Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

you do realise this thread is about 'who will become the best players'

not who are the best performed

every ****ing time you hear people saying, what about him... he's ahead of this guy on performances

sure you can take into account performances when rating who will be the best, but i wouldn't criticize others on placing a player higher because 'they haven't performed'

you do realise this thread is about 'who will become the best players'

not who are the best performed

every ****ing time you hear people saying, what about him... he's ahead of this guy on performances

sure you can take into account performances when rating who will be the best, but i wouldn't criticize others on placing a player higher because 'they haven't performed'

Yep, exactly right.

You have to take them into account.

Otherwise these threads would be a pretty simple exercise: pick 1 > pick 2 > pick 3 etc.

it's wise to, but as this isn't a 'who's better now' thread

performances aren't the be all and end all

especially when most of those players have played less than 30 games

1. J. Trengove(melb)
2. D. Martin
3. T. Pears
4. M. Kreuzer
5. C. Rioli
6. P. Dangerfield
7. M. Hurley
8. S. Hill
9. J. Grimes
10. H. Taylor
11. T. Scully
12. S. Sidebottom
13. N. Fyfe
14. N. Natanui
15. T. Cotchin

Unlucky to miss: D. Rich , D. Beams, J. Ziebell, T. Rockliff

1.P.Dangerfield
2.J.Grimes
3.M.Hurley
4.C.Rioli
5.S.Hill
6.J.Trengove
7.D.Martin
8.D.Rich
9.T.Cochin
10.M.Kruzer
11.H.Taylor
12.S.Sidebottom
13.T.Scully
14.D.Hannerbury
15.D.Beams

Can you elaborate why you rate Danger at one? Thought it was going to be a Crows fan for sure.

1. J. Trengove(melb)
2. D. Martin
3. T. Pears
4. M. Kreuzer
5. C. Rioli
6. P. Dangerfield
7. M. Hurley
8. S. Hill
9. J. Grimes
10. H. Taylor
11. T. Scully
12. S. Sidebottom
13. N. Fyfe
14. N. Natanui
15. T. Cotchin

Unlucky to miss: D. Rich , D. Beams, J. Ziebell, T. Rockliff

What has Trengove done to deserve spot number 1?

Pears at 3? Many will call bias on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are talking potential as well as what they have done so far, then Fyfey should be top 10 in everyones list. I honestly believe he has more potential than Hill and he is the closest thing we have had to James Hird since the man himself. One of the biggest bargains of the last few drafts.

If we are talking potential as well as what they have done so far, then Fyfey should be top 10 in everyones list. I honestly believe he has more potential than Hill and he is the closest thing we have had to James Hird since the man himself. One of the biggest bargains of the last few drafts.

He really really can't kick like hird.

What has Trengove done to deserve spot number 1?

Pears at 3? Many will call bias on that
i see a bit of hirdy in trengove and i just see him being an absolute superstar of the competition, imo pears will be an all-australian defender and will be a star he just reminds me so much of scarlett, hey i could be wrong but im making a prediction for the future and i sure aint a fortune teller :p

I don't expect many people to agree with this. But I've left a few out who I don't think will make the top level. Picked on what I expect their output will be over their careers if they stay injury free. Very surprised at the lack of Mumford on these lists.

1. Hurley
2. Rioli
3. Mumford
4. Watts
5. Trengove
6. Kreuzer
7. Pears
8. Barlow
9. Taylor
10. Grimes
11. Sidebottom
12. Martin
13. Scully
14. Melksham
15. Hill

Can you elaborate why you rate Danger at one? Thought it was going to be a Crows fan for sure.

In reply to Barnzy, I didnt watch the game on Sat night, I watched Freo v Brisbane as I had money rolling on it so my basis has nothing to do with Adelaides game with Hawthorn.

To me personally Dangerfield reminds me of a young Riccouto (who I personally rate as the best midfielder of the late 90's early 00's).
He is big, strong can play midfield and then go forward and take a mark and kick goals. I realise most people wont agree with me, but if I had my choice I would take him over any of the players in the 07-09 drafts long term.

I have Grimes at number 2 as I think he reads the ball in the back half as good as any young player going around. Hes good in the air and at ground level.Reminds me of the new Luke Hodge.

