Suspended
May 30, 2009
Etihad or MCG
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Newcastle United
Think about it, today 2 things happened:

Lloyd: finished on an great career and ended his time at the dons on a high, positive note

Fevola: a absolute pig that cant even control himself from drinking at the brownlow, fined 10,000

This just shows the class of our team and the rubbishness of the blues:thumbsu:

Anyone agree?

Re: Lloyd VS Fevola

To be perfectly honest, I've not bothered to listen to the full story about Fev. I haven't heard anyone get hurt or anyone's property get damaged. I think it must be a slow news week.

Is it just me or are we painfully politically correct? I thought it was the Aussie way to make a complete ass of ourselves?

Look, I don't like Fevola, he's cheated on his wife, that's enough for me but if all he's done is get blind drink and spew up, I do it once a month (except for the spewing though I have been known to - plus I did it more often than once a month when I was a little younger, recovery takes too long these days! :D).

• Banned

To be perfectly honest, I've not bothered to listen to the full story about Fev. I haven't heard anyone get hurt or anyone's property get damaged. I think it must be a slow news week.

Is it just me or are we painfully politically correct? I thought it was the Aussie way to make a complete ass of ourselves?

Look, I don't like Fevola, he's cheated on his wife, that's enough for me but if all he's done is get blind drink and spew up, I do it once a month (except for the spewing though I have been known to - plus I did it more often than once a month when I was a little younger, recovery takes too long these days! :D).

The thing is The Donners, you are not a high-profile player that is a role model for children

The thing is The Donners, you are not a high-profile player that is a role model for children

With all due respect this is the exact political correctness I'm talking about. What the hell is this country turning into? No disrespect to you, I just think you've been institutionalised.

What children would've been watching the Brownlow? Do parents not give their children curfews anymore?

When I was a child my parents were my role models, no one else.

I think the issue is more that he is a representative of the sponsors whenever he goes out in public, and the sponsors will not tolerate a negative image surrounding a club (see WCE), and hence put pressure on the club to punish players for what would be a nothing story if I, or The Donners or any other member of the general public did it.

Thing is that children love footy and go and see there stars play each week, not every child has a role model, but im sure there are some children to look up to fev

Thing is that children love footy and go and see there stars play each week, not every child has a role model, but im sure there are some children to look up to fev

I appreciate your point. Perhaps you should remind the media of this very fact as it is they who plaster it over our tv screens.

Fev is a footballer with more raw talent than Lloyd. Not by much - Lloyd is a great of the game in every respect including natural ability - but Fevola is a freak.

OTOH Lloyd is a guy who stands out through his leadership by example, his honest manner of speaking and his work ethic. I'm in my thirties, and I am not too proud, to say that he is a guy I honestly look up to in every respect.

Fevola on the other hand? Overgrown teenager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue is more that he is a representative of the sponsors whenever he goes out in public, and the sponsors will not tolerate a negative image surrounding a club (see WCE), and hence put pressure on the club to punish players for what would be a nothing story if I, or The Donners or any other member of the general public did it.

dont let me get in the way of your board randomly bagging fevola for no apparent reason for something completly irrelevent to Essendon, but are you comparing fevola getting drunk at the brownlow to the West Coast Eagles players who were dealt with by the WCE board for being drug addicts, If you are suggesting that getting drunk at an event in the off season should have the same punishment as having a serious drug addiction then "Ben The Gooner", you are seriously deluded!

Re: Fevola moral thread

How bloody convenient. Any club with a spine would've moved Fevola on by now.

Sheahan summed it perfectly with this:

Yep. Because he's bloody Fevola. Take him out of the team and they would've been/would be out of finals contention for ten years. Literally.
Yeah agreed. What's sad is that Fev knows this. He'll never grow up and he'll keep acting like a twat and he'll still be playing footy in 3-4 years time.

Carlton fans will think this is an attack on Fevola but it's not. It's an attack on the club and it's warrented IMO.

What he did Brownlow night doesn't seem that bad, but when you are trying to turn a reputation around you have to work twice as hard. Fev's just rollin with it, it seems.

