'm not sure he isn't just a younger Tom Lee rather than something completely different. They could end up having some quite similar KPFs, not that that is necessarily a bad thing of course. And Lewis Pierce is a long way off, although admittedly was my pick of the raw ruck prospects.
We went "best available" with out first two picks, in particular, so we clearly saw Spencer White as the best option at that point, period and weren't interested in reaching for anyone to fill a particular need at that stage of the draft, which I'm perfectly OK with. We are looking like having some serious speed and athleticism in our future forward line, though, that's for sure. Maybe we ought to move to a bigger ground!

Who knows, maybe one of them will even end up down back. That is the whisper that we are hearing in the last couple of weeks, anyway and may help to explain why we didn't get a "KPD" in the draft. Having said that, word is that Nick Winmar has just been delisted, so we still may grab someone to play at FB in the PSD, like Joel Tippett, Kyal Hartigan, Jack Frost, or the younger Rodda, if we don't have someone in mind for next year from our own current list.

As for Lewis Pierce, we were expecting him to not be available by that last pick, so him being there changed our plans a bit, by the sound of it, hence taking the full allotted time to call his name (whoever we were debating about then may still be available in the PSD, hence a possible increased desire to delist Winmar).

Pierce's last 3 years have reportedly been hard hit by injury (mostly put down to his huge growth spurt, by the sound of it), but it seems we rate his talent and so on highly enough that we were prepared to take a chance on him and throw our other plans at 75 out the window, and it doesn't matter so much that he is a long way off, because we already have McEvoy, Stanley (who is better in the centre bounces than Mac anyway and who the new around the ground ruck rules will benefit greatly as well) and now Hickey (and Lever, who could potentially play ruck if absolutely necessary), so we can hopefully afford to give Pierce all the time he needs.

The most interesting one was Brodie Murdoch, who the Saints have said is a half back/wing. I'm not sure he quite has the athleticism that his brother does, and I do still see him as more of a third tall forward as opposed to a Goddard/Gram style player.
I saw that we mentioned Murdoch playing across HB and wing, but I've also heard that we may be hoping that he'll be able to play that Ryan O'Keefe type role up forward.

Scotty really likes versatility and I think we see him as someone who has the ability to play all those roles. Siposs is someone we drafted two years ago after likewise initially playing as a "smallish FF" in junior footy (apparently kicked 99 goals for his local club in the U16's) and he has shown that he has ample ability to play across HB and possibly wing as well, and after Murdoch tested so well for endurance at the combine, I think we're hoping he will be able to follow Sippa's footsteps in that regard and be able to play those same areas.

I'm not that familiar with Geelong's Murdoch, but Brodie still gets spoken about highly for his endurance, leap and even speed, for someone of his build and BJ is no athletic freak at all (has a terrific leap, when he's fully fit, but is not particularly quick at all), so Brodie ought to have no probs playing across HB, at least, if required and maybe even on the wing, where BJ played so much this year and also in 2009/2010.

And then there is the fact he has a very nice and long left foot kick on him. Pelchan certainly does love those who kick really well on their left, after the group he helped assemble at Hawthorn, so he also ticks that box for us, after we also got Jimmy Webster last year.

It was interesting that we took Brodie ahead of the somewhat similar and two inches taller Mason Wood, who we had been strongly linked to, though and of course Tim Membrey, who has some similar attributes, so I take it we rate Murdoch really pretty highly and/or really do see him playing mainly a midfield HB type role. Someone indicated in the 'SA draft prospects' thread that he had only played key forward in the juniors, so I wouldn't go too much on how he went in relatively unfamiliar roles this year. Chances are it will take him a while to get used to them, but it seems that he certainly has the talent (as evidenced by him kicking 30 goals in 6 games when he first moved to Adelaide last year, as an "underager") and also the athletic attributes necessary to be able to handle playing them.

It may seem to everyone that we are loading up on forward talent, but I don't necessarily mind that, because if they are who we see as having the most ability and if they have the talent to be able to do well in the junior or state leagues up forward, there is every chance they will be able to manage playing down back, or even in the midfield, without all that much trouble.

We in particular have a recent history of taking someone from the forward line and having success with them playing down back.

