Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Boak -> Essendon?

Boak would cost a first round pick and a player.

He is a first rounder who has just found his feet and will be a star.

Go for him Dons.

Boak would cost a first rounder and a player.

He is a first rounder who has just found his feet and will be a star.

Go for him Dons.
This.

It will take our first rounder with a decent B-grade player.

It would also depend on what that first round pick is... IMO it would need to be a pick between 5-10 and a decent player who would go straight into their best 22.

Or he could just nominate in the pre season draft and could refuse to do a medical with Richmond and Adelaide so Essendon can get him.

He might be worth a first round draft pick but don't forget he's out of contract as well.

Manager holding off until mid-year to allow his value to rise..... Below is what was said by Boak and Port two months ago....

Boak Set to Stay
"I love it over here in Adelaide. I'm really enjoying it and I don't want to go anywhere. I'd be happy to stay as long as I can and with a young group coming through at the club, it's going to be fantastic to be a part of that."
<snip>

"Funnily enough I was actually only talking to Travis' manager on Tuesday and he's assured me Trav's not going anywhere," Rohde said.
Boak Set to Stay

Or he could just nominate in the pre season draft and could refuse to do a medical with Richmond and Adelaide so Essendon can get him.

There's this team with an unlimited bank balance called the Gold Coast who might have something to say about that.

Manager holding off until mid-year to allow his value to rise..... Below is what was said by Boak and Port two months ago....

Boak Set to Stay

Boak Set to Stay
Yeah that was touched upon in the second link. We'll have to wait n see then as to whether his circumstances change mid year.

Yeah that was touched upon in the second link. We'll have to wait n see then as to whether his circumstances change mid year.

My read, is that once we have signed either Boak or Robbie Gray, the other will follow. Both mates, both same manager, and live together.
Both have stated they want to stay, but both are young players on the up, and would be looking to increase their value.... (and both are doing everything right to increase their paypacket :) )

i'd think that by late July, if Port are still tracking OK on field, and theres no coaching issues, they would be signed.

I imagine it's a typical May trade/contract article... gimme more $... and won't amount to much.

Essendon has been linked to him in the past. He is a quality kid and I would be happy us trading our 2nd round pick for him. With the draft concessions this year I may even be happy trading our first.
I can't imagine us getting anything better for a first-rounder, and would be happy to.
He was pick 5 in a good draft and has barely put a foot wrong. He's what we need.

We'd need to cough up 1st rounder + ...
I doubt they'd rate any of our fringers that highly, but they did plump up some sort of pick for Nash and Jay Shultz last year; so perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very rare to get a good mid at his age but ya never know....

...IF he is keen to ome back i'd be more than happy to offer our 1st & 2nd round picks for Boak.
We have so much young talent on the list that surely we're better off getting one 21 yr old that we know is what we need, rather than speculate with another 2 and hope that come good in a few years.

and IF he wanted to come home, i think Port would be crazy not to accept a first and second round pick also....

Don't think we've been aggressive enough at times in the past so i'd love to see us go hard for a quality mid this year or next.

Essendon should trade their first rounder plus a fringe player for Boak in a heartbeat. Although I can't see him leaving Adelaide, as players rarely leave their clubs. Judd is the only player to have gone home who was in the peak of his career, at least that I can think of in the last few years.

After we gave them Wanganeen for FA in return, they owe us big.

Give them Bock and a 5th rounder.

Boak would be a costly trade if it came to that and Port are traditionally very hard to deal with. They stick to their guns. I'd imagine what Port would want is a young and up and coming ruckmen.

I'd say wait a year (or is it 2?) and snag a few 25-27 year old ready to go midfielders once the free agency comes in. Not sure who will be available then, but you never know who might come up. A Nathan Foley, Jarrad McVeigh or Deledio etc could be the way to go and we wouldn't have to exchange anything for them.

It'd be a first rounder in a normal draft, let alone this one.

How about second rounder and one of our numerous tall prospects?

Try and be realistic with your suggestions.

If Gray went to GC for $$$.

Boak for Monfries could be win-win for both teams.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get rid of Monfries but you have to give to get. We seem to have an abundance of forward pocket/half forward flankers.

it won't happen, he will sign on and I'd say he will be at Port for he's entire footy life, consdering the clubs about 2-3 off another premiership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back