However, I don't think it's at all fair the scrutiny AFL players come under. If us, the ones on the end of the media, ignored the s**t their s**t-stirring stirs up, then Fev would barely have the reputation that he's got, and this sorta thing wouldn't be news. Role models-shmoll models. 90% the 'horrible' things AFL players do wouldn't be seen by children if the media weren't out there actively and intrusively looking for it.

Pragmatically though, Fev is a dumbarse.

Over all, I don't give a toss. Except to the extent that allows me to post this, I guess.

From what I saw I didn;t think his antics were too bad but if it was an Essendon player I would have been extremly embarressed.

Apparently quite a bit went on after the Brownlow which wasn't too good though which included

- Slapping Nathan Brown in the face and giving him a blood nose.
- Have an argument with a channel 9 Executive when he was pulled from his Brownlow street talk.
- Telling Judd and a Carlton official to f**k off when they told him to stop drinking.

Although he is a gun player it can;t be too good for the Blues going forward to have this bloke in the team.

Fair dinkum people....Fevola is a footy player not a bloody priest. who gives a rats clacker if the bloke gets pised and makes an ass of himself. if he can live with it good luck to him.

With all due respect this is the exact political correctness I'm talking about. What the hell is this country turning into? No disrespect to you, I just think you've been institutionalised.

What children would've been watching the Brownlow? Do parents not give their children curfews anymore?

When I was a child my parents were my role models, no one else.

Sorry to interject - semi-off-topic - but ...

It is a myth that it is the Australian way to be an obnoxious piss-head. Only a small minority of people engage in this kind of behaviour (13.4% according to the ABS).

And those few people cost the community $5437 each per year ($15.3 billion according to the SA government distributed amongst 13.4% of Australia's 21 million people). That's $729 per year that every person in Australia has to pay in order to keep the 13.4% in their habit. That's $2187 per year from my household of three non-drinkers; it takes two such households to support just one person in the 13.4%.

So think about that when you go out for your monthly vomit. And next time you start spouting this garbage, remember that it's the alcohol industry speaking through your mouth.

Rant over. *sigh*

It is a myth that it is the Australian way to be an obnoxious piss-head. Only a small minority of people engage in this kind of behaviour (13.4% according to the ABS).

And those few people cost the community $5437 each per year ($15.3 billion according to the SA government distributed amongst 13.4% of Australia's 21 million people). That's $729 per year that every person in Australia has to pay in order to keep the 13.4% in their habit. That's $2187 per year from my household of three non-drinkers; it takes two such households to support just one person in the 13.4%.

So think about that when you go out for your monthly vomit. And next time you start spouting this garbage, remember that it's the alcohol industry speaking through your mouth.

Rant over. *sigh*

lol wowser....get over yourself...there is no crime in having a drink

lol wowser....get over yourself...there is no crime in having a drink

Hey I said "rant".

As far as "get over yourself" goes, I'm just voicing my side of the argument as strongly as people on the other side of the argument do. I don't recall saying that drinking was a crime.

dont let me get in the way of your board randomly bagging fevola for no apparent reason for something completly irrelevent to Essendon, but are you comparing fevola getting drunk at the brownlow to the West Coast Eagles players who were dealt with by the WCE board for being drug addicts, If you are suggesting that getting drunk at an event in the off season should have the same punishment as having a serious drug addiction then "Ben The Gooner", you are seriously deluded!

If your teacher can help you, try reading it again.:rolleyes:

relax..you are entitled to your opinion as am I....

and sorry I did miss the 'rant' bit of the post

Anyway....far be it from us to judge others unless we are oursleves squeaky clean. Let Fevola play Footy and who cares what he does off the field...no one got hurt..maybe a few noses out of joint...he copped his 10k wack from the club. The man is sitting back laughing...as the old saying goes...'any publicity is good publicity'.

Rant over. *sigh*

How much tax do those drinkers pay?

As for your stats, what a load of s**t, it's been reducing because of political correctness and the fact that we've become such a diverse community of cultures these days that we're losing our identity. I don't have any statistics for that but if you don't think it's true your head is firmly stuck up your arse!

The Australian way WAS care-free and liberal......... it's all gone due to bureaucrasy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back