CONFIRMED: Greater Western Sydney Giants, primary colour charcoal

Remove this Banner Ad

Noone of note, they are involved with the club however. Also, a "G" to be the logo with further promotions to define a mascot/logo.

Oh no not another promotion to pick a mascot, and logo why don't they just tell us as they don't pay any attention anyway. Charcoal is that dark grey?

Serious Light black/ grey gee that sounds inspiring. I can't imagine it will look anygood but I'll keep my powder dry until I see it

I reckon it could look pretty good actually. England wore a charcoal strip with red trim against the wallabies last week and it looked tough imo. Charcoal with orange looks awesome in my head.

Not a fan of sticking with GWS tho...West Sydney sounds heaps better.

Giants is ok, but I wouldn't call it 'killer' Mr Sheedy.

I reckon it could look pretty good actually. England wore a charcoal strip with red trim against the wallabies last week and it looked tough imo. Charcoal with orange looks awesome in my head.

Not a fan of sticking with GWS tho...West Sydney sounds heaps better.

Giants is ok, but I wouldn't call it 'killer' Mr Sheedy.

Sorry did I miss something was orange mentioned aswell? I didn't see sports tonight.

When I was a kid playing colts, Ashfield in the Swan Districts (Perth) district wore a gray and black strip - (don't know if they still do) but it was great - a good color combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I heard was the name.

I don not mind Giants at all but, it needs to be just Western Sydney,drop the Greater.

Very confused of what the jumper could look like, now you mention orange I can see it looking great with the charcoal grey. But atm I do not know what to think with the grey.

Hoping th design of jumper is more traditional and not so graphi, logo/mascot image wise goes. Rather have basic layout with no mascot on it and no logo.

Logo, no idea what it could be. But I acpect letterform now, no mascot in the logo.

Looking forward to it no doubt. Is there a live webcast of the announcement? Anywhere to view the annoucement?

All I heard was the name.

I don not mind Giants at all but, it needs to be just Western Sydney,drop the Greater.

Very confused of what the jumper could look like, now you mention orange I can see it looking great with the charcoal grey. But atm I do not know what to think with the grey.

Hoping th design of jumper is more traditional and not so graphi, logo/mascot image wise goes. Rather have basic layout with no mascot on it and no logo.

Logo, no idea what it could be. But I acpect letterform now, no mascot in the logo.

Looking forward to it no doubt. Is there a live webcast of the announcement? Anywhere to view the annoucement?
Live on teamgws.com.au at 9:00pm

Sorry did I miss something was orange mentioned aswell? I didn't see sports tonight.

Sorry I think I've misled here a bit. I was just trying to picture a good combo with charcoal and orange came to mind. It hasn't been mentioned in the media as far as I know, I just think it would look awesome!

Actually charcoal and raiders lime green could look pretty good for the ACT strip.

I think Charcoal, Orange and White would be a good mix a button might look like this.

2ahh72o.jpg

One thing about names is they are only a small part of a clubs ability to attract interest. Once GWS Giants is mentioned enough times it becomes part of the vernacular and really is trivia.

On field success is the main game. Everything else is secondary, the club will not live or die by its name or colours.

Sports Tonight didn't mention colours, but said the team was set to be announced as the Giants at the launch.
I'm not particularly keen on charcoal, I'd have preferred a two-blue colour combination - but mixing some orange in may possibly work.

I guess all will be revealed tonight. I'll give you a run-down of what happened when I get home from the launch.

sorry charcoal as a color is about as inspiring as a crematorium. greater western sydney is the worst possible name they could have stuck with and giants. why the hell even bother to run polls.

This is where GWS started to fail if its true.

From a Carlton supporter in Adelaide? Good to see you've got some investment in this club. :confused:

One thing about names is they are only a small part of a clubs ability to attract interest. Once GWS Giants is mentioned enough times it becomes part of the vernacular and really is trivia.

On field success is the main game. Everything else is secondary, the club will not live or die by its name or colours.

See Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back