Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

It would also depend on what that first round pick is... IMO it would need to be a pick between 5-10 and a decent player who would go straight into their best 22.

Isn't that what WCE got for Judd?

That's a more realistic trade, Mark.

I don't think it is, Boak has a much higher trade value than Monfries.

Quarterly List Review - 3 Players to delist/trade/retire

Time for the Quarterly List Review...

I am not sure if there is a change to the rule that we have to draft minimum three players during National Draft this year, due the Gold Coasters coming in.

Been thinking about which three players (or more) it might be.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Core Young and Senior Players – Probably Untouchables[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Davey, Dempsey, Gumbleton, Hille, Hocking, Hooker, Hurley, Lovett-Murray, McVeigh, Monfries, Pears, Prismall, Reimers, Ryder, Slattery H, Stanton, Zaharakis,Watson, Welsh, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Williams M & Winderlich[/FONT]

Questionable: Davey

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Youngsters who should and would be retained[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Atkinson, Bellchambers, Carlisle, Colyer, Daniher, Hardingham, Houli, Howlett, Lonergan, Long, Melksham, Neagle, Slattery T & Still[/FONT]

Questionable: Atkinson

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Possible Retirement[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Fletcher (Though I hope he will go on).[/FONT]

So the possible delistings or Trade Baits in my opinion are...

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Trade Baits [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dyson, Jetta, Laycock & Myers[/FONT]

Dyson might be worth something in the market. Can hold on to Jetta as Sheedy might be interested later on for GWS. Laycock might be worth something for Hawthorn or Geelong, with talks of us snaring another Daniher in the draft.

Though I feel like if Houli doesn't get enough games, he might ask to be traded.

So who do you think it might be?

Re: Quarterly List Review - 3 Players to delist/trade/retire

Houli - Might ask for a trade, not getting games.
Laycock - Might ask for trade, not getting games.
Myers - Trade, hasn't shown enough.
Jetta - Trade, hasn't shown enough.
Atkinson - If he keeps playing like he did against Hawthorn he stays.

Isn't that what WCE got for Judd?

They got Josh Kennedy (pick 4 in 2005), picks 3 and 20.

I don't think it is, Boak has a much higher trade value than Monfries.

Yep :thumbsu: Monfries may be a sweetener with a high first round pick, but a straight swap is a ridiculous suggestion.

1st rounder + Houli?

1st rounder + Laycock? Maybe chuck in another pick as well.

I think we should be interested in both Boak & Gray. Boak is the classy inside/outside midfielder with a bit of zip that we crave, whilst Gray is a goal kicking midfielder/forward who can win his own ball & is strong overhead.

To get Boak we would probably need to use our first pick in the 2010 draft (e.g. pick 12 if we finish 12th in 2010) + Myers (this is the last season he will still have trade value if he doesn't perform) & perhaps even our second pick (approx 31) as well. Not sure what the asking price for Gray would be?

gray will walkout on port to. haha they got owned. poor williams.

boak to adelaide, gray to adelaide.. port receive nothing.

I have connections to the family in Torquay. I'll see what I can do :cool:

They'd be asking for a 1st Rounder, which I'd give up in a heartbeat. They'd also want either a KPP or ruckman, so that would either be Bellchambers (although he'd need to play a few decent games in the seniors this year to even have them interested), or somebody like Hooker. If Neagle comes on, meaning we'd have Pears/Hurley in defence and Gumby/Neagle up forward, I'd do it. You have to give up something to get something.

Ideally, we could get away with giving them a 1st rounder + Still/Carlisle, and given their history of taking spuds for picks, you never know.. But you'd think it'd be unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon has been linked to him in the past. He is a quality kid and I would be happy us trading our 2nd round pick for him. With the draft concessions this year I may even be happy trading our first.

We'd have to give a first round + player - for sure.

Or come to the party with one of our untouchable talls.

No chance of him coming to Essendon.

The only players at the club I wouldn't trade for him are:

Ryder
Stanton
Watson
Gumby
Hurly
Pears
Melksham
Zaharakis

The rest could all be included in either a player for player or player plus draft pick deal.

We'd have to give a first round + player - for sure.

Or come to the party with one of our untouchable talls.

No chance of him coming to Essendon.

I don't see that as the case at all. We have plenty on our list that have solid value:

Winderlich
Monfries
Reimers
Hille
Prismall
Myers

Would all hold strong currency and wouldn't require a high draft pick in addition.

I don't see that as the case at all. We have plenty on our list that have solid value:

Winderlich
Monfries
Reimers
Hille
Prismall
Myers

Would all hold strong currency and wouldn't require a high draft pick in addition.

Winderlich
Prismall
Gus
Reimers

Would all have currency - but there's no way Port would select a straight swap for any of them. Boak is on his way to becoming an elite midfielder - There are serious doubts on all these players becoming top shelf.

At the top of a hat.

Watson
Stanton
Ryder
Hille
Hurley
Pears
Gumbleton
Winderlich
Monfries
McVeigh

Fletcher not included due to age.

Who would be in EFC's top 10 players?
Top 10 performers over the last say 3 years, or 10 players we could least afford to lose?

If the latter:

Watson
Stanton
Pears
Hurley
Gumbleton
Zaharakis
Ryder

Then simply to make up the numbers:

Hooker
Dempsey
Melksham/Reimers

I say we get Chocko to do draft week with Port, then a week later announce he's coming to Essendon.

Problem solved.

Rumours surround Port Adelaide's interest in Ryan Griffen. If Travis Boak is going to leave rest assured there'll be a multitude of trade options floated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back