Your Top 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, here it is. After massive demand... Well, 6 likes, I decided to make this thread to try and settle who the best players in the game are, right now.

This is YOUR list. You can use whatever criteria you want to decide who you put in your list and where. I decide to make it a top 20 thread instead of a top 10 because I think there are a lot of players that would just miss out on the top 10 in a few peoples lists, but still deserved to be in the discussion.

Simply put your list below. You can go into as much or as little detail as you want on why you put so and so where and why. As always, try and keep it civil. People are going to have natural bias towards players on their team and a lot of people can't watch all 30 teams regularly, so that will count against some players.

You've got 1 week to get your list in before I tally up the votes. Votes are simple; 20pts for 1st place, 19 for second, all the way down to 1pt for 20th. I'll keep it simple.

Let's go... :)

I'm interested to see where people place Derrick Rose before I do my list :confused:

Not going to include him or Rondo unfortunately. You could make a case for Rondo because he's actually played this season. Rose would easily be top 5 in most lists if he had played this season, maybe even top 3, but I think it gets messy if you include him.

1. Lebron James - easily the best right now.
2. Kevin Durant - the Macgill to Lebron's Warne.
3. Kobe Bryant - on his day can still be great, but the Lakers poor season hurts him. Bonus warrior points.
4. Chris Paul - the best PG in the league. Has the complete game.
5. Tony Parker - an absolute weapon offensively. Still underrated.
6. Carmelo Anthony - his defence lets him down, but the Knicks wouldn't be where they are without him.
7. Tim Duncan - would have Timmy's babies. The best Center in the league.
8. Russell Westbrook - a freak of nature. Poor basketball IQ stops him being higher.
9. Dwight Howard - has had a poor season by his standards, but still leads the league in Rebs. Still an intimidator.
10. James Harden - I've squeezed Harden in at 10. Has blossomed at the Rockets.
11. Dwayne Wade - gets criticised for not being the number 1 guy on his team anymore. Still the heart of Miami.
12. Kyrie Irving - This kid is clutch. Could be the best player in the league one day.
13. Stephen Curry - This guy is money from down-town. Has helped the Warriors have one of their best seasons in years.
14. LaMarcus Aldridge - Still underrated. One of the best, if not the best PF in the league.
15. Blake Griffin - the next Kemp. His game is starting to round out nicely.
16. Paul Pierce - the Celtics rock.
17. Al Jefferson - another very good bigman. Would be a beast on a better team.
18. Kevin Garnett - his body is letting him down, but is still one of the best low-post defenders in the game.
19. Paul George - this kid is becoming a star.
20. John Wall - can someone please get this guy out of Washington.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Bryant
4. Anthony
5. Bosh
6. Paul
7. Howard
8. Harden
9. Rose
10. Love
11. Westbrook
12. Pierce
13. Wade
14. Griffin
15. Duncan
16. Rondo
17. Parker
18. Randolph (Z)
19. Asik
20. Ibaka

Honourable mentions: Gasol (M), Nowitzki, Garnett

1. LeBronie James
  2. Kevvy Durant
  3. Bean Bryant
  4. Melo Anthony
  5. Timmy D
  6. Heliflopter Paul
  7. Tony Parkour
  8. Russell Chuckbrook, Westbrick
  9. Beard Harden
  10. Dwight C/howard
  11. Al Horford
  12. Uncle Drew
  13. Flash Wade
  14. Dell Curry's kid
  15. Boy George
  16. PP34
  17. David Lee
  18. Blake Floppin
  19. Gazman Jr.
  20. T-Dogg
If you have troubles distinguishing the nicknames, just yell at me... :p

This will end well.

Who really cares? Whats the point of this forum if we're not going to offer opinions. This is the fairest way to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Lebron James- consistently unstoppable, unguardable and unbelievable. while i'm not a massive fan, it wont stop me from giving him the credit that is due
2. Kevin Durant- will be one of the greatest scorers of all time when it is all said and done. will be top 5 in points barring injury and anything drastic.
3. Kobe Bryant- Benjamin Button eat your heart out, having only won 1 MVP will always sit wrongly with me and at 34 still capable of athletic moves most rookies can't pull off.
4. Russell Westbrook- if he was playing for a team like the bobcats or magic he would be averaging over 30 ppg. a freakish athlete and is a carbon copy of Steve Francis only better.
5. Carmelo Anthony- very talented scorer that is capable of scoring 40+ points but still be on the losing squad which he may prove otherwise this season.
6. James Harden- the most well rounded offensive shooting guard in the game but is currently a sub par defender and therefore only 6th.
7. Dwayne Wade- a very talented scorer and defender who is the heart and soul of most dangerous team in the NBA
8. Tony Parker- the main reason the spurs can call themselves a contender and a underrated player who is as capable of a scorer as he is a play maker
9. Chris Paul- like tony he is the main reason the clippers can call themselves contenders. without Paul steering the ship the clippers would still be irrelevant on the wins collum.
10. John Wall- stats don't lie, will be the best point guard in the game as early as the end of next season
11. Marc Gasol- the most talented big in the game. Big and strong yet as light as a feather with his movements, the reason Grizzly basketball is what it is
12. Dwight Howard- still so good, yet no where near his best. you either love him or you hate him
13. Kyrie Irving- a very, very talented Point Guard who has made Cleveland bearably to watch again
14. Tim Duncan- Mr. Fundamentals is also channeling his fountain of youth, still a threat and still a at times dominate force
15. Stephen Curry- Maybe the most dangerous shooter in the game, lights out plain and simple.
16. Paul George- Will continue to grow with Indiana and become a superstar of the game.
17. Deron Williams- on the decline but still one of the better point guards in the game. shows how good he was 4 years ago
18. Serge Ibaka- athletic as hell and only getting better as a basketball player
19. Paul Pierce- Still a star who could drop 30 on any given night, not what he once was, but hey that's what is expected with age
20. Lamarcus Aldridge- money from the low post, good but not great defender but still capable of giving opponents a rough time.

