Certified Legendary Thread Hamish Mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwebz

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

Pretty sure I just saw Hame (could've been rompingwins) walking into a 7/11 on punt road. He looked like he hadn't been out of the house for days, hadn't shaved and just looked crap.

Can you blame him? the amount of time he would have spent reading about himself on here over the last couple of days would have been huge haha

Re: hamish mclachlan and wikipedia - a must read for every footy fan - now going nuts on the interwe

i-dont-always-run-companies-into-the-ground-but-when-i-do-i-make-sure-i-use-siphoned-afl-money.jpg

Could anyone put Hamish's maniacal laughing face onto the body of Will Smith as he chokes his dog to death in I Am Legend?

His middle name isn't "Boyd" is it?

If so, we're heading back to the Federal Court for some alarming judgments about a certain McLachlan family in SA.

About forty pages back someone pointed out that Hamo claims his 'handicap' on his polo profile is 'Australia'.

Tool of the Highest Order.

I have no idea why, but the first thing that I thought of after reading your last line, is that he probably has had his "mate" Rompingwins fill out an Order of Australia medal nomination form.

anyone seen hamish hawk? fetch boy! (it's a tennis ball fired from the cannon, although you can't really tell from the gif :cool:)

1rw28l.gif

go easy! my first attempt at making these things. :thumbsu:

Something needs to be done with this:

[youtube]L-4zfsy6rsM[/youtube]

427791_2994043659115_1502905307_32174666_263038068_n.jpg

here was Hamo on the ABC's Stateline, which clearly implied this whole deal stunk to high heaven:

Interviewer: What do you say to suggestions that it was awarded to Spyglass as a sort of jobs for AFL mates?
Hamo: That's how Australia works - tall poppies and other things ...
Interviewer: How do you feel that a lot of creditors won't get their money?
Hamo: Terrible.
Interviewer: Do you feel any responsibility?
Hamo: Yeah, absolutely.
Mal Padgett, a creditor who lost his money: "Somebody will make money out of this. They will take it over and make it work and it will be terrific for everybody, except for us."

I think the Stateline interview was mentioned well back in this thread. And it's available on the ABC site:

http://www.abc.net.au/stateline/vic/content/2003/s1242494.htm

Personally I think it may well not have been him but, for instance, somebody's nephew doing it on his instruction, but IMO definitely with his knowledge.

This is the beauty of the internet, the possibility of him being innocent doesn't make it any less funny. :p

I think if anything, his reputation has gone up somewhat as a result of this all, not for running over Cotchin's dog and not stopping, but showing he can take a bit of a joke without going ballistic.

He has to appreciate the comic genius put into this thread, he is more popular than the St Kilda school girl scandal, that is huge. This is better than him leaking a sex tape. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About forty pages back someone pointed out that Hamo claims his 'handicap' on his polo profile is 'Australia'.

Tool of the Highest Order.

the guy must be much better than I am, I have a Mongolian handicap.

This is the beauty of the internet, the possibility of him being innocent doesn't make it any less funny. :p

I think if anything, his reputation has gone up somewhat as a result of this all, not for running over Cotchin's dog and not stopping, but showing he can take a bit of a joke without going ballistic.

He has to appreciate the comic genius put into this thread, he is more popular than the St Kilda school girl scandal, that is huge. This is better than him leaking a sex tape. :p

Thought the same Tas.
The way he handles this could be huge for him.
Lol BF lynch party could inadverdently launch the Hammer to superstardom.

Running the company into the ground. Fresh blood that the thread needed! Will get to work tonight.

1) if you delegate something to a friend or assistant, you still have responsibility for what they are doing. Do we seriously think "his mate" would manage his rep and image without direction or guidance from the guy he's doing it for?

Fact he said he used the youtube account for work, and this was apparently managed by the mate indicates to me this is not a hands off arrangement.

As such, doesn't matter if Hamish ain't Rompingwins, he's responsible for what the romper is doing on his behalf.

2) If you look at 70-80% of the posts/images/gifs/vids on this thread, its not about him being an arrogant toss bag who edits his own wiki page. Its about him being an arrogant toss bag who ran over someones dog, didn't stop/get out to make sure everything was sweet, and then laughs it off when confronted about it on national TV.

Even if Cotchin wasn't upset about it, he should have shown some human decency and made sure everything was fine.

3) Agree this is a nothing story, so won't get media attention. When thinking about media attention though, look at these examples, think how much media reporting they got, and ask yourself which one was worse:

- Fev running around town holding a dildo
- Kane Johnson having a leak in public
- Buddy walking pissed down St.Kilda Road chatting to the peeps after ditching his girl at a party
- Players tweeting that they don't like certain players or MRP decisions
- TV host nearly running over a dog and even bothering to get out of the car to make sure it was unharmed

funny that the four events that had no impact on anyone at all (except the the wall Kane peed on), were the ones that made the front/back pages.

Edit: Someone beat me

Thought the same Tas.
The way he handles this could be huge for him.
Lol BF lynch party could inadverdently launch the Hammer to superstardom.

I think so, he needs to embrace it for what it is. Nobody here is malicious, it is just good fun stirring. He should acknowledge this in his shows, would be massive for him. Would come across as a good bloke.

Hamish McLachlan = Edward Norton/The Narrator
Ropingwins = Tyler Durden

The only way to kill this wiki-editing, youtube-uploading menace is to shoot yourself in the cheek, Hame!

Here comes the shark, everybody get ready to jump it.

- Fev running around town holding a dildo
- Kane Johnson having a leak in public
- Buddy walking pissed down St.Kilda Road chatting to the peeps after ditching his girl at a party
- Players tweeting that they don't like certain players or MRP decisions
- TV host nearly running over a dog and even bothering to get out of the car to make sure it was unharmed

The difference between the first four and the last is that the people involved are noteworthy enough to have had their wiki entries created and edited organically (ie not by themselves or 'a close friend').

Remove this Banner Ad

Back