Fraser Gehrig mainly played wing, or forward flank at West Coast, from memory and then we recruited him to play specifically at FB and he came 3rd in our B&F in his first year, at FB, hardly losing a contest all year. (If I had to choose anyone from our past 20 years to play FB for us next year, as they were then, it would be him, I reckon.) Shane Wakelin is another one recruited to play forward and who mainly played forward, until eventually tried down at full-back to good effect, then bafflingly delisted by us, when Malcolm Blight took over, only to go on to play in a GF or two with Collingwood at FB. Pretty sure Danny Frawley originally played on the wing, but ended up going quite alright at FB. From memory Zac Dawson originally played mostly up forward, or in the ruck, in the U18's and then got switched down to FB at Hawthorn, as they already had Buddy, Roughy and Mitch Thorp vying for their key forward positions. I think Sam Fisher mainly played forward when he got him and Jimmy Gwilt started on the wing, then went to a forward flank, until eventually switched down back to great effect and was probably in our best 7 or 8 by the time he did his knee last year.

Aussie Jones is of course another one who initially played forward, or wing, but ended up in defence, a bit like Leon Davis and Brent Guerra also did. The list would go on and on.

So I don't mind if we load up on those who have had success in the forward line previously and end up with some of them playing in the backline, or midfield, in fact, it could be preferable in some instances, just because of how much talent and ability they have.

Thought someone should probably throw together a PSD and Rookie Draft for you guys. I couldn't really be bothered working out the order properly - for the PSD I've just gone off of who passed in the National Draft, and I just gave everyone two picks in the rookie draft. Neither are probably accurate, but that's not really the point.

As for the picks, some are realistic and others aren't - for example, I have Essendon redrafting Steinberg but Fremantle not redrafting Crichton. Basically, I figured there wasn't any point in picking a player who I didn't actually think should get another go just because they are training with a team (sorry Cameron Wood). Otherwise, the picks are generally just my favourite players remaining with a bit of 'team needs' thrown in too.

Pre Season Draft

Round 1

1. GWS - Zac Williams (183cm midfielder - Narranderra)

GWS have all the raw talent they need now. Their midfield is complete, with enough leftover to rotate through the flanks. They have the best young KPFs in the league, and their young KPDs are quickly catching up. The only thing left is to get some actual New South Welshmen onto their list - and I think that will be the priority here. And it doesn't hurt that Williams is actually a very nice midfield prospect who can win the hard ball or play outside.

2. Bulldogs - Nick Lower (187cm midfielder - Fremantle)

Do the Bulldogs need someone like Lower? Not really. And considering their midfield stocks, it would appear as though Lower would be playing more off of half back than anything else. Which would be disappointing, because he is a much more natural midfielder. He'd bring some leadership to the Dogs though, and would fit in with their style. So it would probably be a good fit for both parties.

3. Port Adelaide - Brent Prismall (186cm midfielder - Essendon)

Solid is probably the best way to describe Prismall, and a bottom 8 team is probably where he is most suited - as he'll be getting much more midfield time. Still only 26 though, so lots more football ahead of him. I do like the fit with Port Adelaide, they've recruited some nice midfield depth this offseason and Prismall would add to that. Maybe a poor man's Ebert, but he could have a good year given the opportunity.

4. Richmond - Sam Colquhoun (179cm midfielder - Central Districts)

Obviously I couldn't have Colquhoun slipping any further. He should have gone in the National Draft, and I've been saying for some time that you need to look at his performances in the SANFL to see what he is truly capable of. He is not just a loose and unaccountable defender by any means. He already had the skills and smarts to be a very good player, now he has the extra motivation of being overlooked.

5. Essendon - Dayle Garlett (180cm midfielder - Swan Districts)

Like Colquhoun, he could only slip so far. I'm not all that surprised he was overlooked, basically I don't think he is a special 'must have' talent - not enough to overlook everything off the field. He does have a lot of strings to his bow and can do the amazing at times, but I think he is more on that second tier with the likes of Allen Christensen, as opposed to Cyril Rioli.

6. Carlton - Cameron Banfield (183cm midfielder - Sandringham)

Not the best player to miss out (I didn't actually have him in the final edition of my mock) but one who I was surprised at. Definitely thought someone would take him, but he should find a home this time around. Can play down back or up on a wing - he has good speed, good skills and a good ability to set up the play. Maybe that's why he wasn't drafted? Good, not great.