Number 3 I have Hurley as he is a big strong KPP that can play up forward or down back. Not affraid of body contact and looks the goods. Not sure who I would compare him to maybe a Neitz (only becasue I cant think of any player that looks as comfortable up forward and down back)

Rioli and Hill round out my top 5 as they both have the potential to break a game apart. The only reason I dont have them higher is that I reckon they will be inconsistent players like alot of flair players are.

5-9 Trengove, Martin, Cotchin and Rich all look like quality midfielders and are pretty hard to split. You could probably throw Sidebottom, Scully and Hannerbury into this group as well. Any of them could end up alot higher on the list and all look like top level quality players.

I have Kruzer at 10 purely on the basis that it will be interesting to see how he recovers from a knee reco. He could easily be top 3, but as easily slip down the list after his knee reco. I hope he recovers.

Taylor is the next best KPP player so far, I think he will be areally good player but not an out and out star hence why I have him at 11.

Beams slips to 15 as I think he is a quality player but I have quiries on how good he would be if he was missing his all-star support. A bit like Kerr, however he could easily prove me wrong.

I don't expect many people to agree with this. But I've left a few out who I don't think will make the top level. Picked on what I expect their output will be over their careers if they stay injury free. Very surprised at the lack of Mumford on these lists.

1. Hurley
2. Rioli
3. Mumford
4. Watts
5. Trengove
6. Kreuzer
7. Pears
8. Barlow
9. Taylor
10. Grimes
11. Sidebottom
12. Martin
13. Scully
14. Melksham
15. Hill

No Cotchin? But you have Melksham at 14?

He's no Masten or Ebert, that's for sure.

Watch his game develop this year :thumbsu:

You have a absolute beauty in your hands, I never really watch a great deal of the dockers games, so sometimes I may miss the quality of some youngsters, which i must have done regarding fyfe, played awesome the other night.
sorry I never put him into my top 15, But IF I could change it I would have him in for sure.

I'm surprised at the number of people still putting Martin ahead of Cotchin. Anyway my incredibly biased opinion says:

1. Cotchin
2. Taylor Walker
3. Dangerfield
4. Scully
5. Hurley
6. Rioli
7. Martin
8. Hill
9. Trengove
10. Grimes
11. Kreuzer
12. Rich
13. Davis
14. Sidebottom
15. Harry Taylor

I find it far too hard to place players from 1-15 when there are so many good players within this bracket. Players that spring to mind from these three Drafts are Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane, Otten, Davis, Rioli, Hannebary, Sidebottom, Scully, Kruezer, Trengove, Beams, Cotchin, Grimes, Hurely, Rich, Martin, Morton, Harry Taylor. Prob being biased but The Crows seemed to have done the best out of these drafts with Dangerfield, Taylor Walker, McKernan, Sloane, Otten, Davis all coming from the 2007-2008 drafts and all of them in the starting 22. Best player from 2007-2009, Cyril Rioli. If Patrick is able to play in the midefield and win easy ball as well the contested, then he can be one of the best players in the comp.

Update:

These scores are based on:
#1 receive 15 votes, # 2 receive 14, # 3 receive 13, through to # 15 receiving 1 vote.

All top 15s have been added up and the total so far goes:

1. C. Rioli: 242
2. S. Hill: 227
3. M. Hurley: 191
4. D. Martin 173
5. M. Kreuzer: 170
6. T. Scully 147
7. J. Trengove (Dees): 133
8. S. Sidebottom 129
9. H. Taylor: 112
9. T. Cotchin: 112
11. M. Barlow: 100
12. N. Natanui: 94
13. P. Dangerfield: 85
14. D. Rich: 79
15. D. Hannebery: 70

J. Grimes 65
J. Watts 46
T. Pears: 39
L. Jurrah: 36
A. Morabito: 26
S. Mumford 25
D. Beams: 24
T. Walker: 22
H. Hartlett: 17
J. Ziebell: 17
C. Ward: 17
N. Fyfe: 16
P. Davis: 14
J. Melksham: 8
T. Rockliff: 6
C.Yarran 6
L. Shuey: 4

Prob being biased but The Crows seemed to have done the best out of these drafts with Dangerfield, Taylor Walker, McKernan, Sloane, Otten, Davis all coming from the 2007-2008 drafts and all of them in the starting 22.

Adelaide have done well but Fremantle have done better, Palmer, Mayne, Hill, Ballantyne, Broughton, Morabito, Fyfe, Barlow, Silvagni, plus a couple of others than are close in Walters, De Boer and Roberton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back