Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

We're going to be very tall in defence against their small and quick forward line. Hopefully our backs can mark everything as it comes in, could be dangerous if it goes to ground with their small forwards.

Unfortunately we’ll be outnumbered 3-1
But if most members turn up it could be much more even.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You think only 5k Giants fans will show up for our biggest game of the year against our fiercest rival? That would be a huge drop off from the recent Hawthorn and Freo games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this wasn’t Haynes’ 200th I’m not sure Cumming would have been relegated to sub.

Either way I’m surprised both aren’t in the team ahead of Lachie Keeffe.
Listen to AK’s press conference I’d say that’s correct. If we jag a win this week I wouldn’t be surprised if we started to rotate defenders out for a rest before seasons out given the current logjam. Could do that with the mids too. Angwin in and rotate cogs, Kelly and Callaghan out for a week each.

We need to figure out how to quell Luke Parker. He always plays well against us.

You think only 5k Giants fans will show up for our biggest game of the year against our fiercest rival? That would be a huge drop off from the recent Hawthorn and Freo games.

Hawthorn and Freo games were a lot of freebie tickets handed out to junior clubs and kids went free entry as well. Also our members have barely showed up for 4 years. But you’re right, more like 2-1 we’ll be outnumbered (not 3-1).
Carlton and Richmond games we were well and truly outnumbered.

Let’s just hope every member shows up, which would be huge support for our boys, they deserve it !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Itll be close to 50-50. potentially slightly outnumbered. Definitely wont be 3-1
It'll look like it on TV though, because the cameras point away from the members. :/

Listen to AK’s press conference I’d say that’s correct. If we jag a win this week I wouldn’t be surprised if we started to rotate defenders out for a rest before seasons out given the current logjam. Could do that with the mids too. Angwin in and rotate cogs, Kelly and Callaghan out for a week each.
I wouldn't want to leave out any of those 3. Definitely consider subbing them out if we get a big enough lead, but given who we play that is unlikely to be the case at 3qtr time.

I've been hoping for the last 10 years that someone could come up with a better name than "battle of the bridge".
I just call it the Sydney derby.
Hated it to begin with. But it has grown on me.

From a marketing standpoint, there are lots of Sydney Derby's. The biggest one is probably the A-Leagues Skyblues Wanderers game. And "Derby" is pretty much owned in Aussie Footy by the WA game.
So can understand the want to promote it a something different.

I've been hoping for the last 10 years that someone could come up with a better name than "battle of the bridge".
I just call it the Sydney derby.
The War of the West.

The T2 Tussle.

The Dalliance over Drummoyne.

The Sortie of Strathfield.

The Battle of Vinegar Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back