7. Fremantle - Shane Nelson (176cm midfielder - West Perth)

After taking Duffy in the main draft, Fremantle again look to last year's crop with Nelson. He was unlucky to miss last year, and this year he has really improved his game and can no longer be considered 'vanilla'. He has managed to combine his excellent natural speed with his ball winning ability, and has a great season in the WAFL seniors. He'll never get to that level, but he does play a little like Marc Murphy.

8. Collingwood - Tom Langdon (189cm defender - Sandringham)

Along with the last four selections, Langdon was the one I was surprised about. Thought he could go as early as the second round, although maybe a lack of leg speed let him down? He has a strong body for an 18 year old, and can play both on small and tall forwards. Alternatively, he can go through the midfield and impact the stoppages. In my previous mock, I compared him to Adam McPhee and I think it still stands.

9. Adelaide - Nick Joyce (184cm midfielder - Adelaide)

Obviously Adelaide have to select Nick Joyce again, what with being the whole sacrificial lamb and all that. If this was a live pick and they weren't 100% committed, I doubt I'd be looking at Joyce myself. Think there are better players out there, but oh well.

10. Sydney - Kurt Tippett (203cm forward - Adelaide)

Tippett gets to Sydney, as everone always knew would happen (despite what Sheedy would love). He'll be a great fit for the Swans, and will only make them stronger. I reckon Sam Reid will be the biggest benefactor from all of this, no longer will he get the best defender plus he can run up the ground more.

Round 2

11. GWS - Dean Brogan (201cm ruckman - GWS)

Old Brogan is back again. Considering what they are after (stop gap ruckmen) he is probably as good as they would get anywhere.

12. Richmond - Jack Hannath (200cm ruckman - Central Districts)

I considered Hannath the second best ruckman on offer this year, behind only Grundy. I much prefer him to Currie who went in the main draft. He started off as a tap ruckman with promise, but never had much of an impact around the ground despite his athletic ability. But he is looking better with every game he plays, and can now play at either end in addition to the ruck.

13. Carlton - Jarrod Lienert (192cm defender - Sturt)

Lienert was one of my favourite South Australian prospects all year, and was disappointed to see him miss out. He plays a bit like Paul Bower did at Carlton, in that he is more of that third tall defender. But Lienert has a better rebounding game, and has nice foot skills too. Can also go forward and take a strong mark. Maybe not a true KPP, but he has versatility.

14. Fremantle - Simon Deery (192cm defender - Gippsland)

Sticking with the theme of taking 19 year olds who were overlooked last year, Fremantle go with the versatile Deery. He played in the U18s as an overage player this year and performed well, however did have some injury issues. Last year he played largely as a defender, but this season he went forward with success. He is strong above his head, and has an excellent initial burst on the lead.

15. Sydney - Joel Tippett (196cm defender - West Adelaide)

Why not take the pair? Joel is probably more of a rookie pick, so maybe they would take Richards here and wait until the rookie draft to reunite the brothers. But Joel is an excellent athlete for someone his size, and he has also improved his body work this year. He was arguably the best full back in the SANFL this season, so while he hasn't made the most of his chances before he does deserve another on the back of what he produced this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie Draft

Round 1

1. GWS - Joseph Redfern (187cm forward - Sydney Hills)

Continuing with the trend of taking kids from NSW, GWS can have the medium forward/midfielder Redfern here. Only played a couple of games in the U18 Championships this year, but in both of them he was one of his teams better players up forward. He has quite a mature body, and he does use it to full effect.

2. Gold Coast - Leigh Osborne (182cm defender - Frankston)

22 year old half back who can run through the middle, Osborne has had a very good season in the VFL this year. Good speed and a nice long kick, he'll try to use both of those traits as often as possible when running out of the back lines. Could certainly see early game time next year as a defender.

3. Melbourne - Liam Flaherty (194cm forward - Eastlake)

As people would probably know by now, Flaherty is one of my favourites. And I would rate him as being the best key forward available in the rookie draft. He has strong hands, and a good running game - which has allowed him to push up from the forward line to the wings this season. He has performed well both as an overaged player in the U18s and against experienced bodies back home in NSW.

