Autopsy 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people stop with the pre-game “we will win” etc.
I reckon it’s disrespectful and a sign of getting ahead of yourself.
No, because we should of won. Even playing rubbish we kicked that many behinds the game should of been over at half time.

Its not disrespectful or getting ahead of ones self. We shat the bed in front of goal and in the fwd 50.

11 goals no behinds is absurd given some of the shots they have taken. I have faith in Kingsley to make some adjustments at half time.
[/QUOTE
Some bad luck, some bad performances as well.
We can't expect to be saved by our defence all the time. Was Callaghan a late out?

Not to single out players but Keefe offered next to nothing tonight, fairly sure Cadman can play whatever role he was playing….also thought were incredibly fumbley (not sure thats a word either) at times even taking into account the conditions

Never seen such dogshit umpiring in my life. Umpires just handed the game to them. Made no difference what our boys did.
Toby Tax in full effect. Stopped watching in 3rd qtr it was that disgusting. Real ego stuff from those umps.

•Toby takes mark running back with flight, overturned.
•Toby gets poleaxed after marking 52m out, no 50.
•Toby stands mark, 50 against.

Rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly disappointing loss. I was at the game and was surprised to see the crowd turnout for a GWS home game was highly in favour for the Swans. We led the stats in everyone except disposal efficiency and the scoreboard. I have the mention the umpiring although I hate to bring it up. It was GWS v Umpires by the end. Lets get em next time.

Let me preface what I am about to say with this

1. Swans were the better side tonight and deserved to win

2. We lost by 11, but there was at least 6 chances that come to mind right in front where we messed it up.

However….. that umpiring was something I would expect against a Melbourne team. Not 2 sydney teams. And 2 hours after the match I’m still furious about it: no it didn’t decide the match, but it was atrocious.

Every time there was a 50/50 ball I said to my wife “wait for it there will be a swans fee kick, wait for it wait for it…. There it is”.

But then our players would mark the ball or get their heads taken off and no free kicks

Even though it didn’t decide the game, I’m baffled by the umpiring tonight. It definitely hurt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back home after being stuck in P1 for nearly an hour (gotta love trackwork when there's 2 major events).

Swans just had one of those nights with accuracy and luck of the bounce. Once in a blue moon kind of stuff.

GWS were very sloppy. Short kicks and handpasses were being 'telegraphed'. Not sure the tactics were appropriate for a wet weather game.

More than happy to let Riccardi go. His attack at the marking contest is lacking more often than not. How many times has he scored the simple goal a few metres out to finish off the hard work of others? Yet he really doesn't put in.

Lachie Ash put in a shocker with his short kicking constantly picked off.

Umpiring was as bad as previously mentioned. Crowd was increasingly peeved during the 4th quarter and gave the umps a well deserved send off at full time.

Lost by less than 2 goals so that is actually a positive as they played very poorly compared recent outings.

Not to single out players but Keefe offered next to nothing tonight, fairly sure Cadman can play whatever role he was playing….also thought were incredibly fumbley (not sure thats a word either) at times even taking into account the conditions
Taking a risk here but Cadman was very quiet in the VFL today. Harry Arnold towelled him up pretty well.

• They couldn’t miss even freakish goals went through
  • They had all the luck, every 50/50 ball seems to bounce their way, I thought after half time the luck might stop, but it didn’t.
  • The umpiring was the worst I’ve seen in a while. 3 poor decisions led to goals.

You could see the frustration in AK in the decisions the umps were making (esp the 2nd half). The AFL can expect a please explain on Monday!!!

It was a flukey win and YES the umpires absolutely won them the game!! My swans friends totally agreed, they were embarrassed by the umpiring.

We do have some work to do when going inside 50, but thought the effort and pressure was pretty good most of the night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back