Sunday, April 15
GWS v West Coast (Blacktown) @ 1:10pm
Hawthorn v Adelaide (MCG) @ 3:15pm
North Melbourne v Geelong (Etihad) @ 4:40pm

Teams

Click HERE for all the team news as it appears at AFL.com.au

Key INs and OUTs
('*' denotes Sunday teams)

INs: Gray (PORT), Mumford (SYD), Mundy (FREM), Brown, Drummond, Longer (BRIS), Bock (GCS), Treloar*, Tomlinson*, (GWS), Stevens* (WCE), Shaw*, Kerridge* (ADE) & Ziebell* (KANG).
OUTs: Paine (COLL), Dickson (WBD) and Priddis (WCE).

Captain's Corner

pendlebury375.jpg

1. Scott Pendlebury (MID) vs Carlton
2012 Ave: 147 (167 & 127)
Scores vs CARL: 94, 145 (2011); 115, 139 (2010), 150, 131 (2009)

In blistering form? Check. Loves playing Carlton at the MCG? Check. Built for SuperCoach success? Check.

After just two games, I'm prepared to go on record and state that Pendlebury is on the same level as Ablett when it comes to SuperCoach scoring, and should be considered as a potential captaincy option EVERY week. With his workrate at stoppages and contested possession efforts firmly entrenched in the 'elite' category, he almost guarantees himself a SC 100 each week. His only sub-100 score came against Carlton in this fixture last year, but he was able to back that up with a 145 during their second encounter.

2010-09-04_97636161pk074_af-1688la3.jpg

2. Aaron Sandilands (RUCK) vs Brisbane
2012 Ave: 131 (113 & 149)
Scores vs BRIS: 137 & 44* (2011), 138 (2010) *injury effected score

A few of us (including myself) were scared off by Sandilands' interupted pre-season, but if you were brave enough to pick him as one of your starting rucks, your decision (so far) has been vindicated, with the big man notching up two tons against two top-eight opponents. If past history is anything to go by (scores of 137 & 138 in two of his three most recent outings vs Brisbane), Sandilands should continue his strong start to 2012.

300Goddard-300x340.jpg

3. Brendon Goddard (DEF/MID) vs Western Bulldogs
2012 Ave: 131.5 (116 & 147)
Scores vs WBD: 143 (2011), 98 (2010), 152 & 174 (2009)

Two games in and the St Kilda midfielder/rebounder looks to have continued where he left off in 2011. Racked up unconstested possessions with ease last week against the hapless Suns, which, combined with his elite disposal efficiency, will more often than not result in huge SC scores. Has an impecible record against the Dogs as well, averaging 142 SC points per game against them since the start of 2009. As a neutral fan, there's just something about the Saints at Etihad on a Saturday night that gets me excited about a big Goddard score.

In light of some of the scores opposition sides have been pumping out against the two new franchise teams in Gold Coast and GWS, nominating a skipper from Essendon or West Coast wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Essendon vs Gold Coast
Jobe Watson (ESS, MID) - Scored 122 against Gold Coast last year, and has already produced a 107 & 149 so far in season 2012. Lock in a big hundred.
Brent Stanton (ESS, MID) - Notched up 141 in the Bombers' demolition of the Suns last year, and is in red-hot form so far in 2012, notching up a 180 & 134 in his first two outings.
Gary Ablett (GCS, MID) - As good as he's been so far (139 & 143), Ablett doesn't have the best of records against the Dons of recent times; with a 95 (2011), 127 & 97 (2010). Still feel reasonably confident of a sizeable score from the Suns captain, but those sub-100 scores will have some people thinking.

West Coast vs GWS
Dean Cox (WCE, RUCK) - Scored 166 against the 2nd newest franchise in Gold Coast last year, so all signs point to another massive SC score this week. Hasn't been at his SuperCoach best so far (110 & 89), but could go big against Giles and Brogan this week.

Trade Centre

Hold or Trade?

Broughton_Rd309_2_246a.jpg

Greg Broughton (DEF)
Price: $502,100
Scores: 57 & 72 --- Breakeven: 171

At $502,100 we all thought we were snaring a bargin with Broughton, given he's averaged 90+ in each of his three AFL seasons. Now two rounds in, his owners (myself included) aren't so sure. A second half lock-down role on Steve Johnson during Fremantle's round one clash effectively killed off any chance of a SC ton, while against the Swans, he seemed to drift in and out of the midfield, without being overly effective. The question is; do you keep him, or show him the door? If he maintains his average of 64, he'll drop around $50,000 after this round. However, if you keep him, and he fires, he could turn into a sneaky point of difference. I'll be using my trades to bring in Greene (Ledger) and Milera (Dickson/Pfeiffer) this week, but if I had a third, I'd probably opt to trade Broughton out for one of the following; Grant Birchall ($509,600), Courteney Dempsey ($273,800), Marty Clarke ($170,000) or Paul Bower ($157,200).