4. Western Bulldogs - Jarrod Stokes (174cm forward - Darwin)

Stokes might be the wrong side of 175cm, but he certainly isn't lacking in the excitement department. He has genuine leg speed, and would be one of the fastest players available. Also has clean hands and feet, even when moving at pace. Stick him in the forward line, and just let him work his magic.

5. Port Adelaide - Aseri Raikiwasa (191cm defender - Port Adelaide)

Missed out on being drafted last season, personally I thought he would go in the rookie draft without a doubt. But Raikiwasa has taken it all in his stride, and he became a fixture of the Port Adelaide league side at full back this year. He is a really strong kid, and has been able to more than hold his own against much more experienced players.

6. Brisbane - Jaryd Cachia (184cm midfielder - Norwood)

Considered unlucky by some to be delisted by Carlton, Cachia made the move to the SANFL and Norwood this year and it looks to be a great decision. The 21 year old is a genuine inside midfielder, who excels in the clearances and winning the contested ball. And unlike many mature aged midfielders, he does have the athletic ability to match his ball winning.

7. Richmond - Matthew Haynes (189cm midfielder - Northern Knights)

Haynes has always been one of the more interesting options this draft period. He started off highly rated as an underaged player, but slowly dropped off the pace - although he was still considered a top 25 chance by some this year. His main weapon is definitely his pace, so while he is solely an outside player, he has the weapons to make that work for him.

8. Essendon - Tom Fields (191cm defender - Labrador)

Wasn't sure if I was going to include Fields or not in my draft. Essendon have strongly hinted towards looking at him, but I'm not so sure. From what I saw of him this year, he does look to have improved his game over the last couple of years. So I figured I'd reward that, and put him in.

9. Carlton - Josh Scott (190cm forward - Gippsland)

Not a real flashy player, but a hard working forward and you'll know what you're getting from him every week. He is still only relatively skinny, but he doesn't seem to know that as he throws himself into packs - and actually, he tends to come down with the mark more often than not. Reminds me a little of Josh Mellington from Fremantle.

10. St Kilda - Nick Rodda (194cm defender - West Perth)

Arguably the best 18 year old defender to miss out in the main draft. So far in his career, his best his very good but his worst is very bad - which may be a reason why he was overlooked. But he is a big kid, with surprisingly decent speed and foot skills. At the moment, he looks to be a better defender closing from behind. But with some proper training, I see no reason why he couldn't begin to outwrestle opponents too.

11. North Melbourne - Jordan Bourke (193cm forward - Morningside)

Overlooked as a F/S option with Geelong and as a zone selection with the Suns, Bourke is still a genuine chance to find himself on a list for next season. Strong above his head and on the ground, Jordan is probably best suited to playing around the 50m mark as opposed to out of the goal square - where he can use his athleticism, as opposed to getting in one on one contests.

12. Geelong - Matthew Sully (196cm defender - Geelong)

The 20 year old KPD from Geelong isn't getting much attention after moving from the country this year, but I consider him to be the best mature aged defender in the draft. Not many players have his size, but also his attack on the ball. He'll throw himself into anything, and he has shown enough to suggest he can be involved in the rebounding game too.

13. Fremantle - Andrew Boston (180cm midfielder - Broadbeach)

I considered Boston to be one of Queensland's best players in this draft pool, but in the end only Cameron went as a zone selection to the Suns. He offers a nice mix of inside and outside ability, and has shown he is capable of going forward and getting on the scoreboard. As he is lacking a yard of pace, I think you'll have to mould him into an inside midfielder at AFL level but I can see him having some success in that role.

14. West Coast - Laine Wilkins (189cm forward - Peel)

Wilkins is another player who I was mildly surprised missed out in the draft. He has his fair share of knocks, largely around his defensive/contested game. But I thought what he offered would be enough to get him a look in. Excellent speed and spread, I think he would make an interesting winger at AFL level - one who could obviously go forward to good effect too.

15. Collingwood - Jack Frost (194cm defender - Williamstown)

Frost had some quite vocal supporters last season, and I expect he'll get looked at once again this year. He could easily lay claim to being the best mature aged KPD on offer. He started the season slowly due to offseason surgery, but came back strongly to beat most of the forwards he came up against.

