Your Ideas To Improve The Game

Remove this Banner Ad

The only problem with bringing technology in to look at diving/disallowed goals/offside etc is the time it takes.

How long would a game stop for? And if indeed the call is correct, and the opposing side can hit the team on the counter, but play is stopped, it's not really fair in that aspect.
Have the 4th official watching it live in a broadcast box talking to the man in charge. With 2-3 more angles available to him he'd still be making a somewhat live decision. There's often consultation between ref & linesman so it wouldn't effect the general flow of the game compared to now. It would also allow the linesman to focus on their main job calling offsides

I'd say 1 in 3 penalty calls there is some consultation between ref & linesman. Wouldn't effect the overall game flow all that much

Only problem is a lot clubs (e.g. Hull) won't have the talent coming through or squad size to do this. Can't be having games with say City/Chelsea with a 23 man squad with heaps of U21 internaitonals on the bench vs a Hull with a 19/20 man squad with a few kids who will at best carve out League 2 careers

Scrap FFP. Why should clubs like Palace or a fallen giant like Leeds be allowed to get millions pumped in ala City & Chelsea. Just leave things as an open market and see what happens. All these regulations do is protect those currently in power from new sides joining the big table

Have cheerleaders. That way when we play Chelsea, Terry will be distracted and we might actually beat them.

Not sure how they'd do it (maybe minimum contract terms) but something to encourage players spending longer at clubs and not 6 months here, 6 months there. I think the players are starting to get too much power over the clubs these days.

Why? Assuming that there is still only 3 substitutes per match, the most likely substitutes are still going to be over 21.

All it would mean is that they're 'included' in the match day squad.

yes, but if you're beating a team 3-0 with 15 mins to go it encourages the opportunity to give the kid 15 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As mentioned in the first post, start by carding, sending off and suspending players who dive. From a casual sports fan's point of view, it makes a very good sport an absolute joke. Would greatly increase the sport's credibility in my opinion.

Another rule I wouldn't mind seeing is that keepers are not allowed to pick up the ball if they bring it into their own box.

Golden goal was awful, no idea why you'd want to bring it back.

It's penalty shootouts that I have a problem with, I don't like it when matches are decided in that way.

Current extra time rules until the 120th minute and then golden goal is fine too, just get rid of penalty shootouts.

Bring back golden goal and play until someone scores. No penalty shootouts.
No, no, no, no, no!

This is what I'd like.

League - Over after 90
League Cup - PSO after 90
FA Cup (before Wembley) - Over after 90, replay at away team, over after 90, replay at neutral ground, PSO after 90
FA Cup (Wembley) - 30 minutes extra time (15 each way) continuous until a result is final. So if 0-0 after 90, 1-1 after 120, more OT, 1-1 after 150, more OT. etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back