Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not luck, it's all Neil Craig's fault. Now that we have removed the cancer we will not lose key players ever again.

Ohh, wait a minute...................................

And assuming your theory is correct and he did sign a contract with GC 12 months ago?

Even if he's actually happy with the prospect of two-three clubs we're in a decent position
as long as it's not code for 'i'll only accept the gold coast and they'll do a deal to get me PSD if you don't send me there' we should emerge ok

Assume we'd get at least an established player+a pick upgrade for him

Trolls about shiny new toys..

Leaves a few days later..

kurt_tippett.jpg

I think Kurt is now feeling a bit queasy and it isn't the early morning surf. Could be a bit of regret about signing that contract twelve months ago.

Christ, I'd love to know if this is true.

I almost hope it is - I'd have a bit more respect for Kurt if it were; but they way he's handled, and handling, this, is absolutely woeful.

The Managers earn a lot of money from these players - isn't PR management part of their job? Because they've ballsed this up completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for playing everyone! AFGM, since I've hounded you a fair bit in this thread, I'll give you props for predicting the date of the announcement almost a fortnight out.

For the sake of allowing those who haven't had the misfortune of following this miserable thread the option of participating in the ensuing discussion, please direct your posts to the new thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tippetts-gone.975955/

Thread closed.

That article says Collingwood are going to list four veterans. I thought you could only list two? Am I wrong?

Either way, that article is the latest in what is coming a long line of terrible media stories on this topic.
You are wrong. Clubs have always been able to have more than 2 rookies, it's just that you can only have two "outside rookies" - in those 2 positions reserved for rookies & veterans. You can have as many "inside veterans" as you like.

What's more, the AFL have broadened the eligibility criteria for veterans, so that any player with 10+ years of service is eligible for veteran listing. Previously they also had to be aged 30+. This now opens veteran listing up to players aged 28 & 29, effectively doubling the number of eligible players overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back