16. Adelaide - Mason Middleton (191cm forward - West Adelaide)

The big full forward from SA, who I'm sure people know is one of my favourites. I've always doubted whether he gets drafted now, or in a couple of years once he starts to dominate the SANFL. Either way, it'll happen eventually. Really strong kid, who seems to have improved his endurance and running game with each game he plays.

17. Hawthorn - Jaydon Stiles (186cm forward - North Ballarat)

One of those tricky medium forwards, Stiles had a decent year this season in the TAC Cup averaging about a goal and a half per game. Doesn't get involved enough in games though, and needs to add consistency to his game - because he does have some talent.

18. Sydney - Xavier Richards (195cm defender - Sandringham)

Another 19 year old who was overlooked last year, Richards has made the move from the forward line to the back lines this year and it looks to be a good one. He has put on a lot of size this year, and has been able to use his running ability to get on the rebound too.

Round 2

19. GWS - Karl Merson (180cm forward - East Coast Eagles)

20. Gold Coast - Sam Heavyside (177cm midfielder - Bendigo)

21. Melbourne - Sam Gilmore (200cm ruckman - Northern Knights)

22. Western Bulldogs - Josh Porter (194cm forward - Murray Bushrangers)

23. Port Adelaide - Liam Jurrah (188cm forward - Melbourne)

24. Brisbane - Emmanual Irra (179cm defender - South Adelaide)

25. Richmond - Jason Williams (188cm midfielder - Port Melbourne)

26. Essendon - Ariel Steinberg (191cm forward - Essendon)

27. Carlton - Mitch van den Berg (190cm forward - North Launceston)

28. St Kilda - Adam Saad (177cm defender - Calder Cannons)

29. North Melbourne - Alex Howson (195cm forward - East Fremantle)

30. Geelong - Sam Lowrie (187cm midfielder - South Fremantle)

31. Fremantle - Matthew Taberner (197cm forward - Murray Bushrangers)

32. West Coast - Shannon Taylor (177cm midfielder - Claremont)

33. Collingwood - Ky Miller (190cm midfielder - South Adelaide)

34. Adelaide - Patrick Wilson (185cm defender - Sturt)

35. Hawthorn - Jason Pongracic (182cm midfielder - Dandenong)

36. Sydney - Brandon Jack (182cm midfielder - Pennant Hills)

Also rumors are going around that the crows have 3 PSD picks since we gave up 2 picks Leith Forrest has come out & said but i have not heard this myself.

I might wait until an official PSD order is released before I update it. Just easier that way. Although maybe Brisbane has made their late delisting with the intention to trump Essendon?

Just an FYI Chris, Suns are likely to pick up both Osborne and Boston in the RD.

I've already made the picks. One out of two isn't bad. ;)

Also rumors are going around that the crows have 3 PSD picks since we gave up 2 picks Leith Forrest has come out & said but i have not heard this myself.

I can't see how that would be possible.

Looking at the crows site player list is a bit confusing as it has not been updated

Anyway, it lists 42 players.

Doughty, Joyce, Knights, Symes & Tippett have to come off

McIntyre has to come off and put back on the Rookie List

Callinan is an upgraded rookie, but he is already listed in the 42 players on the senior list.

I'm guessing Johncock & Rutten will be on the Vets list

Angus Graham, Siggins & Atkins have to be added.

That leaves only one list spot free & that is committed to Joyce.

Plus the crows will have just one Rookie Draft pick, I believe.

Just an FYI Chris, Suns are likely to pick up both Osborne and Boston in the RD.

Boston will be a good rookie option. All Australian and a good athlete, could be something to work with.

Hope Uncle Sam gets picked up also. Probably the least talented off the trio of 25 year old delisted Tasmanians, but could provide some nice depth for a team that needs a hardworking inside mid.

First round of the rookie draft is up.

Do you think guys like Rodda and Howsen will get looked at? Was disappointed to see that Warrell was passed on and hope he finds a club

Rodda should get picked up as a rookie, Howson would probably be 50/50. But I'd be giving him a shot. Warrell is the interesting one, given his obvious talent I would be surprised if he was overlooked again. But you never know, especially with there being fewer rookie spots on offer this year.

someone would surely take josh toy too

I'm sure Richmond will take him. But they obviously want a ruckman too, so I thought I'd have them trump Melbourne and get Hannath in the PSD instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back