782017-dustin-martin.jpg

Dustin Martin (MID/FWD)
Price: $536,200
Scores: 89, 68 --- Breakeven: 163

Selected in nearly 40% of teams, Martin's start has certainly been disappointing, especially given his ripping pre-season. In his defence, the young Tiger midfielder has come up against two likely top four sides in Carlton and Collingwood, but I think many of his owners (again, myself included), still felt he was capable of starting off strongly. Plays Melbourne this week, so I'd be advising Martin owners to keep the faith and ride out the Tigers' opened half dozen rounds. If you have to trade him out however, Zaharakis ($494,100), N.Reiwoldt ($472,400), C.Cornes ($378,300) or Poplyzia ($229,600) are solid replacement options.

Rating the Rookies

A quick look at some of the guys priced under $200,000 who you simply have to have if you want to success in 2012. In other words, burn both trades to bring some of these guys in, if you don't already have them.

melbourne-james-magner.jpg

James Magner (MELB, MID)
Price: $94,700 --- Ave: 96
Expected Price Rise: +$101,000

Toby%20Greene-470-x-470.png

Toby Greene (GWS, MID)
Price: $146,600 --- Ave: 83
Expected Price Rise: +$70,100

416583-kennedy.jpg

Adam Kennedy (GWS, MID/FWD)
Price: $113,200 --- Ave: 85.5
Expected Price Rise: +$82,000

Terry%20Milera316aNAB12.jpg

Terry Milera (STK, FWD)
Price: $124,700 --- Ave: 86
Expected Price Rise: +$79,000

Video of the Week

[YOUTUBE]b-RjYBJx6ys[/YOUTUBE]

As usual, any feedback either via a reply in this thread or Twitter, is greatly appreciated (@jamiedmurphy).

Nice work Spud

Just moved the C from Pendles to Murph. Read this and its back on Pendles :eek:

How do you rate Murphy's potential score this week spud?

Other dilemmas i'm finding:

Keep or Trade Broughts? atm, i have traded he and Golby out for Hurn and Dempsey, freeing up 90K which could be valuable. But could always reverse it.... I'm thinking of going hard this year in SC and fill the holes asap and playing DT a little more "traditional"

Only thing i'm missing is Greene, but i'm relatively happy with my mids ( i think Ledger will score well once given a chance)

Only trouble I will have this round is having Priddis rested against GWS (was hoping for him to absolutely tear it up), will still name him on ground though in the hopes that he will be a late call in (extremely unlikely).

Trading in Milera and Hurn for Pffeifer and Broughton which should bump my average up to around 2300 if everyone scores their averages.

Nice work Spud. Anyone care to predict who will be the man people are going to complain about most after this round? I suspect it will be Dangerfield or, wait for it, Gary Ablett, due to the fact most have him as their El Capitan. Hocking will play shutdown on G jnr and he'll only get 35 touches this week and only 130 points or so.

Dangerfield tends to go missing against better sides and has had only so-so scores against so-so opposition. He's in most sides so a whinge-fest come Sunday evening might be in the offing if he spuds it up against the top-4 bound Hawks.

Nice work Spud. Anyone care to predict who will be the man people are going to complain about most after this round? I suspect it will be Dangerfield or, wait for it, Gary Ablett, due to the fact most have him as their El Capitan. Hocking will play shutdown on G jnr and he'll only get 35 touches this week and only 130 points or so.

Dangerfield tends to go missing against better sides and has had only so-so scores against so-so opposition. He's in most sides so a whinge-fest come Sunday evening might be in the offing if he spuds it up against the top-4 bound Hawks.
I hope its Buddy because I don't have him :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland & Pendles, Bower on the pine.

I was 7 minutes away from trading Scotland before I changed my mind!
That being said, his score doesn't seem to reflect his disposal count. Not watching the game so what is the go? Cheapies? Bad d/e?

NM, seems to be good now!

Captain's Corner

pendlebury375.jpg

1. Scott Pendlebury (MID) vs Carlton
2012 Ave: 147 (167 & 127)
Scores vs CARL: 94, 145 (2011); 115, 139 (2010), 150, 131 (2009)

In blistering form? Check. Loves playing Carlton at the MCG? Check. Built for SuperCoach success? Check.

After just two games, I'm prepared to go on record and state that Pendlebury is on the same level as Ablett when it comes to SuperCoach scoring, and should be considered as a potential captaincy option EVERY week. With his workrate at stoppages and contested possession efforts firmly entrenched in the 'elite' category, he almost guarantees himself a SC 100 each week. His only sub-100 score came against Carlton in this fixture last year, but he was able to back that up with a 145 during their second encounter.

I'm so sorry everyone :(

I'm so sorry everyone :(

If you were wrong so were about 80% of us - couldn't think he would spud it up tonight given the Blues don't have a great tagger. Don't have him so I'm glad he will have a bad one because most times he's cast-golden and near (c) candidate every weekend. Big price drop I hope but feel for those who have him in as skipper tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back