Carlton looking for a Key Position Defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Delusional to think that Murph or Gibbs would get you thinking - and even more ironic coming from a poster called Brent Prismall.

Anyway, I think Carlton are looking for someone with more experience.

Alright maybe I worded it wrong but what I meant was that we wouldn't accept anything less than Murphy or Gibbs. What my name has to do with this is beyond me but then again its hard to know what goes through Carlton's supporters minds :confused:

The Bombers are a rabble and the wheels have totally fallen off so i doubt there would be many Essendon players that we would be interested in as only a handfull would even make our best 22.

Shaun Mckernan and James Sellar would be the only ones you would be looking at I would think.

Mckernan pick 28 - 2008 : Rated very highly by the club but has not yet shown anything at AFL level.

Sellar pick 14 - 2006: Initially looked very promising but has plateaued out and not really gone to the next level. Really needed an extra inch or two so that he could have been an AFL ruckman.

So my guess is Carlton would not give it's first rounder in a compromised draft which would be pick 18 or something. Meanwhile Adelaide would probably not take it even if it was offered, citing the time KPPs take to develop and the resources they have already invested in the two. This shows the gap to be closed between club expectations which would need to occur for a trade to go a head.

Neil Craig has said he wants running midfielders and everyone knows a classy crumbing small forward at Tippet's feet would be nice. Be willing to give up a player in either of these ilks will be the only way you will net a KPP is my guess.
Adelaide would jump at our first pick or pick 18 if we offered it to them for Sellar.

JS is still just 21, yet he hasn't developed as quickly as Davis who was impressive from his first game this year.

Sellar's price would be low because he's played just 11 games in two years.

Sellar has played just two games this year, so that's all you can judge him on to date.

I doubt that we would even offer up our Walker who is a running midfielder.

The Bombers are a rabble and the wheels have totally fallen off so i doubt there would be many Essendon players that we would be interested in as only a handfull would even make our best 22.

Dream on flog.

Pears, Hurley, Hooker, Gumbleton, Ryder, Watson and Stanton would easily make you're best 22 :thumbsu:

Shaun Mckernan and James Sellar would be the only ones you would be looking at I would think.

Mckernan pick 28 - 2008 : Rated very highly by the club but has not yet shown anything at AFL level.

Sellar pick 14 - 2006: Initially looked very promising but has plateaued out and not really gone to the next level. Really needed an extra inch or two so that he could have been an AFL ruckman.

I think either would be of some interest to Carlton. Mind you if Bock does move on it changes the landscape al ittle at Adelaide. Davis looks like he will be a ripper, though you would like a little more KPD coverage given his age.

No need to troll in the first place...even less need to respond.
Can't at least one board on here be free of all this shit?

Mate, this board is a flog parade at this time of year. This year, it's West Coast on the bottom:

"Nicoski + Wilkes + McKinley + 4th rounder for Ablett/Brown/Riewoldt/Judd etc."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious candidate would be Tarrant, but another would be Matt Spangher. Is reasonably promising and would be at he's peak in a few years when Carlton will be challenging for a flag. WC have lots of players that play the same position, and last year Carlton stated their interest in him, so it seems a very possible scenario.

West Coast would obviously try to get your first pick (19-22) but will probably have to settle for your second (36-41). Would be happy enough with that. Might be able to package a deal with mckinley for ur first pick instead?

Correction - behind Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Grigg, Scotland, Simpson

Without wanting to get into a pissing contest about our mids v yours etc., is that the order you'd have them?

I'd have though Simpson would be ahead of Scotland and Grigg (in that order), and possibly ahead of Gibbs on form.

Correction - behind Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Grigg, Scotland, Simpson

Lol nice try. Despite Stanton being heavily tagged this year he has still managed to have more of an impace than Grigg and Scotland, Simpson is debatable.

Chuck Stanton in you're midfield and effectively releasing the tag he'd easily pass Simpson by a considerable margin.

They wern't ranked but you're right on Simpson :thumbsu:

No worries. I was surprised by seeing Grigg so high and Simpson so low, but if they weren't ranked, then that'd make sense.

Simpson can kick, Stanton can't.

Anyway, back to the thread. Trengove just got a rising star nom, which makes him that little bit more valuable if Carlton were to chase him. I doubt he'd leave anyway though.

I'd love to get Trengove but there's no chance we'll be able to nab him. Congrats on the rising star nom - definitely worthy of it.

What's up with your signature btw? Is that a troll attempt or perhaps you lost a bet?

I'd love to get Trengove but there's no chance we'll be able to nab him. Congrats on the rising star nom - definitely worthy of it.

What's up with your signature btw? Is that a troll attempt or perhaps you lost a bet?

Here I was thinking he is just a Hendo fan.

I would kill for Trengove. Perfect fit for us, he'll be a star. But the power wont trade him.

We wouldnt trade our second pick for him unfortunately for you guys. We were interested last year, and if we cant pick up a Tarrant (unlikely) or an Andrejs Everitt then Spangher may be looked at again. Watching on the weekend he does have some good attributes and could make a player if left in for 22 games. At this stage he is worth a pick between 45 and 60. I could also see Carlton looking at Mckinley. For both of them, i doubt we would offer much more than our pick around 35 and Steven Browne, which im assuming WC would not take.

The Eagles will be chasing pick upgrades with any player trades. Our 3rd rounder (45) for your 2nd (36ish?).

Actually a 9 pick upgrade for a Spangher is a steal in anyones language.

McKinely would be our 4th (62) for your 2nd (36).

Eagles have three rookies that are demanding upgrades, Hams, Strijk and Stevenson so they won't use their 4th rounders on, so there is not point offering anything over a 3rd rounder.

Lost a bet. That reminds me, the month's up now. Cheers for the reminder :p

The Eagles will be chasing pick upgrades with any player trades. Our 3rd rounder (45) for your 2nd (36ish?).

Actually a 9 pick upgrade for a Spangher is a steal in anyones language.

McKinely would be our 4th (62) for your 2nd (36).

Eagles have three rookies that are demanding upgrades, Hams, Strijk and Stevenson so they won't use their 4th rounders on, so there is not point offering anything over a 3rd rounder.

Spangher's trade value is rock bottom and he is probably going to walk out anyway, we could get him for a fourth rounder which we weren't going to use anyway, but as you said you probably aren't going to use it.

P.S. only one rookie upgrade counts for total list turnover, you still have to use two ND selections according to league rules. Not sure if you had taken that into account

Remove this Banner Ad

Back