News Yarran to debut against the hawkers: NOVA FM

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he should come in a couple weeks but it will be exciting to see him play

The only in I can think of is Hadley. I would love to have Yarran roaming the forward 50 and kicking freakish goals, but Hadley is much more needed against the Hawks. His big body and tackling pressure in the middle is important.

Spot on diesel. Hadley's top priority to counter the Hawk's inside game. Be great to see Yazz continue to perform and add that x-factor for us soon too. :thumbsu:

boys you say that you want hadlee in for his pressure and tackling, im not really on the yarran bandwagon, have been saying he should be in the 2s for a fair while, but the kid laid 10 tackles or something on the weekend.

i think yaz is getting his work rate and endurance up, and i am starting to sway and think that having yarran and betts in the same forward line looks very very very tasty.

if yarran doesnt come in bring in banno i think.

Those in contention this week are obviously Yarran, Robinson, Hadley, Grigg, and even Bentley - he was mentioned by Ratten. Out of that list, Yarran is the one that will add an extra dimension to the current team. He may only play a few games in a row at this stage, because of fitness and consistency, but the taste of the tempo at this level will be invaluable. It's also nice having so many midfielders on standby - puts real pressure on those in the starting 22 to perform. :)

I'm expecting Hadley to come in.

I reckon he was left out against the dogs because of his lesser leg-speed, which would have been seen as more of a factor against the dogs. Unsurprisingly, the dogs beat us at the clearances.

I really think we need Hadley as an extra strong-bodied contested ball winner.

The Hawks basically bash our blokes around when we play them, and I think Hadley is extra important for that reason. Bannister would be good for the same reason.

I think leave Yazza's debut for another opponent.

I'm expecting Hadley to come in.

I reckon he was left out against the dogs because of his lesser leg-speed, which would have been seen as more of a factor against the dogs. Unsurprisingly, the dogs beat us at the clearances.

I really think we need Hadley as an extra strong-bodied contested ball winner.

The Hawks basically bash our blokes around when we play them, and I think Hadley is extra important for that reason. Bannister would be good for the same reason.

I think leave Yazza's debut for another opponent.

Wouldn't mind Bannister in the team to try nullify Hodge’s impact.

Or

Cloke got hammered last time around. So I would have Cloke and Setanta rucking, and maybe leave Kruzer in the forward line for majority of the game.

Sorry guys i know the kid hasnt played a game yet, and i know he has potential(but which player doesnt), i just cant see the upside to this kid, ever since we drafted him i was negative about picking him up saying things like "oh great we got a Ashley Sampi"

I would love to be proven wrong but i just get a negative feel about this kid
please why dont you all tell me what you see in him to warrant such hype around him.

Thanks guys,

Sorry guys i know the kid hasnt played a game yet, and i know he has potential(but which player doesnt), i just cant see the upside to this kid, ever since we drafted him i was negative about picking him up saying things like "oh great we got a Ashley Sampi"

please why dont you all tell me what you see in him to warrant such hype around him.

Thanks guys,

Watch his Highlight reel.

Thanks guys,

He is a quick thinker , he kicks straight , he is a quick runner , he can tackle hard, he can kick goals , he can mark
he lacks confidence right now , he is a scared football player ..scared of the bigger players hurting him .
Having said that , its up to the coaches to fix his problems along with Yarran himself.He needs a massive dose of confidence .
If they fix them you will have an amazing footballer.

i just cant see the upside to this kid, ever since we drafted him i was negative about picking him up saying things like "oh great we got a Ashley Sampi"

Thanks guys,
Why should we bother?

You have clearly got some bug up your butt about small forwards, and probably had your heart set on someone else (Rich? Ziebell?).

Nothing written here will convince you until he starts to deliver......not the fact that skill wise we rated him 1 in the draft.......not the fact that he kicked 70 odd goals in the WAFL (that's senior footy) last year, not the fact that he is a good mark, blistering pace and reads the drop of the ball very well.....oh, and did I mention loves to lay a tackle.........none of this will convince you, because all of this was known prior to you deciding that he was no good.

We'll just have to wait until he plays senior footy.

Has everyone forgotten what Betts was like his first couple of seasons?
Has everyone forgotten Yarran broke his wrist in the post season and missed some pre-season.......

He won't come in this week. Hopefully he puts on another couple of brilliant displays with the Ants and debuts vs Pies in a few weeks time.......big stage, big game......and they have really crappy small defenders.:thumbsu:

strategy said:
scared of the bigger players hurting him
Evidence?
Would he not have got found out more at WAFL level than VFL if this was the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek::eek::eek:

I think the WAFL might need to have a good hard look at their statisticians who missed the other 41 :p

39 in 13 games, still not too shabby ;)
..........sure.......if you don't count the pre-game shots........he nailed heaps of those.:p:eek:

Isn't that perseveration???

if you dont' know what that is, ask Thy ;):p

No.....for an example of perseveration you need to revisit the Cotchin vs Kreuzer threads........or anything involving Bryce Gibbs in Bay 13.........actually almost any thread in Bay 13. ;)

Im almost dreading his debut.

Or at best I have an almost morbid anticipation of it.

Im fearing the content of some posts in here unless he kicks 5 and lays a dozen tackles. He'll get written off as a dud after 1 game (I mean a substantial number of people are already writing him off after zero games!)

The circus will just change tents.

And of course if he does play a blinder, we'll have another Andrew Walker situation if he doesnt back it up immediately and regularly.

He's screwed either way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back