Traded Zac Smith to Geelong [traded to Geelong for #49 and #53]

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules stipulate only 1 future pick can be traded per draft period? Hinges on dangerfield as well.

You can trade either your future first rounder or any other combination of future picks, so that could be second and third rounders, etc.

Not enough fit ones. We have several number 2 rucks but only 1 genuine number 1 ruck, Dawson Simpson. I suspect this spells the end for Simpson and Mcintosh has already retired. I think Smith will team up well with Stanley as they are both fairly mobile

Stanley is clear best 22 but his most damaging role will be as a relief ruck who can play forward (David Hale style).

Vardy is viewed as a forward prospect but his injury history - 24 games in six years - means we can't be too optimistic that he'll get through a full season.

Blicavs has played his career best football as a midfielder - he got two Brownlow votes this season tagging Pendlebury - and has only played ruck in the past two years out of necessity with McIntosh/Simpson injured for long periods.

Even as a midfielder Blicavs still acts as a ruckman at ball ups and throw ins albeit often as third man up getting 10-20 hitouts per game. This tactic worked really well for Geelong in the games I seen this year. Both Stanley and Blicavs are quite mobile and can play other roles, so there's certainly space in the side for another ruckman. Smith who's also not that lumbering would be a great option.

It seems like 2015 first rounder + Murdoch for Danger
2016 first rounder for Henderson
Scooter might not be matched

That leaves us with our 2015 second rounder for Zac Smith. Should be enough to get it done?

That leaves us with our 2015 second rounder for Zac Smith. Should be enough to get it done?

If your 2nd round pick this year is around 30, I don't think that will be enough tbh.
Don't forget, you must have 3 selections in the national draft also.

That won't be enough. Next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your 2nd round pick this year is around 30, I don't think that will be enough tbh.
Any 3 selections? Because we'll be getting a later pick for Jansen, and potentially one for Walker if he's not part of the Henderson trade

AFL.com seem to think a 3rd round pick would be enough, which I thought was odd. But I don't see how pick 28 (which is now gone anyway) would not have been good enough

GC will have Pick 3, 10, 19 & 22 this year. Don't think a third round cuts it without a player involved.

GC will have Pick 3, 10, 19 & 22 this year. Don't think a third round cuts it without a player involved.
Might try to swap a pick for one in next year's draft (we won't be able to trade any of our own if we're giving up our first round for Henderson). Don't Gold Coast need 2016 picks for academy players?

Suns will surely want a pick next year.

2016 2nd most likely, unless the Cats need our pick 22 this year, and we push for next years Cats Rd1.

Ie. Smith & 22 for Cats 2016 Rd1.

If that 22 + Walker got us Henderson, I'd be very happy

Dangerfield - compo

Henderson - Walker and pick 28

Selwood - compo

Smith - next years second round pick.

Bob's your uncle.

Great call mate. You've already lost this year's first and second and next year's first and you don't even have Smith yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back