Competitions Run home [Race for the 8]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a purely selfish point of view I'd rather play Carlton at the MCG so I don't have to travel to watch another final.

Travelled to Adelaide in 2009 and I wouldn't want a repeat of that performance.

Umpiring's never *that* bad in finals. Well, rarely. OK...you got me... pretty regularly...

But, at least, the lower end blokes - like my favourite #15 - are firmly in the chaff that gets a lovely trip to North Ballarat or Willie at this time of year.

If we were to play Sydney in Sydney, when would the game be?

I will be in Sydney that weekend so would be awesome to go to the game if I can...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF we beat Port and finish 11-1-10, who would of believed when told at the start of the year that we'd finish above:

- Sydney (likely depending on percentage but also likely same win/loss ratio)
- St Kilda (genuine chance but again depending on percentage but also likely same win/loss ratio)
- Fremantle
- North Melbourne
- Western Bulldogs
- Adelaide
- Melbourne

Most of those sides were widely thought to be well advanced than us. As for the rest of the s**t kickers (including Richmond), they are about where they belong towards the bottom of the ladder (where we were also supposed to be).

oh well we won't know until r24 sunday night. but friday will be collingwood's. that's pretty much certain.

and come to think of it it might end up at the scg as the nrl finals start the same week and if it's double booked afl is the one moved. (worth noting if the Storm finish 1st in the NRL Sunday will def. be free for Homebush so perhaps that might happen)

Make the finals and certain we will be playing on Saturday night - Unless we play Sydney - Fairly certain that the lowest drawing game will be played either Sat or Sun arvo.

Theoretically, over the next 2 rounds, this is what is LIKELY to happen:

Essendon defeats Port Adelaide by 100 points
Geelong defeats Sydney by 60 points
North Melbourne defeats St. Kilda by 12 points

Carlton defeats St. Kilda by 24 points
Sydney defeats Brisbane by 24 points
North Melbourne defeats Richmond by 24 points

the top 8 would look like:

Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
West Coast
Carlton
Essendon
Sydney
North

How the heck is North beating St Kilda likely?

Yeah I kow. It won't happen.

Also, I laugh everytime I read Sydney to beat brisbane by24-30 points. If Sydney need to win by 40 points to go above us by percentage they will. Simple as that.

Speaking of s**t predictions...

Over on the Norf board they are talking of finishing 7th after Port beat us on Sunday...

But Port out scored The Dogs in the second half! Lets hope they do get a 6 goal start.

They have played in a Showdown (can ALWAYS go either way), against just about the leagues two best teams in Collingwood & Hawthorn and then a desperate Dogs outfit who kicked them when they were down. All have decent midields. Port struggle in this area. But they could probably handle Essendon.

Reckon they'll win I do.
Port by 29.

As absurd as it may seem to many of you.
I feel the same way for the following reasons:

Players will be playing for a spot on their list next year. I can only imagine a clean out / rebuild phase will be on the cards
They would like to avoid the wooden spoon
Essendon are the walking wounded...
Essendon last beat Port Adelaide in 2004. In their last 10 meetings they have only won once. PA is their bogey side
Essendon are scum

Yeah OK, North...

Can this s**t stain of the AFL just fold and die already? Honestly. If they make the finals (especially over us), I will be physically, violently ill. Thankfully the Saints will shut the door on them well and truly this weekend & then we should take care of Port the following day to nail the coffin of their 2011 season shut.

What is your problem with North supporters thinking we will lose to Port, Macca?

You've been shitting yourself about this game since Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back