Preview 2023 Round 21 – GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Saturday August 5, 7.30pm AEST, Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Plastics v Souths
Plastics?

War Reaction GIF by Showtime

This feels like a HUGE week for the club. Arguably the biggest, excluding the 2019 GF week.

• Best winning streak ever (7wins) playing electrifying footy!
  • Into the 8!
  • HH signs on for 6!
  • Break our all time membership record!
  • About to play our derby for a finals spot
  • Media everywhere sending huge positive vibes on our performances!
  • We even made a story on both the channel 9+10 news !!

Doesn’t get much better feeling plus with the derby build up!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This feels like a HUGE week for the club. Arguably the biggest, excluding the 2019 GF week.

• Best winning streak ever (7wins) playing electrifying footy!
  • Into the 8!
  • HH signs on for 6!
  • Break our all time membership record!
  • About to play our derby for a finals spot
  • Media everywhere sending huge positive vibes on our performances!
  • We even made a story on both the channel 9+10 news !!

Doesn’t get much better feeling plus with the derby build up!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We're going to be very tall in defence against their small and quick forward line. Hopefully our backs can mark everything as it comes in, could be dangerous if it goes to ground with their small forwards.
They will have the following rotating through the forward line
Amarty 197cm
McLean 197cm
Hickey 201cm
McDonald 196cm

They will have the following rotating through the forward line
Amarty 197cm
McLean 197cm
Hickey 201cm
McDonald 196cm
And how many of those will be in the forward line at any one time?

Meanwhile we're playing 5 tall defenders against Heeney, Hayward, Wicks, Papley, Clarke and possibly Gulden... or is he pure midfield these days?

Seems pretty unbalanced to me.

And how many of those will be in the forward line at any one time?

Meanwhile we're playing 5 tall defenders against Heeney, Hayward, Wicks, Papley, Clarke and possibly Gulden... or is he pure midfield these days?

Seems pretty unbalanced to me.
Gulden is playing pretty much all his minutes in the midfield.

Clarke will probably play on Whitters , he is essentially a forward tagger to shut down our movement off of hb.

Last edited:
Gulden is playing pretty much all his minutes in the midfield.

Clarke will probably play on Whitters , he is essentially a forward tagger to shut down our movement off of hb.
Yeah that's right. But even though he plays that forward tagging role, he can still be dangerous as a small forward and kick goals when the ball comes to ground.

So that's 5 small/medium forwards to worry about.

I think the only way it works is if Perryman plays the lockdown defender role he's been doing a lot this season and Haynes plays in the wing/midfield rotation.

Even then we'll be a lot taller down there. I hope it works out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like anymore tickets will be released, aside from what's already available, with Ticketmaster now displaying a low availability notice.

View attachment 1764330
Yep. Just a few top level ones remaining. Unless they are still holding some in reserve.
The might release standing room tickets once they go.
1691129515547.png

Who plays on papley and Heeney?
Taylor to mcdonald
Buckley to amartey
HH to McLean/Hickey
Idun to Heeney
Whitfield to wicks
Ash to Hayward
Perryman to papley

Haynes on the wing

Heeney is like Toby in that they are both very good above their head and you are generally better off playing a taller defender who is good above their head which is why idun works well

More reasons to attend tomorrow, but I suspect the expected 20k attendance means most are convinced already!

I really hope ALL our Sydney-based members show up tomorrow night.

Exactly how many are there? Does anyone know?

I really hope ALL our Sydney-based members show up tomorrow night.

Exactly how many are there? Does anyone know?
Will there be parking on the day? I am not sure if will be going ( will definitely go to essendon game) until around 5pm tomorrow . I always park in P1. I don't want to prepay in case i don't go, nor do I want to get there and not be able to get a park.

Will there be parking on the day? I am not sure if will be going ( will definitely go to essendon game) until around 5pm tomorrow . I always park in P1. I don't want to prepay in case i don't go, nor do I want to get there and not be able to get a park.
I always park in P6, never seen it full

I'm pretty sure you can't pre book parking on the day. Not sure if you can pay for it when you get there if the car park isn't full.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back