• 2 & 4

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • 1 & 5

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 0 & 6

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Upload it to google sheets, share it and then paste the share link in the forum. Then we’ll stick it

For those who don't know about Squiggle, where I am getting the data from, check them out:

Last edited:
Genuine question, after last night’s game - if we do scrape into the finals, it’s likely to be a carbon copy of last night. Is it better to actually miss the finals, finish on the cusp of the 8 and go into the next season with some optimism of making the 8 and without the emotional scarring of yet another elim final flogging on the big stage ?

Genuine question, after last night’s game - if we do scrape into the finals, it’s likely to be a carbon copy of last night. Is it better to actually miss the finals, finish on the cusp of the 8 and go into the next season with some optimism of making the 8 and without the emotional scarring of yet another elim final flogging on the big stage ?
i think there's a bit being read into last nights game. I still rate the Cats as a top 3 side.
we were off from the outset. not ideal, but worst still when you show up like that against a Cats side that's on, at home and making a charge at finals.

2 more major tests. Don't think we need the points v the Dogs/Swans, but we need to push them and perform better.
the team that pushed Port and blitzed the Crows was not there last night and we need to bring that back

to make finals, i think wins v Giants, Roos and Eagles will be enough.
Question will be how far we go, but i've got us playing either the dogs, cats or blues.

hcnsd7n4secb1.jpg

i think there's a bit being read into last nights game. I still rate the Cats as a top 3 side.
we were off from the outset. not ideal, but worst still when you show up like that against a Cats side that's on, at home and making a charge at finals.

2 more major tests. Don't think we need the points v the Dogs/Swans, but we need to push them and perform better.
the team that pushed Port and blitzed the Crows was not there last night and we need to bring that back

to make finals, i think wins v Giants, Roos and Eagles will be enough.
Question will be how far we go, but i've got us playing either the dogs, cats or blues.
You really think we'll beat the Giants, away?? I reckon we're more likely to beat WB and Syd.

Still 5 games to go and we will start favorites in 4 of them. If we can beat the Swans next week we are back in the 8, and we then play the Eagles and North so a chance to consolidate and get some % back. Dont write off finals yet people...

Still 5 games to go and we will start favorites in 4 of them. If we can beat the Swans next week we are back in the 8, and we then play the Eagles and North so a chance to consolidate and get some % back. Dont write off finals yet people...
Hope you’re right. If we make finals want it to be with a head of steam, not limping across the line. Knowing our luck, would probably get the doggies in week one and get flogged again.
Something will need to change next week for us to start turning things around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delusion. We've lost 4 out of our last 5 by a combined margin of 154. Our opponents next week just beat the side that smoked us last week. West Coast and North we should win but the Giants have won 5 in a row and are making a finals charge.
Blues have Pies next week so depending on results we could sneak back in if we beat Swans.
If GWS, St Kilda and Geelong win this week we won't.

Delusion. We've lost 4 out of our last 5 by a combined margin of 154. Our opponents next week just beat the side that smoked us last week. West Coast and North we should win but the Giants have won 5 in a row and are making a finals charge.

Yeah, my "depending on results" was dreaming!!

TBH, with form, injuries and lack of VFL standouts, we could easily lose 3 of the next 5.

There is no spark we were flat. Young team coming off a walloping, we looked cooked.

Do we really want to make finals only to be smashed?

Lets get Tsatis, Voss, Wanganeen, Davey, Baldwin a taste at least.

Haha - about as delusional as the Saints making the 8. We nearly beat Port but for a kick after the siren - cats n dogs r good teams - we have 4 very winnable games and you have already written us off - lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t think anyone has mentioned the thing that is the only constant no matter whomst the coach is.

We always fade away at the end of every year because we can’t run out a season.

It’s already started, prepare yourselves.

I’m in the camp of still wanting to play a final. Would rather risk another belting for the chance to put a good fight and give the younger blokes a taste for it and some extra belief. The team would have some fear but they need to lean into it, if they make it. There is fear in the way we play at times and is evident in the panicky disposals. The coaches need to pick the right side and coach them how to absorb pressure.

Anyway it might be moot as we could miss 8th.

Haha - about as delusional as the Saints making the 8. We nearly beat Port but for a kick after the siren - cats n dogs r good teams - we have 4 very winnable games and you have already written us off - lol

More. We've lost to Freo (who are 4th last) in that run and only beaten an Adelaide team who has won ONE game away from home this year.

We're cooked and everyone apart from you can see it.

More. We've lost to Freo (who are 4th last) in that run and only beaten an Adelaide team who has won ONE game away from home this year.

We're cooked and everyone apart from you can see it.

Am I a little hopeful? Sure I’ll own up to that - that’s because we are one of 6 teams competing for the bottom 2 spots in the 8 and if we beat Sydney on Saturday we are probably in.
Delusional- certainly not - delusional would be completely writing us off now with 5 games to go when anything is possible

The main reason I'd be fine if the club missed finals is to avoid the unrealistic expectation that would come with next season.

It has happened to all of our new coaches since Sheedy except for Hird, and that was only because of who he is.

Each time the side has possibly been lucky to scrape into finals, and when the for-whatever-the-reason-decline happens the next year, our supporters and board members s**t the bed and demand a new coach.

I'd love for Brad Scott to avoid that. He's done a solid of job of controlling the narrative around expectations, but if the usual pattern happens this year and next, he'll be done.

Back