Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Listen to AK’s press conference I’d say that’s correct. If we jag a win this week I wouldn’t be surprised if we started to rotate defenders out for a rest before seasons out given the current logjam. Could do that with the mids too. Angwin in and rotate cogs, Kelly and Callaghan out for a week each.

we have Port Adelaide in Adelaide coming off either a four game losing streak (angry & wanting to prove themselves) or a win in Geelong (& bolstered by that) either way, we’re not going in favourites

after that comes Essendon (who while down at the moment were, at one point, comfortably ahead of us) we should be favourites at home but they are capable & it’s a danger game.

then to finish off, the other team on a current hot streak of 6 wins including over 1st & 2nd on the ladder - at Marvel, no less - for finals positions & possible home ground advantage.

and you’re suggesting we rest Cogs or Kelly?😳🤪

yeah, nah.

not the sort of thing to do I would have thought.

Will there be parking on the day? I am not sure if will be going ( will definitely go to essendon game) until around 5pm tomorrow . I always park in P1. I don't want to prepay in case i don't go, nor do I want to get there and not be able to get a park.
With the numbers likely, and the train debacle, I'd suggest parking is going to be very congested. Even prepaying doesn't guarantee a spot in P1, which we've found in the past. However, there's always been parking available somewhere.
I'm pretty sure you can't pre book parking on the day. Not sure if you can pay for it when you get there if the car park isn't full.
If you mean that you must pre-book before the day, you are correct. You're down to taking a punt on arrival. As I said above, though, even pre-booking doesn't actually guarantee there's a spot available.

With the numbers likely, and the train debacle, I'd suggest parking is going to be very congested. Even prepaying doesn't guarantee a spot in P1, which we've found in the past. However, there's always been parking available somewhere.

If you mean that you must pre-book before the day, you are correct. You're down to taking a punt on arrival. As I said above, though, even pre-booking doesn't actually guarantee there's a spot available.
If you can't get a spot in P1, do they refund your money???

Will there be parking on the day? I am not sure if will be going ( will definitely go to essendon game) until around 5pm tomorrow . I always park in P1. I don't want to prepay in case i don't go, nor do I want to get there and not be able to get a park.

Hot Secret tip:
Park for free in Newington area (Nurmi Ave). Theres a shortcut through to Hill Rd (walking track). Easy 15 min walk, it’s free and no congestion leaving.
Don’t go telling anyone though, it’s our secret!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hot Secret tip:
Park for free in Newington area (Nurmi Ave). Theres a shortcut through to Hill Rd (walking track). Easy 15 min walk, it’s free and no congestion leaving.

The might release standing room tickets once they go.

Looks like standing room tickets have been placed on sale.

Really hard to wrap my head around how Tickmaster release tickets. Just when I think they're about to sell out of the seated tickets they seem to release more.

Hopefully all those seated tickets are whittled away and sell out soon, would be great for the club.

The rain gods looking to spoil our night :(
Let’s hope this doesn’t turn people away

I've been checking the models and there does not appear to be much in the way of rain, aside from nuisance rain for most of today. Current models don't show too much in the way of rain for the most part but it does start ramping up later this evening, some show after 9-10 pm and some show later than that. I just hope it does not arrive earlier.

Hard to get a gauge as it keeps chopping and changing - will keep checking throughout the day.

Most of the rain during today and early this evening is coming from the west which tends to bring very little in the way of rain and I hope it dries out (thanks to the Great Dividing Range). Later this evening it looks to be coming in off the coast and this should be bring about the rain which I hope is delayed until after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hard to wrap my head around how Tickmaster release tickets. Just when I think they're about to sell out of the seated tickets they seem to release more.

Hopefully all those seated tickets are whittled away and sell out soon, would be great for the club.
It's some mystical algorithm that I'll never understand.
Now there's only a handful of seated tickets remaining.
Mrs Aglett is grumbling about the weather, but still determined to be there.

Hot Secret tip:

You can do the same at Concord West station - about 20 minute walk from memory.

Yep very strange. Either way should be close to 20k you’d hope.

Have they? I mean they have sent out emails to members before asking for their tickets if they arent coming and its turned out we only had 10/12k there, but i dont think we have announced a sellout without it being a sellout before.

Hey GG. Hope you well. Yeah remember they did it in a Derby a few years back at giants stadium. Announced a sell out and then we found out it was a sellout, if you didn’t count the closed Cumberland stand

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey GG. Hope you well. Yeah remember they did it in a Derby a few years back at giants stadium. Announced a sell out and then we found out it was a sellout, if you didn’t count the closed Cumberland stand

Gettin there mate.

Dont remember that, just the whole we are getting close do you wanna sell your member tickets back" stuff.

Love our trolling of South Melbourne!

fe7428c828d116a4f8ca9eca53886778.jpg

I hope they win with all this trolling haha.

I love it personally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back