Hope you all appreciate my point of view :)
put a bit of time into this one !

I won't include Rose or Rondo or Love due to injury

1. Lebron (No Doubt)

2. Kobe (Warrior Champion)
3. Durant (Needs work on his D)
4. Howard (Best Big Man in basketball)
5. Melo (Great Scorer)
6. Wade (Best year he has had for awhile)
7. Parker (Best PG going around atm)
8. Westbrook (Would love to see him as the number 1 guy on a team)
9. Harden (Breakout Year)
10. Duncan (Still the best PF in the game)
11. George (This kid could turn out better then Durant imo)
12. Bosh (See Westbrook)
13. CP3 (Doing a solid job)
14. Noah (2nd Best Center in the game. Does everything you need. Should and Will win the DPOTY)
15. M.Gasol (Beast and deserves more Credit)
16. Kyrie (Great young player however he needs to get more wins next season)
17. Al Jefferson (Would love to see him on a contender. Who knows maybe he could end in Dallas With Dirk)
18. Al Horford (Another guy who never gets talked about who deserves too)
19. Blake (Human Highlight Machine)
20. Seth Curry (Would be higher if he stays healthy more often)

Close but no Cigar

Deron Williams
Brook Lopez
LMA
David Lee
KG
Pierce
Deng
Lillard
Wall

1. Lebron James- consistently unstoppable, unguardable and unbelievable. while i'm not a massive fan, it wont stop me from giving him the credit that is due
2. Kevin Durant- will be one of the greatest scorers of all time when it is said and done. will be top 5 in points barring injury and anything drastic.
3. Kobe Bryant- Benjamin Button eat your heart out, having only won 1 MVP will always sit wrongly with me and at 34 still capable of athletic moves most rookies can't pull off.
4. Russell Westbrook- if he was playing for a team like the bobcats or magic he would be averaging over 30 ppg. a freakish athlete and is a carbon copy of Steve Francis only better.
5. Carmelo Anthony- very talented scorer that is capable of scoring 40+ points but still be on the losing squad which he may prove otherwise this season.
6. James Harden- the most well rounded offensive shooting guard in the game but is currently a sub par defender and therefore only 6th.
7. Dwayne Wade- a very talented scorer and defender who is the heart and soul of most dangerous team in the NBA
8. Tony Parker- the main reason the spurs can call themselves a contender and a underrated player who is as capable of a scorer as he is a play maker
9. Chris Paul- like tony he is the main reason the clippers can call themselves contenders. without Paul steering the ship the clippers would still be irrelevant on the wins collum.
10. John Wall- stats don't lie, will be the best point guard in the game as early as the end of next season
11. Marc Gasol- the most talented big in the game. Big and strong yet as light as a feather with his movements, the reason Grizzly basketball is was it is
12. Dwight Howard- still so good, yet no where near his best. you either love him or you hate him
13. Kyrie Irving- a very, very talented Point Guard who has made Cleveland bearably to watch again
14. Tim Duncan- Mr. Fundamentals is also channeling his fountain of youth, still a threat and still a at times dominate force
15. Stephen Curry- Maybe the most dangerous shooter in the game, lights out plain and simple.
16. Paul George- Will continue to grow with Indiana and become a superstar of the game.
17. Deron Williams- on the decline but still one of the better point guards in the game. shows how good he was 4 years ago
18. Serge Ibaka- athletic as hell and only getting better as a basketball player
19. Paul Pierce- Still a star who could drop 30 on any given night, not what he once was, but hey that's what is expected with age
20. Lamarcus Aldridge- money from the low post, good but not great defender but still capable of giving opponents a rough time.

Hope you all appreciate my point of few :)
put a bit of time into this one !
Lack of Garnett is disturbing.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Bryant
4. Anthony
5. Bosh
6. Paul
7. Howard
8. Harden
9. Rose
10. Love
11. Westbrook
12. Pierce
13. Wade
14. Griffin
15. Duncan
16. Rondo
17. Parker
18. Randolph (Z)
19. Asik
20. Ibaka

Honourable mentions: Gasol (M), Nowitzki, Garnett

Dude, he is talking in terms of this season (hence the not including Rose and Rondo).

Also I'll ignore the Bosh ahead of CP3, Howard and Rose thing seeing as though you must be drunk and high right now.

However I won't ignore Asik in the top 20, you are officially insane, Asik is a beast defensively but his stone hands, s**t FT shooting and general lack of offensive skill automatically eliminate him from being top 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back