St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
The Official BIG rule is now:

Headline
link
Excerpt up to a paragraph
link

No more, unless you have specific remarks about specific paragraphs or sentences in which case:

Your comment
More comment

Entire articles or large slabs of articles are not to be posted.

What happened there? I type up a reply, the phone rings, I make a coffee and than I am unable to post? Why not just amend the offending post?

AS to HarryTiger I was able to cut and paste my reply.

You give political parties too much credit. They are vote winners, that's all. If the populace wanted an asteroid defence shield they'd be working on that too. It's like The Simpson's, Springfield was terrorized by bears (1) so they implemented bear patrols. Ultimately if they don't give the majority what they want they are voted out and the party more in tune with the electorate gets in. The ETS is a Labor policy don't speak as though all the others support it.

1st highlighted point. Really? That's all? So why all the "Left Right Left Right" accusations that I see around here and elsewhere as the defining differences of the 2 major parties in this country? I might actually agree with you in the case of Abbott who has indeed changed his mind on the ETS to gain votes. Be that as it may I was under the impression that the major parties did stand for some things that are differant from each other.

On the 2nd highlighted point if I may quote myself
Surely, for example, the ALP is on an absolute hiding to nothing in future elections by pining themselves to Global Warming if they were not concerned that something is happening. Even if the likes of you and I think that the ETS is misguided the accusation of "tax" is easy to throw and would be a populist winner with the electorate. Why would they bother with such a policy that could possibly have them thrown out of office and then be unelectable for a generation?

I ask you to re read that and let me know were I said that I "speak as though all the others support it."

If the first post in a thread is deleted, the whole thread is deleted. The starter post was way too big to bother editing and if the content is deleted there's nothing there to discuss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back