• Van Demons

Votes: 19 6.0%
  • Devils

Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only is "Devils" the obvious choice, but the other two are already in use (or almost so).

Haha, Hawaii is more American than they'd like to admit.

This guy was the classic white jarhead, in fact you could pretty much see the split between groups of people...genuine Hawaiians keeping to themselves, and everyone else either being white American or a tourist...we were even warned not to go to certain places, in case we were attacked by locals with a grudge against the USA...

must a tassie team be called something relating to the region (devils, tigers)? couldnt it be something different?

pirates?

Usually not, but when you have a region as unique as Tasmania, yes. Yes you do.

Pirates? Seriously, how could that be a good mascot to a Tasmanian team? May as well call them the Pontiffs.

I like that one. Was actually a name I was thinking of myself. :thumbsu:

Not trying to sound condescending, but I think it's worth weighing my opinion in here.

People who think that using an American mascot, no matter how nonsensical, irrelevant, or flat out crap it may be, simply for the sake of using an American mascot, is ‘cool’ or in any other way somehow fitting, are unimaginative and have small minds. I hate them.

There. I said it.

Unfortunately the best names are either taken (Tigers) or sound similar to other names (Devils - Demons, Mariners - Dockers). Heard Tassie Islanders once which sounded pretty good although not a strong sounding mascot. But yeah ideally Devils is the best (with an actual Tasmanian Devil as the mascot)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie Pirates.

Everyone secretly wants to be a pirate.

Not me.

I'm more into mutant ninja space pirates with lasers.

But I suppose pirates are a bit cool too, in a quaint kind of way.

EDIT: Why is the mascot pirate being suggested for every new club? Fremantle, Port, GC, and now Tas.

Unfortunately the best names are either taken (Tigers) or sound similar to other names (Devils - Demons, Mariners - Dockers). Heard Tassie Islanders once which sounded pretty good although not a strong sounding mascot. But yeah ideally Devils is the best (with an actual Tasmanian Devil as the mascot)

Couldn't see why they couldn't use both, although I understand someone overseas might think that they are the same thing.

Not trying to sound condescending, but I think it's worth weighing my opinion in here.

People who think that using an American mascot, no matter how nonsensical, irrelevant, or flat out crap it may be, simply for the sake of using an American mascot, is ‘cool’ or in any other way somehow fitting, are unimaginative and have small minds. I hate them.

There. I said it.
*Applause* :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Back to topic, it'd more than likely be called the Devils, even though the current VFL side are known as that and aren't very popular (moreso because of who owns/runs them) but I think the kids would definitely jump on board with that.
With that, design something a little more classy than that ridiculous current Devils logo for the VFL side.
Looks like two seasick cats spewing their guts up out the side of a bucket. Shitful.
Designed by a Victorian that was, a bloke called Peter Ricci who played for Clarence and won the contract to design it at the time when Football Tasmania was really Football Clarence.
That jumper and logo should be burnt.
I suppose you could have the Robins, Seagulls etc.

Pirates? :eek: "Yeah piss orf backta Tassie ya *****en poo-poirates!"
Pass :thumbsdown:

Any Tasmanian side would have to be called the Pushmepullyous I reckon.

After all everybody down here has two heads right! :D

Back