Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

The life of Hamish

3ovggn.jpg

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

icehammer.jpg

hamplacekick.jpg

Right click view image on the first one to do it justice.

Hahahahahaha, I didn't see Robbo until I right clicked.

Awesome, just awesome.

Loving the thread guys, meanwhile at the Polo Club working bee.....
15y1hx.jpg

Going to be honest here, I don't understand the premise of this thread. McLachlan edits his Wikipedia like a w***er, that it?

Okay, so. THE TEN COINCIDENCES OF HAMO

1. He's Gillon McLachlan's brother (COO of the AFL)

2. He 'outbid' the MCG to run the AFL Sensation/Hall of Fame in 2002, and within months the Federal Court described it as "hopelessly insolvent". He fled to England and ingratiated himself into the polo circuit, which his Wiki page (and at least one of his semi-grammatical web postings) claimed was an act of "knowing" he had to "cut his teeth" overseas in order to become a sports commentator. The Federal Court stuff is now fully referenced and locked into his Wiki page.

3. According to one of the many now-deleted sections of his wikipedia, he was "noticed" in a "London pub" in 2007 and invited to work for Channel 7's footy coverage. When 7 announced the appointment, the only qualification they listed was "a footy nut". Apparently, "we're bidding for the rights" isn't a cool excuse.

4. His commentary in 2012 on TV has been horrendous on SadurdayArvo. Almost like the guy didn't really deserve the job. At least the other horrible callers were appointed on some kind of merit.

Then:

5. It's discovered he's obsessively writing his own Wikipedia article with irrelevant stuff about polo, his own intelligence and sense of humour (which in one manifestation had pretty much its own section), excuses as to why he isn't a professional sportsman (inlcluding the number of knee surgeries) and - in general - how awesome he is. It was clearly a promotional move, not information.

6. Then he acts like a complete douche (as opposed to normal) on GameDay about running over a dog and not even stopping.

7. Then, in a move even 12 year old's on the Bay can't get away with, he tweets that all these shenangans aren't caused by him, but by a close friend who just happens to post exactly like the real Hamo because the real Hamo is "busy". Hamo presumably means he didn't realise all this was going on, but somehow knew immediately that a close friend was responsible.

8. Said friend - by sheer coincidence - has posted videos only Hamo could have taken and goes by the username of a horse he owned. Said friend uses phrasing directly lifted from pro-Hamo articles Hamo does claim to have written.

9. Hamo's other defence is it's all coincidence ... the brother, the bankruptcy, being in a pub on the other side of the world as a job qualification, the incompetent calling, the dog/log, the videos, the usernames ...

10. Robbo then tweets "it isn't him" in a move which is just staggering, but then again he works with Hamo. Media remains curiously silent, when they usually love a "conflict of interest" story.

In short, this whole thread is about double-standards. Well done, BigFooty.

Someone needs to get him drunk and get him to admit to it. That would win the internet.

Media remains curiously silent, when they usually love a "conflict of interest" story.

Media don't go after their own, one rule for them and one for everyone else.

That and this is a pretty low rent story. :D

Not newsworthy,not a big deal at all really.. But it's piss funny.

Took me ages to get hold of this. I have of course just provided extracts.

Mentha, in the matter of Spyglass Management Group Pty Ltd (Administrators Appointed) [2004] FCA 1469

"The company, which operates the AFL Hall of Fame and Sensation, is hopelessly insolvent. It has many creditors, whose debts in aggregate exceed $26 million."

The judge ruled that under competent management, it had a realistic possibility of being sold as
"a going concern."

How much did the company owe the AFL?
"the AFL, the company’s major sponsor ... is owed around $408,000"
Yes, you read correctly. It owed a sponsor money.

But who was lending it money to become solvent again?
"the AFL ... agreed to lend $162,500"
Lucky break there for whoever runs Spyglass ... relatively speaking.

Meanwhile, within days, here was Hamo on the ABC's Stateline, which clearly implied this whole deal stunk to high heaven:

Interviewer: What do you say to suggestions that it was awarded to Spyglass as a sort of jobs for AFL mates?
Hamo: That's how Australia works - tall poppies and other things ...
Interviewer: How do you feel that a lot of creditors won't get their money?
Hamo: Terrible.
Interviewer: Do you feel any responsibility?
Hamo: Yeah, absolutely.
Mal Padgett, a creditor who lost his money: "Somebody will make money out of this. They will take it over and make it work and it will be terrific for everybody, except for us."

This - as a supposed later asset in the footy TV game - sounds like a guy only a brother could love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mentha, in the matter of Spyglass Management Group Pty Ltd (Administrators Appointed) [2004] FCA 1469

"The company, which operates the AFL Hall of Fame and Sensation, is hopelessly insolvent. It has many creditors, whose debts in aggregate exceed $26 million."

The judge ruled that under competent management, it had a realistic possibility of being sold as
"a going concern."

Meanwhile, within days, here was Hamo on the ABC's Stateline, which clearly implied this whole deal stunk to high heaven:

Interviewer: What do you say to suggestions that it was awarded to Spyglass as a sort of jobs for AFL mates?
Mal Padgett, a creditor who lost his money: "Somebody will make money out of this. They will take it over and make it work and it will be terrific for everybody, except for us."

This - as a supposed later asset in the footy TV game - sounds like a guy only a brother could love.
Well that's not funny!
The rest of it though is pretty harmless just some dill editing his wiki page and unbelievably not stopping when he runs a dog over,a bloke he knows dog lol.

The dog is fine so all good and just very very funny,particularly moreso now due to the clever dicks in here.

"a going concern."

"Sounds like a guy only a brother could love"

Why does Hamish remind me of Gob from Arrested Development..

35d273.jpg

[YOUTUBE]wCJtwxAw1Pc[/YOUTUBE]

"Sounds like a guy only a brother could love"

35d273.jpg

35jm794.jpg

Pretty sure I just saw Hame (could've been rompingwins) walking into a 7/11 on punt road. He looked like he hadn't been out of the house for days, hadn't shaved and just looked crap.

35d273.jpg

this is amazing

this line makes my blood boil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back