Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe too optimistic given that we haven’t had a 10k crowd at Giants Stadium since September 2019, but a sellout would indicate the GS ground record of 21,924 could be under threat?

I am wary that the club have announced a sellout on previous occasions, for us to rock up to 10k people haha. Let’s see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am wary that the club have announced a sellout on previous occasions, for us to rock up to 10k people haha. Let’s see

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have they? I mean they have sent out emails to members before asking for their tickets if they arent coming and its turned out we only had 10/12k there, but i dont think we have announced a sellout without it being a sellout before.

Hard to know because it’s all dependant on Member turnout. You’d hope most of them will turn up given the magnitude and our recent form.
A lot of members are from Canberra though aren’t they? Most of them you would assume won’t turn up..?

Have they? I mean they have sent out emails to members before asking for their tickets if they arent coming and its turned out we only had 10/12k there, but i dont think we have announced a sellout without it being a sellout before.
Yeah, I think that they know by now that artificially creating FOMO doesn't work. There's a few hundred tickets still listed - if they soon sell, they can do a "Standing room only" release.

A lot of members are from Canberra though aren’t they? Most of them you would assume won’t turn up..?
You can buy a Canberra membership, I'd think the Canberra guys with a full membership probably come up for the games.

68EC33A4-8E63-4A3B-B6C1-3808F24C5B46.jpeg

Brilliant morning at training, boys looked sharp and upbeat with Harry extending and Nicks 200th (plus we’re going for 8 wins)

Would expect to see both Tom and Jesse return this week and Nick to start

Angwin had a really strong session, possibly be sub at a minimum. Could play if a player gets rested after todays session

View attachment 1763491

Brilliant morning at training, boys looked sharp and upbeat with Harry extending and Nicks 200th (plus we’re going for 8 wins)

Angwin had a really strong session, possibly be sub at a minimum. Could play if a player gets rested after todays session
So Jessie moving ok?

Edit. Im taking the like on my post Callums_Guns as a yes!

Last edited:
Only need 5,000 or so to turn up in order to fill the Members and Suttor stands (where the 8 game silver Members sit). But there should be a good sprinkling of Members across the whole stadium with people (like me) who have GA Memberships but have upgraded for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1763491

Angwin over Lloyd for mine, if it came down to that.

Gosh it's a good looking stadium. Devastated to be in Melbourne this weekend, but will make sure the tix go to good orange folk... Hope it's packed.

Bought additional tickets and upgraded my seats to sit with them in the Cumberland Stand. Hopefully I'm not surrounded by Swans fans.
Upgraded to Skydeck for this game 🍻

Hope ALL members turn up, they haven’t for years now. But our recent form and to see one great man TFG do his thing, there’s no excuses. Why not open up an additional 3/4K standing tickets? GS has a great concourse and plenty of space to cater for standing. Need to throw everything at tying to get 20k. More than this the place will be absolutely rocking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back