Combined Kurt Tippett contract negotiation/trade possibility thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally if he's going home they'll say so...To spend more time with family etc.

Sounds like they have a destination in mind, other than QLD, now the dealing starts

Yeah I agree, sounds like some considerations now money/location if any of the rumours have any truth as to what has been offered by some clubs.

Cant imagine GC offering more than about 700k.
Syd apparently 1 miil
Coll apparently close to 1 mil?

Interesting AFGM that no receiving club has been announced. What do you make of that?

The odds of a Southport press conference improving.

That's one down two to go.

(Yes, he will leave the Crows, yes he will go to the Gold Coast and yes we will get a mid to late first round draft pick as compensation).

I think Kurt is now feeling a bit queasy and it isn't the early morning surf. Could be a bit of regret about signing that contract twelve months ago.

Yeah I agree, sounds like some considerations now money/location if any of the rumours have any truth as to what has been offered by some clubs.

Cant imagine GC offering more than about 700k.
Syd apparently 1 miil
Coll apparently close to 1 mil?

Was wondering whether we will throw our hat in the ring...we have cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Yes, he will leave the Crows, yes he will go to the Gold Coast and yes we will get a mid to late first round draft pick as compensation).

I think Kurt is now feeling a bit queasy and it isn't the early morning surf. Could be a bit of regret about signing that contract twelve months ago.

Any proof of this??

But it wouldn't have been binding though, you know that. If either party wanted out, they could have just walked away.

Surely it's better for us that a preferred destination club isn't publicly announced?
I agree in theory.

It's more the prospect of it not being QLD and that in reality, Tippet has played the Crows like Gunston did.

If it's a QLD based club, I'm more than happy to accept him leaving.

This is my first contribution to this mega-thread.

I've been thinking for the past few months that if he wants to go home, then I can't really blame him, and good luck to him. Of course I'll be disappointed, but I'll understand.

But, if he ends up anywhere out of Queensland, then I'll be really angry. This whole thing (in my mind) has been about being homesick, and wanting to be back with his family. If it turns out that he's gone somewhere simply for the cash, then he's lost all respect from me (and I suspect 99% of AFC supporters).

seriously, this is a good day for the club. everyone that wants to be a part of the next chapter is now signed, and * everyone else. we now have room in our cap to go after a solid outside mid

The songlist on triple m ATM is fracking ingenius!....

On the bright side, we'll be a big player over the next month. With cash to splash, we should be able to cover our deficiencies well
that is going to be the test.

If we fail to gain adequate compensation for tippet or fail to lure a big fish to replace him (assuming we need it) then it's going to look awfully smelly in Crows world.

Honestly it seems like a good situation for the Crows trade wise
no one can hold us over a barrel, several clubs seriously interested and he hasn't even limited it to a queensland club.

Disappointed to lose him but could be a fantastic opportunity for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back